[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else noticing generals cancer creeping up on different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: post rock sister.png (471 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
post rock sister.png
471 KB, 500x480
Anyone else noticing generals cancer creeping up on different boards? /int/ is a lost cause, every thread is a general, read: chatroom for slavic neets to exchange memes. now /mu/ has a million gay generals about literal diarrhea genres such as kpop and black metal. We should bring back text boards but make them the only place you're allowed to post generals.
>>
File: stop liking what i dont like.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
stop liking what i dont like.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>literal diarrhea genres such as kpop and black metal
>>
>>371364
/tg/ as well

The generals there are so thick and numerous it's hard to get a decent discussion rolling on any other thread without resorting to blatant flamebait.
>>
>>371364
>>371416
Never really got why some people go into autistic rages about generals, everyone has used one at least once and it doesn't effect you at all unless you post in them. Plus they are a good way to keep old or unpopular topics available for discussion.
>>
>>371430
because muh board culture

Generals are what every board on 4chan used to be like
>>
Just make "general" threads against the rules.
>>
>>371400
weeb pls go
>>
>>371430
maybe because they clear legitimate threads off the board?
>>
>>371430
>it doesn't effect you at all unless you post in them.
Except, they fucking do. I can no longer post in threads for anime/manga I like because I don't follow the retarded 24/7 circlejerking generals. Generals are cancer and go against the way the website is meant to run

I will always believe its shittons better to have 10 threads up for a single show at a time that eventually dies down then it is to condense it into a single thread that NEVER dies
>>
>>371462
>Except, they fucking do. I can no longer post in threads for anime/manga I like because I don't follow the retarded 24/7 circlejerking generals.

Are you literally retarded
>>
>>371430
>at least once
No.
>>
>>371486
If you actually try posting, everyone instead ignores any and all attempts at genuine discussion. They'll keep answering the same question for the millionth time instead and keep image dumping to keep the thread alive. It's plainly diluting actual discussion and the fact that it's always up makes it worse since discussion is diluted over many many hours making it harder to actually talk about things. Some guy will ask about some chapter for instance that came out yesterday and no one will respond at all.
>>
File: 80074_1447801122.gif (124 KB, 590x333) Image search: [Google]
80074_1447801122.gif
124 KB, 590x333
>>371462
If there's a general of the anime you want to talk about, then you are the cancer.
>>
>>371592
There is a general of literally every anime, idiot.
>>
>>371594
Not him, but I don't watch anime, I only read manga, so there you go. Even when I do watch anime, I won't even post in some threads.
>>
>>371597
There are manga generals too, so?
>>
>>371594
So you'd rather have the circlejerking of popular series spread out among 20 threads than contained to one? Why do you think what you want to post is more special and unique than all the other shitters every season?
>>
>>371606
For what? Anything but SnK and Tokyo Ghoul (which only have them because of their anime). OPT despite being on the board for years have never been back to back and they're just full of newfags mainly. It's always an influx of new people, not the same people posting all the time (although the pages don't change much).
>>
>>371608
No, I want generals.
>>
>>371608
Yes, because those 20 threads won't be fucking generals or circlejerking and when they get bumped off they don't get remade
>>
File: ganben shitekureyo.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
ganben shitekureyo.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>371616
>won't be circlejerking
>don't get remade
>>
>>371364
Generals are the only threads on /mu/ with decent discussions and not forced meme spam or /mu/core circlejerk
>>
>>371616
It's not that they don't get remade, they don't carry on single-mindedly. People move from thread to thread in a more organic fashion. As soon as you start crosslinking to previous posts in previous threads, it's suddenly one giant conversation that never ends.
>>
>>371430
They encourage low quality posts and stale discussion for the sake of keeping the thread alive, they create insular little groups of autistic tripfags and other undesirables, they cast aside actual discussion in favor of circlejerking and attention whoring, people who don't want to discuss a topic in its terrible general are often met with posts like "go back to your general," etc.

They're subreddits within an imageboard. Generals are essentially turning 4chan into a forum with threads that never die and discussions that never progress or generate anything interesting. One of the key points of 4chan/Futaba/imageboards as whole is to have brief discussions that die and are bumped off the board, and then people move on to the next thing. They aren't supposed to have these asinine eternal threads that create their own little sub-communities.

Even though moot hated generals and wanted them gone he was too much of a sackless faggot to actually go through with it so now the site is stuck with them forever.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.