[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>37 hours >Barely over 3000 posts Has there ever been a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: dank news.png (38 KB, 821x422) Image search: [Google]
dank news.png
38 KB, 821x422
>37 hours
>Barely over 3000 posts
Has there ever been a new board that was as much of a failure as /news/?
>>
>>364877
text bards were always slow.
>>
>>364877
What were you expecting? I think part of the problem is that people are limited to 5 active posts and no thread has gotten past page 7 yet. This is a blessing in disguise though because it forces the /int/ guys who were banalposting earlier to use proxies to post.
>>
/pol/
>>
I'm glad it's slow. I looked at it and there's hardly any lowercase idiots or meme word spam.

I think all boards should be changed to this format, albeit with images allowed. Perhaps /news/ is a test to see how it goes before they do that, and it looks like it's succeeding so far.
>>
hiro bring back /VIP/
>>
>>364877
>the board isn't flooded with shit posts, the board must be shit!

Slower boards are better almost every time anon. I bet you think /v/ is good because its "fast"
>>
>>365020
>I think all boards should be changed to this format, albeit with images allowed
In fact that images are not allowed on that board is the reason why it isn't shit. You can't get instant responses from posting sad frog some other meme rather than have your words spark up an actual discussion. Trolls can't derail threads with images anymore and no more smug anime girls.
>>
>>364877
>/news/ is /pol/ without images

Great job, Hiroshima Nagasaki
You stupid fuck
>>
>>365057
It's only the "without images" part that is a problem tbthwy.
>>
File: ;news.png (64 KB, 698x628) Image search: [Google]
;news.png
64 KB, 698x628
>>364877
/news/ is a disaster
>>
>>365057
wow, rude...
>>
Nice /tabloid/ board, hirio
>>
>>364877
Not ever board has to move at 100 posts per minute. Slower boards are usually higher quality. Also, it probably has something to do with the only announcement of the board being a tiny entry on the blotter. If there was an actual announcement, there'd probably be more people. Hiro really seems to like that documentary though.

>>365072
Most of that looks like news to me. Not all new is or has to be srs bsns. What's the problem?
>>
>>364992
>only 5 posts allowed
>takes at least 5 days (or more) for a thread to die
>realistically regular posters can only post about once a week
No one's going to make this their home board if they can't even really post on it
>>
>>365104
>only 5 posts allowed
5 threads max. Just like on other boards.
>>
>>365123
Oh, I see.
>>
>all yellow dog journalism
>sites with 20-30 scripts
>>
>>365238
Why don't you post some more worthy news from better sites then.
>>
>>365052
Yeah /x/ is amazing lol. Nothing but tulpa and succubus summoning threads.
>>
>>364877

They fucked up when they called it a "text board" and gave it the imageboard format and only allowed OP to post an image.
There's also no link to it on /pol/ like text boards normally had. Otherwise no one knows it exists.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.