[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this deleted again? This stuff happened quite frequently.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: ss (2015-12-01 at 02.43.02).jpg (165 KB, 1189x626) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-01 at 02.43.02).jpg
165 KB, 1189x626
Why was this deleted again? This stuff happened quite frequently. What are hiro doing?
>>
This happened on Stein Gate thread too.

What the fuck Mod doing?
>>
Some of them most be new.
>>
>>365805
>tokyo ghoul general thread
Mods are doing their job, thats what
>>
>deleting generals

I don't see the problem here familia.
>>
Why the fuck moderation/janitors on /a/ is so shit?
Because they don't even watch any currently airing anime or read manga. They don't recognise shitposting and that's why shitposters are winning.
>>
>>365805
Mods are finally deleting generals again? Good. They are some of the worst threads on the board.
If people didn't keep forcing them to be alive 24/7 then they may actually become better again.
>>
So I don't understand why people hate generals. Is it because of all the OC? Is it because the threads are popular and people like them?
>>
>>365805
>deleting tokyo ghoul thread
Thank you based mod/janitor
>>
>>367468
generals always turn into circlejerks.
>>
>>367496
Seriously now. What is the matter with circlejerks?
>>
>>367468
They become circlejerks, with their own memes and tripfags. Just take a look at Madoka generals.

That said, they should delete the Monmusu thread as well.
>>
>>367501
Again... What is the matter with that? Why is OC bad?
>>
File: smugtouhou.png (515 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
smugtouhou.png
515 KB, 1000x1000
>>367500
>What is the matter with circlejerks?
You can't be serious anon?

>>367468
>OC
>generals
>producing any actual OC
>>
>>367508
I'm dead serious. What's the matter with echo chambers?
>>
>>367510
Not anyone you were talking to, but at their worst it becomes a bunch of regulars treating the threats like their personal chat room (ignoring ERP devolution) and even at their best they tend to become insular and develop their own impenetrable culture separate from the rest of the board.
>>
>>367514
>become insular and develop their own impenetrable culture separate from the rest of the board.
lurk more :^)
>>
>>367500
You should try reddit
>>
>>367533
Echo chambers are all about excluding ideas you don't agree with.

And you're telling me to leave.

What's different or special about 4chan? The generals form a little culture that doesn't include you, so you'd have them banned entirely. That's so hypocritical and disappointing.

"It forms an impenetrable culture" lurk more. "It devolves into ERP" so what?

I'm totally unconvinced that 4chan shouldn't just be a chatroom with pictures. We've got thread autoupdaters built into the website now. We've basically become an AJAX chatroom at this point that occasionally flushes itself.
>>
>>367554
Holy shit your entire post screams reddit that it doesn't even deserve a proper reply

Please either fucking stop posting and lurk moar for more years or fuck back off to reddit
>>
>>367559
I'm not intimately familiar enough with reddit to make the distinction. I'll take your word for it as you appear to be the expert.
>>
>>367500
The threads in a board should be open to all in it without necessarily being part of an insular little group.

One can make the same argument about how /a/ likes to wall itself off from 4chan, but it's very easy to post in /a/ even if you don't know jack shit about it as long as you're watching a show. Some generals devolve into unwelcoming and utter shitfests.

>"It devolves into ERP" so what?
A lot of people don't want to see it. Yes, they could just not read it, but you could also do it somewhere else.
>>
>>367591
>The threads in a board should be open to all in it without necessarily being part of an insular little group.

Please rethink this line for a second. You don't really mean that. You REALLY don't mean that. Every board forms its own insular culture against the rest of 4chan. Every board topic forms an insular culture against the rest of the board. People hate cross contamination (like Jojo fans posting in other topics, or Touhou fans posting in anything ever) so we make "containment boards" for topics all the time. We tell people to lurk more, and we call people newfags. You're being ridiculous.

Also, you have clearly never posted in a general before if you actually think they're unwelcoming. Go on /vg/ right now, pick a post to reply to, click the little numbers next to the "No." on a post, and type a stream of consciousness. Watch the world keep spinning.

>A lot of people don't want to see it. Yes, they could just not read it, but you could also do it somewhere else.

That logic can be applied to literally every topic on the face of the earth.
>>
>>367468
Go to /vg/
ctrl + f Katawa Shoujo (/ks/)
Look at the number of the general before entering to give yoursefl the goosebumps
Enter by your own risk.
>>
>>367821
>Every board topic forms an insular culture against the rest of the board.
That's just garbage, lots of people are fans of more than one show.

>That logic can be applied to literally every topic on the face of the earth.
That's why there are separate boards on 4chan and not just one very large /b/; so that people can discuss things they want to without being drowned out by or faced with things they don't like.
>>
>>368085
Test
>>>/vg/124148569
>>
>>368087
Yeah, having separate board topics has nothing to do with whether or not there's a barrier of entry.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.