[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/news/ still hasn't got more than 10,000 posts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: Laughing-Frog-Man.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Frog-Man.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>/news/ still hasn't got more than 10,000 posts
>>
>>368989
I didn't know that quantity was a sign of quality. In fact the opposite seems true.
>>
File: Smug-Frog-Man.jpg (42 KB, 547x471) Image search: [Google]
Smug-Frog-Man.jpg
42 KB, 547x471
>>368990
A dead board also isn't a sign of quality.
>>
>>368994
Posting pepe isn't a sign of quality either.
>>
It's faster than /po/.
>>
>dumb frogposter still hasn't got more than 70 points of IQ
>>
File: dandy zombie.png (2 MB, 1278x718) Image search: [Google]
dandy zombie.png
2 MB, 1278x718
I seriously had no idea there was a news board until I looked at this thread.

Why the fuck isn't it on the 4chanX board list? Why isn't /qa/ for that matter?
>>
>>369013
Only people like you who constantly use quick reply never see the announcement under the [Post a Reply] at the top of the page.
>>
>>>/news/
>>
File: sad.jpg (257 KB, 780x1015) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
257 KB, 780x1015
>tfw range banned
bleep bloop
>>
>>369068
You only posted fluff and kept breaking the 5 post at a time rule anyway. Good riddance.
>>
Is there a news archive?
>>
>>369074
The 5 threads at a time rule is silly, especially for /news/.

Not even Reddit is this authoritarian.

Why does it matter how many threads someone posts if all the threads are good quality?
>>
>>369079
http://archive.4plebs.org/plebs/thread/891/#q891

tl;dr: probably not right now
>>
>>369083
I'm not sure (haven't personally seen it in action on more than a handful of boards) but I think the 5 post rule applies to all boards and has been that way for a very long time.
>>
>>369085
Seems dumb not archive the early stuff for a new board. Especially one that is slow/low traffic with no images can't be much resource cost I imagine.

Hope desu steals their thunder :^)
>>
File: 1434180890035.png (203 KB, 396x395) Image search: [Google]
1434180890035.png
203 KB, 396x395
>>369074
He is good bot, keeping /news/ from being /pol/-2.0 with puff piece and food recipes.
>>
File: 1375601777165.jpg (588 KB, 2151x1606) Image search: [Google]
1375601777165.jpg
588 KB, 2151x1606
>>369097
I resent him for being a rule breaker. It isn't fair to the people who are patiently waiting for their previous posts to finally get bumped off page 10 after 4 or 5 days.

If mods/Hiro wants to get rid of the 5 post rule on /news/ that's fine but as it is now it isn't fair to the people stuck with static IPs to be lax on that rule.

As for your second point, I appreciate a nicepost every now and then as much as the next Anon but not 25 of them on such a slow board.
>>
>>369016
>You anon might like it more. "Anonymous Documentary - How Anonymous Hackers Changed the World Full Documentary"
>>
>>369106
lel he put that up on November 5th
>>
>>369105
>It isn't fair to the people who are patiently waiting for their previous posts to finally get bumped off page 10 after 4 or 5 days.
Wouldn't he be helping those people?
>>
>>369109
Even with all of the bot's fluffposting and that of the /int/ raiding party from the other day, it hasn't moved the catalog more than 2 or 3 pages.

But having the most recent posts in the catalog be all the NYTbot because every other legit poster is waiting for the stories doesn't help because it scares serious posters off as much as having the catalog full of pages of /pol/ racebait or /v/ gaming clickbait would.

All that said, I don't like the NYT personally but I'm really trying to keep an open mind about what an acceptable source is. I mean, I would take a NYTbot in a heartbeat over some other sources he could be spamming.
>>
>>369121
>over some other sources he could be spamming.
Don't jinx it or we'll get BreitbartBot.
>>
>>369128
I was thinking NYPOSTBot but Breitbart is just as bad if not worse.
>>
While I don't agree post count equals quality, the decision to make it text-only is just baffling.
Not only because most media sources, including news papers, use images but because this is an image board.
>>
>>369132

>because this is an image board.

We've had textboards before. Imageboards are actually older than textboards. There's a lot, like the one Hiro used to run which was the largest forum in the world. So, going "it's an imageboard!" doesn't mean shit since imageboards and textboards go side by side, and 4chan had textboards before. We only got rid of them relatively recently, for most of 4chan's history we've had them.
>>
>>369134
Times change, grandpa.

Also I hope hiroshima adds a like button, like, get with the times
>>
>>369132
It's not completely text only, OPs can have images in them
>>
As a imageboard, /news/ is a failure.
But as a textboard, it's decent.
>>
>>369166
As a quality poster, you're a failure.
But as a redditor, you're decent.
>>
>>369087
>>369083
It's to prevent spam/shilling

Not that it would work, just that it would make it harder
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.