[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What filters do you use to combat shitposters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: filters.png (6 KB, 325x145) Image search: [Google]
filters.png
6 KB, 325x145
Post 'em.
>>
I've exclusively filtered this thread, Anon, because it's the absolute shittiest ever made.
>>
>>365885
Thanks for the bump, anon.
>>
Only pussies use filters
>>
>>365884
>using filters
Why don't you just go use reddit instead, you might like it better, you big fucking faggot
>>
>>365886
It was at the top, Anon. I didn't upvote you.
>>
all tripfags
all namefags
a fair few comment patterns
>>
>>365884
/^!/
>>
>>365888
>>365889
Tell me one thing that's wrong with filters.

>>365890
Sure it was, anon.
>>
>>365916
You're a giant bitch for hiding things and words you don't like that. If you're so scared of people who are different, why aren't you using something like Facebook or Twitter, so you can block people and then post about how you blocked people and how your super duper awesome for doing so
>>
>>365921
>You're a giant bitch for hiding things and words you don't like that.
How? You just sound mad that no one wants to see your shitposts.

>If you're so scared of people who are different, why aren't you using something like Facebook or Twitter
Let me guess, you're the same anon that mentioned reddit in his post, right?
>>
>>365884
Using filters is for shitheads not even sparing other users the report they would do of obvious shit.
>>
>>365927
You know you can filter and report, too, right?
>>
>>365925
>How? You just sound mad that no one wants to see your shitposts.
Unfortunately for you, I actually don't shitpost and am deadly serious. Instead of hiding things you don't like, like a little baby, how about you actually learn to tolerate shit, retaliate and be vocal about things you dislike like everyone else has done for years, or you could actually fucking use the report system, fuckwit. Filters only help make people treat the website like a chatroom, which its not and it shouldn't be treated so

The overall average of the site could be improved by removing the inline extension, since your casual users won't be fucked to use the 3rd party ones, but won't want to deal with shit like having to f5 to get new posts just so they can shitpost
>>
>>365931
>Instead of hiding things you don't like, like a little baby, how about you actually learn to tolerate shit
Why would I need to tolerate it if I have to the option to get rid of it automatically?

>retaliate and be vocal about things you dislike like everyone else has done for years
That's literally how threads dissolve into nothing but shitposting. Ever heard of 'ignore the things you hate'? If more people on 4chan ignored threads they didn't like, threads on 4chan would be good.

>or you could actually fucking use the report system, fuckwit.
See >>365929

>Filters only help make people treat the website like a chatroom, which its not and it shouldn't be treated so
4chan threads nowadays are always treated as chatrooms. moot even said so in his last Q&A. Generals are what started it.
>>
>>365935
>4chan threads nowadays are always treated as chatrooms. moot even said so in his last Q&A. Generals are what started it.
If memory serves me well, he also said at one point that 4chan isn't a chatroom and shouldn't be treated as such as well. Filters ARE apart of that problem, but yes, generals are a big part of it as well

>Ever heard of 'ignore the things you hate'? If more people on 4chan ignored threads they didn't like, threads on 4chan would be good.
There's a difference between ignoring things I don't actually like and telling people saying things I don't like to fuck off. If I don't like x show, I'm obviously not going to open its thread, but if someone says desu senpai kek or shit like that, I'm going to tell them to fuck off
>>
just tripcodes desu lad
>>
>>365942
>If memory serves me well, he also said at one point that 4chan isn't a chatroom and shouldn't be treated as such as well.
moot isn't the one posting on the board or threads all day.

>if someone says desu senpai kek or shit like that, I'm going to tell them to fuck off
You're the reason they'll keep on saying it, retard. The only reason they posting those is because they're looking for a reaction, a reaction that you're giving them.

If nobody replied to them, it wouldn't continue on in the thread. You think you're telling them off, but all your doing is giving them more ammunition to troll and bait the thread with.
>>
Filters are pathetic.

Look at this guy, what a pussy:
>>365905
He's so triggered by certain words and certain tripfags that he chooses to filter them away.
It's pathetic and also a bit scary. Imagine this guy as a dictator, he wouldn't mind killing off people he doesn't like and he would also make certain words illegal.
>>
File: int filters.png (9 KB, 358x165) Image search: [Google]
int filters.png
9 KB, 358x165
There's nothing worse than underage americans talking about their petrol.
>>
ITT: retards getting mad at words and retards getting mad at other retards because they don't want to read their shitposts
baka desu senpaitachi

>>366001
>He's so triggered by certain words and certain tripfags that he chooses to filter them away
Obviously not that guy but I can understand people filtering tripfags by principle. Being an attentionwhore on an anonymous imageboard is not a trait you'd see on a quality poster.
>>
I filter sonygger/pony and nintendrone/kiddie on /v/ to make it somewhat bearable to post on
>>
>>365921
Protip: your shitposting isn't doing the world a favor. Make posts worth reading and maybe they won't get filtered.
>>
Best part about these threads is the butthurt shitposters who get offended over people not caring about their worthless posts that add nothing to a conversation.
That said, I rarely filter. Had that annoying Twitter lingo filtered out until the mods outdid me. Also had a namefag filtered until he got banned.
>>
>>366004
>gas is : tripcode
What.
You probabily were trying to filter names, anon
>>
>>366151
Recently I am noticing many people confusing tripcode with name, so take this post as advice
>>
I don't exactly "filter" anyone, I don't hide the threads/replies that I don't like completely. Instead, I use some CSS to move them to the bottom of the catalog or to the right side of the thread
>>
"reddit"
"shit taste"
"high test"
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.