[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/ needs higher standards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: rommel.jpg (11 KB, 242x306) Image search: [Google]
rommel.jpg
11 KB, 242x306
>remove humanities becuase of shitty slide threads
>if a post doesnt contain at least two sources from approved sites it has a lighter color
>posts under 150 words default to being minimized.
>posts with 2+ approved citations are a darker colour
>>
A lot of this, if not all, you can do with filters and custom CSS.
>>
>>366200
Wouldnt impact the entire board, which is needed.
>>
>>366197
>remove humanities
This.
But the rest would be dumb.
If you want something like that then go to a slower imageboard.
>>
>>366205
Why? Not every board benefits from being an ocean of piss. /biz/ is a prime fucking example of wasted potential.
>>
heated criticism wont go away with some standards, as long as there is limited censoreship itll keep that 4chan flavor
>>
>>366197
jeez if only /news/ had such standards
>>
>>366197

>if a post doesnt contain at least two sources from approved sites it has a lighter color

I like the idea, but not the execution. What if I want to cite to a book? I give a name and an author and an edition and a page. I get lightlisted because it's not in a link that the computer can recognize?
>>
>>366197
>remove humanities
ok
impractical and not that great 2bh
>posts under 150 words default to being minimized.
this kills every possibility of having fun on /his/ tho
>post with 2+ approved citations are a darker colour
le ebin upvotes? New frontiers for the shitposting market?
>>
I think humanities should be folded into /lit/ since there's so much crossover. Discussing Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, or the fiction Camus wrote without touching on the philosophical underpinnings would be a shame.
>>
why don't the mods just send every thread to you so you can approve it before it's posted?
>>
>>366197
>people were worried /his/ would be /pol/ with dates
>/his/ turned out to be /lit/ with dates
>>
>>367377
everyone was paranoid about any /pol/ spillover so alot of politically charged history threads were met with derision and shitposting. Thus the pendulum swung the other way towards the humanities rather than general history
>>
>>366197
I haven't been on there for like 3 weeks but I liked it when I was there. Has the history to philosophy ratio gone too low or something?
>>
Why not just make it a geography, history, philosophy board? The OG social sciences/humanities.
>>
>>366197
I'm going to go to /his/ and start a humanities thread just for you, OP.
>>
>>366197
>approved sites

While you're well intentioned, you know this would devolve into petty arguments over sources and a whole bunch of circlejerking over "muh light post" and "muh dark post" shit. It would create more problems than it solved.
>>
File: 1447671204621.jpg (439 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1447671204621.jpg
439 KB, 1000x1000
>>368184
>minimize sub 150 char posts
Hello reddit
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.