[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
report multiple posts simultaneously when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
So is it now impossible to report multiple posts simultaneously? before we could just check off the boxes next to the posters name, but now we have to report each one individually, which is kind of a pain and in all honesty it just makes me not want to report shit at all when they're dumping shit in threads or other stuff.

will this ever be fixed?
>>
There is also maximum report per day which is 10 or something like that.
>>
>>358529
I can see why there should be a report limit, but users who are submitting actual reports should be allowed to report more. Hell, you'll see way more than 10 rule breaking posts if you browse /v/ for more than an hour.
>>
>>358527
If you have reported anyone in your entire 4chan career you need to go back to reddit
>>
>>358534
so when someone tries to derail a thread with furry shit you should just leave it? stop trying so hard to fit in or go back to /b/.
>>
>>358535
Even if the shit pisses me off i don't do it, it's for butthurt fags.
>>
>>358527
>So is it now impossible to report multiple posts simultaneously?
It was never possible

>>358534
Dumb brony.
>>
>>358537
Hate bronies and mlp who haven't be relevant for 3 years now.
>>
File: 1448129585796.jpg (276 KB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448129585796.jpg
276 KB, 1280x1080
>>358537
>It was never possible
>>
File: 1444411035824.png (204 KB, 392x441) Image search: [Google]
1444411035824.png
204 KB, 392x441
>>358544
well fuck me, what are the checkboxes even for then?
>>
>>358545
Without 4chan x, the only way to delete your own posts is to click your post's checkbox and then 'delete'

I don't know why every post has checkboxes, maybe it was for an archaic function, now outdated
>>
>>358545
For post deletion, but since you're not allowed to delete posts that are newer than 60 seconds or older than 65 seconds, they're pretty much pointless.
>>
>>358550

They're still used for reporting posts or deleting them. On vanilla 4chan you still check the boxes and scroll down to the report button. Not everybody uses the extension.
>>
>>358550
>>358545
>>358544
>>358541
The checkboxes are a part of the legacy futallaby design. When you browse the index or a thread, you're actually browsing one big html form. By checking a single box, and hitting either delete or report at the bottom, you're essentially submitting the entire thread/index as a form with that specific post and action selected. You've never been able to report multiple posts.
>>
most people can't report 1 post at a time correctly. i doubt they'll ever let us report multiple.
>>
>>358592
Fuckwits would take every thread they didn't like and report all the posts in them, no thanks.
>>
>>358527
The only time I have ever seen reporting taken seriously by mods is on /a/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.