[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dead brony lol >>>/mlp/25647737
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 485x303
Dead brony lol

>>>/mlp/25647737
>>
File: 1386655148402.jpg (26 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1386655148402.jpg
26 KB, 500x333
>>
Wait, what happened, why is everyone called = instead of anonymous.
>>
>being edgy
>believing anonymous posts on 4chan
>unironically using "lol"
OP confirmed underage
>>
>>368203
It's a pony meme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjQZ016ny_U
>>
>>367943
>Dead pegasister , lel.
FTFY.
I know that you would probably would think that the OP in that thread is lying about his/her gender but in reality I've seen a shitload of females posting with timestamps over the past 3 years on /mlp/ , you can even search for that shit in desustorage.
And it actually makes sense since it's a pony board.
>>368203
Ctrl + f 'default name' in this link : http://tanasinn.info/wiki/Complete_History_of_4chan
You'll understand.
>>
>>368203
Ponyfag here

It's a reference to the Season 5 premiere two-parter, the main characters find a town where all the ponies have the same cutie mark, an equal sign (the cutie mark represents their talent which is discovered later in life since all the ponies are born without them). The town is led by a pony named Starlight Glimmer, who doesn't have an equal sign but has her own mark. She has brainwashed the town into giving up their cutie marks so that everybody can be equal, so it's kind of like a Communist reference.

So, as such, Anonymous was changed to = for the premiere. It was changed to = again when the Season 5 finale two-parter aired, where Glimmer comes back to try and change the timeline so that the main characters never get their cutie marks. In the end everybody finds out she only hated cutie marks because her brother got a cool one and got all the attention (so basically she's a pissy bitch), so Twilight talked her out of permanently ruining the timeline. Now she's her student and apparently now a main character.

Pardon my autism.
>>
>>368277
Knowing things and explaining them politely to people who ask isn't autistic. It's normal. Well, normal everywhere besides 4chan, anyway. That's why they like to call it autistic.
>>
File: 1449218460202.png (113 KB, 223x255) Image search: [Google]
1449218460202.png
113 KB, 223x255
Why do people who hate ponies and bronies keep going to /mlp/?
>>
>>368286
It just gets annoying having to explain the obvious endlessly sometimes.
>>
>>368277
That's some dystopian shit, cool. Shitty conclusion though, but I guess it had to fit in with the theme of the show.
I stopped watching before season 4 I think, so I've missed most the happenings recently.
>>
>>368303
What's wrong with that conclusion? Sounds like every Touhou game to me, and Touhou is great.
>>
>>368277
That sounds cool, but I can't be arsed to start watching the show again.
>>
>>368304
Never played Touhou, but the whole "let's convert the villain and make them realize their mistakes" is a bit sugary. In fact, I prefer it be the other way, where the villain turns out to be right, although a bit radical perhaps. That, or no distinction between right or wrong, just two different mindsets. Doesn't happen often in western media though.
>>
>>368303
No surprises here either.
33% of the board left /mlp/ because of all of the things that happened in 2013 (Season 3 being the worst season of all , Twilicorn incident , Faust's visit , scruffening , EQG1).
However , the show's quality got redeemed some how in season 4 (pinkie pride had Weird Al" Yankovic as a guest star and people started to throw 9/10s left and right on IMDB on that episode).
The remains of /mlp/ is a mixutre of 50% hardcore autists that never left and the other 50% are newfags that got involved with /mlp/ in 2014 because of 'Rainbow Rocks' being an actual good movie.
I'm not trying to shill , hell I recommend everyone not to watch the show and to stay out of /mlp/ for their own sake.
But if you already got involved in the show in 2012 or before then I think you would actually enjoy both the show and the board even now.
>>
>>368308
Honestly that comparison oversimplifies it a bit. While the antagonist always chills out and joins the protagonist for some tea after they've been beat up, Touhou is generally closer the last example you named, at least these days. Like three of the final bosses are still going around preaching their religions of choice and stuff, last time we heard from them. The Buddhist one has a rad motorcycle.
>>
>>368311
>(Season 3 being the worst season of all , Twilicorn incident , Faust's visit , scruffening , EQG1).

Care to go into more detail for a non-watcher? Now I'm curious.
>>
>>368317
Just read these :
http://www.horse-ne
ws.net/2014/02/february-month-of-despair-look-back.html

https://1d4chan.
org/wiki/My_Little_Pony

http://gyropedia.wik
ia.com/wiki/4chan's_Pony_Board

Sorry for the inconvenience , the system thinks of the links as spam.
>>
>>368311
Hmm, I'm hesitant. I mostly joined the whole parade in 2011 out of a need to be a part of a community (which I wasn't at the time). Was fun times on /b/, and the whole thing with everyone hating us and the constant ban-storms and organized ban evasion made me feel that community feeling, I guess.
I don't feel that same need nowadays though, I've settled in on other boards and gotten a couple good friends irl since then too.
>>
>>368330
Whatever floats your boat m8.
It was nice talking to you.
>>
>>368317
>Worst season
Season 3 didn't have very many good episodes. The best were mediocre in comparison to the other seasons.

>Twilicorn
The main character's situation fundamentally changed due to executive meddling with an incredibly sloppy execution. Considering this show runs on the old cartoon idea of everything returning to the standard every episode, changing the standard for the worse is a big deal.

>Faust's visit
Faust, the creator of the show, did an AMA on the board.

>Scruffening
A mod that didn't like MLP and had never used the board decided that she was going to 'clean it up'. This went about as well as the /tg/ nazimod. The quality of the board took a permanent hit. This event is why /pone/, 8gag's version of /mlp/, and ponychan still exist.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.