[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After weeks of complaints when will the push to get /pol/ garbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
After weeks of complaints when will the push to get /pol/ garbage off of /v/ begin?
>>
File: hornses.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hornses.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
shut thef fuck up faget
>>
>>363496
>/pol/ garbage
When you realize it's coming from 8gag/gg/ and not from /pol/.
>>
>>363531
Or maybe it's coming from neither and those are just convenient boogeymen to explain away shitposters and people with different opinions on your own boards.
>>
>>363581
I'd argue that it might have something to do with the amount of SJW shit in video games. When it seems like every article posted about a video game is "This game is sexist/racist/mean" and the other post are "This game is the most proggressive game ever" its hard not to discuss how stupid it is.
>>
>>363496

>it's da paaawl
>>
>>363581
Not saying it's "from" anywhere, but that the content is a flavor of shitposting unfitting of a video game board. It needs to fuck off.
>>
never

you got their attention with gamergate

now they're here and they're not going anywhere

just like them fuckin immigrants
>>
File: 1411496530431.png (195 KB, 727x891) Image search: [Google]
1411496530431.png
195 KB, 727x891
>>363581
Or maybe it's been proven many times over to be coming from 8gag/gg/ and you are either ignorant of that fact or trying to distract from it and obfuscate.
>>
>>363665
Why are the thumbnails on 8gag so fucking huge? Goddamn how does anyone use that site
>>
>>363608
Why? It's not like /v/ has ever had want for shitty threads about industry figures or political discussions centering around said industry.

Please tell me how joking about Jim Sterling is different than doing the same with the Doritos Pope or Kojima? They're all figures in that industry, unless you're willing to sterilize /v/ of any hint of outlying discussion or news it's not going to realistically go away.

>>363665
That's nice and all and I'm not saying you're lying, but /v/ was retarded with this kind of content before that. It doesn't need help from 8gag or /pol/ in that respect.
>>
>>363713
>Please tell me how joking about Jim Sterling is different than doing the same with the Doritos Pope or Kojima?
He isn't a figure in gaming, period. Making threads about him is no different than me making constant threads about the opinions of my shithead brother. It's irrelevant to VIDEO GAMES. If the person cannot be attached to at least one game then threads on them shouldn't be allowed.
>>
>>363806
>An immensely popular reviewer with millions of fans and regular contact with devs, publishers and other industry figures isn't a figure in said industry himself

You failed to delineate why Sterling is off limits but His Nacho Cheesiness is not. Making the argument that he or someone like TB aren't industry figures is kind of like saying Siskel and Ebert were never figures in the film industry. They might not be a large part of the front-end portion, but they're very much a part of the industry as a whole.

Furthermore you didn't actually specify a way to get rid of this kind of discussion without sweeping away anything at all related to figures in gaming or news of the current happenings in the industry.

Why pray tell should things like this be anathema when your regular Kotaku or Polygon article would or could generate the same end result of a heated argument full of shitposting?
>>
>>363831
Fair enough, but a thread discussing his personal life and/or beliefs outside of specific games is as off-topic as it gets. His content should be discussed, not what his wife thinks about diversity.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.