[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this supposed to be a joke? http://desustorage.org/a/thre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
File: .png (72 KB, 745x252) Image search: [Google]
.png
72 KB, 745x252
Is this supposed to be a joke?
http://desustorage.org/a/thread/133916866/
>>
File: laughing.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
Fell for the "le /a/ is best board cuz we're elitist!" joke, huh?
>>
I was about to flame OP for being a thread-derailing faggot but that's actually pretty unreasonable.
>>
>>359106
>blatantly shitpost
>get banned for a few hours
You got off easy desu.
>>
File: 1443486956462.png (215 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1443486956462.png
215 KB, 894x894
>>359106
C'mon dude. Why are you complaining about low quality images on an imageboard? It's the current year!
>>
>>359106
Huh. I enjoy One Punch Man. But then, I'm not an anime fanatic on a website that hates popular things.
>>
>break the rules
>get banned

What seems to be the issue senpai?
>>
What's next? Getting banned for

>mangafox
>>
>>359106
Well fucking deserved. You're either trying to be funny in which case getting a better sense of humor because the joke is played out, or you're legitimately implying that OPM is "tumblr" which makes you an elitist cunt.

I seriously don't see how you argue with it. If anything the ban should've been 7 days.
>>
>>359228
Pleaae don't post angrily, I can't take you seriously like that.
>>
>actually literally caring about where a person saved an image from

You deserved this for being a giant autismo. You do realize how big each site, 4chan reddit and tumblr, are right?

Sorry not everyone keeps "randomize filename" on in their options.
>>
>>359234
You're a moron, as expected of One meme man fans
>>
>>359234
Or he's referencing that fact that the image was lazily grabbed from fucking tumblr. Which it was.

That shit used to get called out all the time years ago.
>>
>>359234
Calling random jackoffs tumblr (or reddit) because you don't like it is one thing, but the OP image was literally from tumblr.
>>
>>359244
I'll bite.

So he needs to be tar and feathered because a google image he grabbed featuring the key art for OPM happened to be from tumblr?
>>
>>359244
>>359246
>go to google
>type one punch man
>grab first image
>it happens to be from tumblr, but you never actually go to the site besides to open a permalink to the picture
>OMG OP UR FROM TUMBLR FUCK OFF!!!!

If the image is watermarked with a big fat TUMBLR or 9GAG then make a fuss. Otherwise you're being AUTISTIC.
>>
>>359252
>>359257
Yes. Because at least back in the day, if you cared enough about something to fucking talk about it you at least had high quality scans or a screenshot that you took or something from the 1 million previous threads about the subject. It's just like when people were given all kinds of shit for posting fucking mangafox images they had saved.
>>
>>359259
What does an image being from tumblr have to do with quality
>>
>>359238
It's not really about which sites an image is from, it's a matter of quality control.
>>
>>359259
>if you cared enough about something to fucking talk about it you at least had high quality scans

Has it crossed your mind that some people don't save and collect images? Sometimes they just might not have a relevant image to post with the OP either.

>oh jeez, can't make this thread because i dont have a lossless 2.9mb png of this image!!!!
>>
>>359261
Are you retarded by chance?
>>
File: 1448148324340.jpg (313 KB, 900x1224) Image search: [Google]
1448148324340.jpg
313 KB, 900x1224
>>359266
>>359259
>this is bad quality
Y O U
H A V E
A U T I S M
>>
>>359272
Great talk man, I'm glad you could coherently explain your stance to me.
>>
>>359273
No shit I have autism, I lurk /a/.
>>
>>359106

>shitpost
>get banned
>>
That is what you get for trying to be a herpity derpity anime "elitist."

They're fucking cartoons for pete's sake. Get over yourself.
>>
Anyone who thinks that ban is acceptable is letting their bias get in the way.

I don't care if you don't like what he posted, there's lots of things I don't like that I still wouldn't want to ever get banned because it sets a bad standard.

Do you really think the mods are banning everyone who makes posts like that?
Or do you think this mod just wanted to send a message that he thinks people should be able to post tumblr images and that nobody should get on their case?
I'm pretty sure it's a mods attempt to dictate culture, and he was sending a message (since the ban was so short).

Do you want mods doing shit like that? You know you can tell OP he's a faggot for posting that, if that's what you think, and still disagree with the ban at the same time right?
>>
Maybe the mod didn't notice you were responding to the filename and thought you were shitposting about the show itself
>>
>people should be allowed to post tumblr pictures
How to spot a retard. Posting something that was grabbed from tumblr is like posting something from Facebook. They both are low quality, except, Tumblr has the added bonus of retarded filters applied
>>
>>359413
Are you retarded?

