[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest, overall view of [s4s]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10
File: s4s2.png (191 KB, 1052x564) Image search: [Google]
s4s2.png
191 KB, 1052x564
What do you think this board represents at this point. It is seriously the only board I've seen with any integrity at all.

I know, I know they steal a lot of shit.

But really, it is the only board left where people act like faggots (figs) ironically.

Although being ironic about this still makes you a faggot.

The levels of irony keep their jokes as actual inside jokes and normal people wouldn't be able to understand it, like 4chan had always tried to be in the day. A lot of inside jokes.

Inside jokes are the greatest kind, and what [s4s] is doing is being the REAL meta board.

They are examining the "shit" that "4chan says" and simulating it to an exaggerated extent. I mean all we are really doing on any board is being edgy and forcing memes, which is what they are doing ironically for their own kicks.

"I mean this was moots favorite board for a reason." - (meme on [s4s])

What do you all feel about [s4s]?
>>
File: s4s3.png (80 KB, 676x291) Image search: [Google]
s4s3.png
80 KB, 676x291
>>368492
The site really is the true meta board.
It's truly the best commentary on what 4chan has become
>>
>>368492
>all we are really doing on any board is being edgy and forcing memes

maybe that's what you do you fucking cunt
>>
File: IS.png (260 KB, 1342x583) Image search: [Google]
IS.png
260 KB, 1342x583
I like the IS meme
>>
>>368503
>maybe that's what you do you fucking cunt

Just by saying that you're being edgy newfag.

It took you three seconds to type that and you forgot to proof read for retardedness before hitting enter again didn't you ?
>>
prove it -_-
>>
penis.

>_< proved
>>
>>368500
I'm amazed how well that joke works.
>>
File: yesh.png (8 KB, 346x343) Image search: [Google]
yesh.png
8 KB, 346x343
>>368518
I don't know that feel
>>
>>368518
I'm surprised by everything on [s4s] and this website as a whole.
>>
>>368492
I'm waiting until I've finished enough playthroughs of Undertale to be satisfied and then when I'm done I'll go there and start making a bunch of Undertale threads.
>>
>>368504
Truly a sad day in [s4s] when some fucktard hacktivist-type can make a thread, some newfriends jump on board and it'll get stickied and show up on the news.
>>
File: 4.png (207 KB, 753x824) Image search: [Google]
4.png
207 KB, 753x824
>>368500
>>
>>368507
I feel bad for you, here's the (You) you were looking for.
>>
>>368492
They are just wannabe /jp/ without good topics.
>>
File: ajp.jpg (128 KB, 473x480) Image search: [Google]
ajp.jpg
128 KB, 473x480
>>368587
[s4s] looks like /jp/ because /jp/ and [s4s] have the same users.
>>
>>368492
It represents the very cancer that it was attempting to parody in the first place.
>>
>>368492
>"I mean this was moots favorite board for a reason." - (meme on [s4s])

That's not a meme, he actually said that a few times.
>>
File: 1449152702359.png (9 KB, 434x159) Image search: [Google]
1449152702359.png
9 KB, 434x159
It's a funny board.

Not a meme, it is genuinely hilarious.
>>
>>368492
it's pretty fun. too bad for the loads of weebs though
>>
>>368595

/jp/ has been a popular board to raid for many years. It shouldn't surprise anyone that such a small board can be hijacked, especially since most of its core was either banned or left.
>>
Both evolving to simplicity and devolving to shitposting, [s4s] presents a troublingly obscure and romantic work. On this board, posters come closest to achieving the ideal of the ancient Greeks: an epic poem set to memes and choreographed to the motions of posters on a stage, telling a story that is both literal and of mythic symbolism, which [s4s] expresses through meme slices that resemble the leitmotifs of Richard Wagner. The listener becomes enmeshed into these posts and subsequently shocked awake when their evocative structures unfold and implode, blooming a wistful moment of both realization and emotion, resignation and resistance. Emotion comes from the ironic text distorted to merge with the electronic organic mass of images, rhythmically adept to insert the contortions of writing in anguished, hopeless ferocity. Like most imageboards, it is self-indulgent to the edge of being egodramatic, but in this case a contemplative mood takes over in a clarity of purpose distilled to simplicity. Not as cutting, destructive, and angry as earlier boards it seems more reflective and nihilistic, recognizing prison as an indifferent destiny in a world this repulsively stupid. [s4s] explains shitposting and the clash between the ancient (narrative) and modern (ambient) by resolving them both to a primitive outlook on life, a spiritual holocaust that eliminates our feelings and judgments and replaces them with the hard reality of a cold night in the forest.Thus concludes a brief vision of eternal order rising from necessary violence and then chaos, presenting the human soul yearning for more than the functional before vanishing into despair with the enigmatic afterglow.
>>
>>368643
This is the first time I have EVER seen someone other than me post a screenshot of one of my posts. That was my post about the singles meme lol. :D happy. This is also my thread btw. I'm OP.
>>
>>368691
I literally read that entire post 100% and I do not regret it. That was beautiful anon.
>>
I believe everynyan is a [s4s]poster to some degree.
>>
>>368492
Biggest tryhards on this site, full of kids born in 1997 who can't accept that they missed out on 2005 when meme culture was new and funny
>>
File: oswald.png (28 KB, 762x718) Image search: [Google]
oswald.png
28 KB, 762x718
who /oswald/ here?
>>
File: ooh.jpg (11 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
ooh.jpg
11 KB, 320x272
>>368500
>>368511
>>368688
dubs nice
>>368587
Fore!
>>
Post the awoo~ one.
>>
>>369859
>being anally perturbed over the best board on 4chan
u dont get the ironing kiddo :^DDDD
>>
>>368492
it's one of my favorite boards
mind you, [s4s] shit needs to stay on [s4s], but I love the place

>>368587
it's actually kind of worrying just how similar [s4s] and /jp/ look when you peek at the catalog
they're different, but only because /jp/ isn't explicitly about shitposting

>>368534
it was probably just for fun
but I don't like how it's become Big News™ and drew a bunch of people in, that killed the fun
>>
>>368492
I sense you're a fellow [s4s] ironyposter, but I'll gladly indulge in answering for everybody else who's uninitiated :^)

It's fair to say a lot of people there understand it's ironic and funny to be a namefig, but sometimes people catch the special-snowflake-syndrome and take things a bit too far - and that's bad. But aside from that, yeah I'd say it's actually a pretty great board desu laddie.

It's always about memes, people are typically nice, and it's the ONE board where if you don't post for a long time, you can get right back into it guaranteed. It never changes since it was never really about anything to begin with. Just an endless river of meaningless uploads that people scroll and look at...
>>
>>369944
checked
>>
>>368535
XD
>>
File: nice was a mistake1.png (1 MB, 5000x4859) Image search: [Google]
nice was a mistake1.png
1 MB, 5000x4859
>>368492
[s4s] used to be oldfigs pretending to be 14 year old autists

now it's 14 year old autistic newfigs trying to force shit memes
>>
>>>/s4s/3978240

Kek.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.