[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1444587150210.jpg (117 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444587150210.jpg
117 KB, 1440x1080
>get really excited about something I think is cool that I want to share/talk about with people
>spend awhile thinking up the best way to make the thread and make sure there's no similar threads up
>0 replies and 404
>>
what topics and board OP?
>>
When that happens I just bump the thread pretending I'm different people and have a conversation with myself about the subject. Usually this is enough to get people besides me to start talking, but if someone notices and accuses me of samefagging, then the fun really begins because I accuse THEM of being the one to samefag up my thread.

Either way this absolutely never fails to get discussion rolling. You just need to have the determination to keep your thread alive for a while.
>>
>>371569
I wanted to talk about some /a/ music but I didn't really want to just dump it in the generic OP/ED thread. I tried to do something more unique that I thought would leave more room for discussion
>>
>>371585
What music?
I made thread about tatami galaxy ed once and it did okay. Guess I got lucky.
>>
>>371585
Just create the thread again and link it here. I'll participate in it a bit to help it get some attention.
>>
>>371593
It was actually still on page 10 I guess.

>>>/a/134454484
>>
>>371613
/a/ is a surprisingly slow board for how big it is.
>>
>>371568
>>371585
General culture is to blame for this. If you thread isn't a general, a repost or obvious bait, you'll never get any replies
>>
>>371618
Yeah I know, thanks for bumping at least. How does OP bumping his own thread work anyway? Can't you only do it after a certain amount of time or posters?
>>371626
You're probably right, such a shame that blatant shitposters get loads of replies and legitimate threads just get ignored when it should be the other way around
>>
>>371613
Well, seems it got some attention in the end at least.

>>371637
If I remember correctly, it's 15 minutes and then after that all of your bumps behave as normal.
>>
File: 1444332245039.jpg (41 KB, 458x448) Image search: [Google]
1444332245039.jpg
41 KB, 458x448
>>372060
Yeah I'm happy with what I got, now that I think about it /a/ is usually predisposed to paying more attention to depressing/sad threads and ignoring more positive ones so with that in mind it was pretty decent.
>>
>>372069
I'd say the internet in general is like that. Negative things get more attention because negative things are easier to talk about. It's why I'm pretty inclined to avoid discussion for things I like. Because even though I know there are other people who like those things the majority of the discussion I see will be highly negative.
>>
>>371568
You have to do what everyone else does: Spam the same thread every hour and samefag with your mobile.
>>
>>371573
that doesn't work anymore. OP can't self-bump now, not even to dump images. It's bullshit.
We should at least get to bump our thread 10 times, then maybe unique threads in /b/ would last longer than 4 minutes
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.