[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How elitist is /m/ compared to /a/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: I_came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
I_came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
How elitist is /m/ compared to /a/?
>>
Not very, they're much more into being autistic fanboys.
>>
File: 1449281717029.jpg (36 KB, 330x370) Image search: [Google]
1449281717029.jpg
36 KB, 330x370
>>358876
Look who's upset.

It's the better anime board. Always has been, even at discussing genres for /a/.
>>
When I was working on a screenplay and needed referenced material they helped me every step of the way with recs. /a/ wouldn't erupted in autism at the mere thought of me not knowing as much about anime as they do.
>>
>>358906
As long as it has SRW autists and KRfags, it's /mlp/ tier.

Admittedly this doesn't make them elitist, just awful.
>>
>>358906
>its the better anime board

Yeah, because I love thinking about how a giant fucking robot cutting shit up with a huge sword is a political message and a personal statement about the animator.

Fuck off, /m/
>>
>>358906
I actually do think it's the better board that doesn't mean it is flawless. It's still retarded just in a different way
>>
>>358929
You're basically just letting us know that you're a dumb philistine more than anything.
>>
File: 1445360046042.jpg (64 KB, 1000x551) Image search: [Google]
1445360046042.jpg
64 KB, 1000x551
>>358940
>U UNCULTURED SWINE!1!!!!11!
No, I just don't want politics or other pretentious shit in my giant robot anime. I came to watch steel giants clash in space, not discuss the authenticity of the holocaust. You don't see debates on communism in K-On threads.

Just fuck off to your board you fedora
>>
>>358966
Never said you were wrong for not liking that stuff, but feeling negative about someone who does makes you a dumb philistine.
>>
>>358975
Whatever, senpai.
Enjoy turning discussion of the best anime genre into fedoracore circlejerking.
>>
>>358980
Enjoy surface level retardation due to nothing more than your inability to comprehend anything beyond that.
>>
>>358982
Wow, kid.
If you think that being smart = being pretentious is the same thing then you belong on r/atheism with all your other /m/fags
>>
>>359009
Why are you still replying? Don't you have moeshit reaction images to be spamming across 4chan?
>>
>>359011
>>359009
You're both embarrassing yourselves at this point. Just drop it
>>
>>359011
>claims /m/ is so smart
>has to use moeshit as a scapegoat
>>
>>358966
>this entire post
Retards with a short temper are an endless source of entertainment.
>>
>>359024
moeshit confirmed
>>
>>358868
The thing with /m/ is that it doesn't have to be elitist. It can be welcoming to newcomers. It's a much smaller board and it gets a lot less newcomers. And most newcomers are people who have already been watching anime for some time and decided to get into this specific anime genre.

You can't really compare /m/'s situation to /a/'s. It's unfair. Most people who start watching anime start by watching a meme show of the season, e.g. Kill la Kill, OPM, Umaru, etc. and these people come directly to /a/. How many people who start watching anime in 2015 start by watching mecha? I honestly doubt there is a single person in the world who has had, for example, G-Reco or Fafner as their first anime. And when people ask for recommendations, they get that huge ass Gundam chart and probably in many cases get scared off mecha entirely since it seems as too much effort.

And besides, /m/ has its own ways of (unintentionally) repelling newcomers. If the average mecha newbie comes to /m/ and excitedly talks about how great AZ or IBO is, he'd probably get shitposted to oblivion and told to fuck off back to /a/.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.