[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Generals on /a/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: >duplicate file >ever.jpg (90 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
>duplicate file >ever.jpg
90 KB, 500x500
Why does /a/ love Generals so much? I don't mean /a/ as a whole, but the people hanging out in Yuru Yuri, Madoka, Eva or One Piece Generals (just to name a few examples). Mods have tried several times to get rid of them but they always failed miserably.

If you like to dump pictures why not move to /c/? If you want to chat why not move to Rizon? What's the point of constantly bumping dead threads from pages 9 or 10?

I'm genuinely curious, I've been on /a/ since 2007 and I never understood the appeal of having open threads about the same anime/manga 24/7.
>>
It's a ridiculously fast board so consolidating discussion for specific shows makes it a lot more manageable.
>>
>>359563
>It's a ridiculously fast board
No it's not, it's medium at best. You can have threads that last an entire 24 hours without necrobumping

>consolidating discussion for specific shows makes it a lot more manageable.
Eternal generals aren't consolidating discussion, they are cancer
>>
The only time a show has a general is if it's currently airing or the fanbase is so shitty they have to hugbox to survive on /a/
>>
>>359530
>why not move
If you move to another board then half the posters in the general won't follow.
>>
I really wish the mods would put the hammer down on generals like they used to. Generals kill boards. They are nil of quality and breed awful posters.
>>
mods are shit big woop

they reply with le being a mod is unappreciated mrme but the site is garbage
>>
>>359563
nah, /a/ isn't nearly as some other boards
>>
>>359723
Which is just /b/, /v/, /vg/, and maybe /pol/, isn't it?
>>
This is why containment boards are a mistake. This cancer started on /v/, which spawned /vg/, now you have people thinking it's acceptable to have this chatroom shit on every board. Every board I browse now has half the catalog full of general threads.
>>
>>359530
They become hugboxes, and nobody wants to have their hugboxes taken from them, so they become defensive.
>>
File: OC.png (20 KB, 596x892) Image search: [Google]
OC.png
20 KB, 596x892
Since some graphs show a decline in the board population the bump limit could be lowered to 300
>>
>>359530
Yuri-related generals like YuYuYu or GochiUsa are babysitted by mods/troid. Try posting any NSFW content in one of these (it doesn't even have to be a picture, just a simple post like "I want to fuck X") and it will eventually get deleted. They are part of /a/'s culture now.
>>
>>359818
>so they become defensive
Didn't stop them getting purged around 2011. Would be really nice if we went back to that policy again. The board still feels the effect to this day as the word general and linking past threads in the OP is basically taboo a lot of the time.
>>
>>359530
On IRC I feel like I'm surrounded by strangers, but on /a/ I feel like I'm surrounded by people I know.
>>
>>359901
>On IRC I feel like I'm surrounded by strangers
What about the dozens of idlers that are on your same channels?
>>
>>359903
Who are these mysterious masked men? Wondering who they are causes me anxiety and since they're always there I'm soon baked.
>>
Generals are pure cancer but what can you do about it? I've been warned for reporting Yuru Yuri generals (before the third season even aired and they were nothing but image dumps) and, like some other Anon said, some of them are babysitted by mods.
At this point there's nothing we can do and I personally stopped caring about the state of the board with mods like these. Can't be helped, pal.
>>
Why does Yuyushiki have a general?
>Two and a half years old
>Season 2 never
>Only 12 episodes to discuss
>Doesn't even look that good

I could imagine shonenshit like One Piece getting a general, but it just seems so bizarre that an unpopular series has such a devoted but tiny fanbase.
>>
>>359839
The imageboard culture unfortunately died long time ago.
>>
>>360043
The Yuyushiki general only appears once a week so has 7 times the staying power of other generals.
>>
Because I come from MAL.
>>
>>359530
It's a watch thread basically a general anyways? People just want to discuss things rather than randomly post shit.
>>
>>360251
isn't*
>>
>>359593
>>It's a ridiculously fast board
>No it's not
Found the newfriend
>>
File: Capture.png (85 KB, 965x830) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
85 KB, 965x830
>>360321
Not him, but you just don't realise how average the speed /a/ is. Even /int/ is faster.
Here is a small sample of boards.
>>
>>360591
>Even /int/ is faster.

I blame /brit/.
>>
>>359593
>cancer

Fuck off.
>>
>>360625
How about you fuck off instead generalfag
>>
>>360625
But it is true. Or would you rather "toxic" was used because the word cancer triggers you?
>>
>>360591
People who use /a/ don't use other boards, so they don't understand how out of touch they are.
>>
>>360642
Toxic probably would be better, yes. Don't make light of cancer.
>>
File: eQ56MaC.gif (2 MB, 643x539) Image search: [Google]
eQ56MaC.gif
2 MB, 643x539
>>360625
>>
As a generalfag, I have to pointlessly bump this thread.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.