some of us use google to post images, and google image search has fucktons of tumblr images, OP probably grabbed the image from google and he didn't bother to replace the filename
>>
>>359488
And that's incredibly frowned upon and fucking lazy. There is no excuse to fucking post low quality images
>>
>>359496
Well, why should I download an image if I can post it with the url?
>>
>>359502
>he doesnt save and have hundreds of thousands of images just for 4chan posting
>>
>>359502
Exactly. That's what most people do nowadays. Why junk up your phone or tablet with images you don't care about when you can post the url.
>>
>>359505
>Why junk up your phone or tablet
Mobile users should all be prevented from posting
>>
>>359106
Oh look, an /a/utistic kid is spamming buzzwords just like /v/.
>>
>>359261
Obviously every quality image on the internet has come from 4chan. They don't exist elsewhere.
>>
>>359238
The only time it is ok to call people out about tumblr filenames is when it is a gif. Because holy shit these are so low quality they ruin every fap on /gif/.
>>
The thread creator should have been banned as well, but you deserved that since you were also trying to troll. "Hurr de durr everyone who likes One Punch Man is from tumblr." I'm guessing people reported your post but not his.
>>
>>359541
Oh, and I see people are thinking the tumblr filename changes anything. It doesn't. There was no point in bringing it up because there's nothing wrong with the image itself, so it was just a "herp derp tumblr" troll to try and start a big tumblr argument.
>>
>>359542
>There was no point in bringing it up because there's nothing wrong with the image itself, so it was just a "herp derp tumblr" troll to try and start a big tumblr argument.
Are you retarded? The anon was calling out the retard for using a image posted from Tumblr, like /a/ always does
>>
>>359551
And he was rightfully banned for such a pitiful trolling attempt.
>>
>>359562
It's not trolling to call out anons for not following GR 6
>>
File: 1441497043392.jpg (8 KB, 250x218) Image search: [Google]
1441497043392.jpg
8 KB, 250x218
Always amusing to see people who have literally never been on /a/ comment on what is and what isn't acceptable on /a/.
>>
>>359261
tumblr has shit file sizes so their image quality is garbage
>>
>>359608
the irony is sickening newtrip, off topic replies and memes since you started tripping two months ago

http://desustorage.org/a/search/username/Fun%20Things%20Are%20Fun/

filtered lad
>>
>>359736
This is definitely true information you didn't pull out of your ass.
>>
>>359789
Have you ever even seen a Tumblr .gif? That shit should be illegal.
>>
>>359792
We're talking about a .jpg though.
>>
>>359106
Nice IP, /a/utist
>>
>>359736
That only really applied to GIF videos which are obsolete anyway.
>>
>>359106
>he left the IP in
>>
>>359259
Except if the OP had edited out the filename you wouldn't have complained at all, even though it's the exact same image. So you're "muh ultra high quality images" argument is bunk; you're just butthurt that someone briefly visited a site you don't like.
>>
Firstly, it's a 3 hour ban, you should see the horror stories I've seen on 8ch

Secondly, you were trying to derail a thread
>>
>>359832
May I just interject for a moment?

This argument is irrelevant, because even if you think posting an image with a tumblr filename is ok, that still doesn't justify the ban.

the ban is a mods attempt to weigh in on the issue, not an actual unbiased ban based on a strict interpretation of the rules, and that shit isn't something we should have to put up with, especially for something that we've all seen done hundreds of times on 4chan in the past without receiving any bans or warnings at all.
>>
>>359836
>trying to derail a thread
Not OP, but are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>359792
Yes and even then you just yell at them for saving and posting choppy shit, not because a part that missuses the site disagrees with your underaged also worldview.
>>
>/a/ mods still do nothing about RWBY threads

What a bunch of useless sacks of shit.
>>
>get banned for making a worthless post that contributes nothing to the thread or the board.
>>
Deal with it, autist.
>>
>>359840
>threads topic is about OPM
>random autistic anon starts trying draw attention to something unrelated and not even on board topic

That's literally attemped derailing.
>>
>>359902
>random autistic anon starts trying draw attention to something unrelated and not even on board topic

>Tumblr literally in the OP filename
>this is a imageboard

Hell, he was using the quote function more accuratly than you and me
>>
>>359905
>Tumblr literally in the OP filename

So what? It wasn't a filename thread, why does the filename even matter?

>>this is a imageboard
>an image was posted
>autist complains about where the image was downloaded from

What the fuck is wrong with you that you need to be so elitist about where you saved your picture from. You do realize there are plenty of pictures that literally originated on tumblr and are posted on here DAILY. The only way you could even tell is if the original filename is left intact.

4chan, imgur, and tumblr are all huge sites with a huge image sharing population. You're actually retarded if you think some crossposting isn't going to happen.
>>
>>359909
Hey, you said that his post was unrelated. Im simply telling you that was wrong. I really don't give a shit about the linguistics, I'm just stating the fact that his post was in fact related to the OP at hand.
>>
>>359933
>Hey, you said that his post was unrelated.

It is unrelated. Both to the thread it was posted on and the board.

Not to mention it blatantly broke rule 6.
>>
The ban was for a day, not three hours. Look at the post times in the archive.
>>
>>359281
It's no longer lurking if you post.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.