[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The case for /asp/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1440807977159.jpg (20 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1440807977159.jpg
20 KB, 500x281
I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm not an /asp/ie nor do I watch wrestling but I have been to the board a few times in the past and I've been now. I think it's important to speak about the issue going on here.

/asp/ was a smaller board, it has some big generals (one of which used to be /wwe/) and a lot of interesting niche communities and conversations.

Wrestling is a very large and very vocal fanbase so much so that they were able to annoy one of the largest boards /sp/ by moving them from /sp/ to /asp/ you've not only killed a lot of the more niche communities and conversation on the board but you've also given wrestling it's own pseudo board, I mean go look at the catalog yourself it's at minimum 50% wrestling. The worst part is that /asp/ is too small of a community to effectively speak up for itself and essentially you've ruined a whole board just to appease /sp/ because they're louder.

It isn't fair to /asp/ and I'm relatively sure wrestle fags don't care where they go as long as they have somewhere to post. If you have any counter points or anything I've said is incorrect (it may be, like I said I'm hardly an expert) then please let me know, but if not I implore you to help /asp/ by voicing your support to get wrestlefags removed to their own board, wrestlefags please don't trample over a smaller board just because you can, you should also be vocal about wanting your own board and finally /asp/ies don't take this lying down, don't think we can't salvage your board.
>>
>>357638

We never wanted to be on /asp/. We had been on /sp/ since the beginning and we even agreed to play nice and confine ourselves to one general after they became the only acceptable threads on the board. But that wasn't good enough for a vocal minority of whiny autists and Hiro let them have their way because he knew nothing about the situation and they sperged out the loudest in his sticky. Now we can never go back because we'll just be shitposted to oblivion.

We asked Hiro to give us our own board, he told us we had to stay on /asp/ because we weren't big enough but that we could post to our hearts' desires. So that's what we're doing.

I would be more then happy to post in our own board if we had one but until then, we're just gonna have to shit up /asp/ until Hiro recognizes that there's a big enough demand.
>>
>>357638
Yeah /asp/ and /wwe/ needs to be separated. I think /wwe/ needs its own board since they can't really assimilate into any other board really well.
>>
I don't understand why multiple threads on a TV drama is allowed on a sports board
t. /esg/
>>
To be honest /sp/ should be changed to sports entertainment, and wrestling should be sent back there to the "bantz" brofags and /asp/ should be changed to alternative sports and athletics or competions or something like that and be about all the stuff it used to, and all the sports posted on /sp/, but strictly from the perspective of actually playing the sport. :^)
>>
I went on /asp/ once to find some ufc stream links, and went back after the rule change and jesus christ did that board get fucked over. Maybe try making your usual /asp/ threads on /sp/ and see how that goes.
>>
>>358924
yeah /asp/ has always been about playing the sport rather than spectating. to have wrestling there makes no sense. i guess /sp/ really didn't want them there either though so hiro thought /asp/ was the best place but he was wrong.
>>
>>358755
>I think /wwe/ needs its own board
Maybe a wrestling board would be but they were literally just one general before, an entire board seems like it'd be pretty dead
>>
>>357638
/sp/ acted like WWE fans were shitting up the whole board but they were actually just confined to one general, they just got triggered whenever they saw it and wanted it banned for no reason.
>>
File: 1428192693582.gif (842 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1428192693582.gif
842 KB, 512x384
I post in /asp/ on /asg/ and we just started a new thread because it got pushed to page 10 with under 100 posts and that supposedly auto-sage was already in effect

>mfw going to the catalog and it's all /wwe/ and barely any ALTERNATIVE SPORTS
how is this fair to other generals?
>>
File: asp.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
asp.webm
2 MB, 800x450
>>359111
I do think it'll calm down soon but it's people like you I feel for. I don't visit /asp/ but this has pretty drastically changed the board for the regulars

Arguably though wrestling has always belonged there but I'm not sure why Hiro OK'd Divas thread and such since they aren't a sport and fit better in other boards like /s/
>>
>>359101
Man, that reminds me of /v/ and /co/ in regards to certain subjects.
>>
>>357638
The tricky thing is that i don't think /wwe/ is large enough for its own board. they only took up one general on /sp/. they are completely ruining /asp/ though. i supposed they could be moved to /tv/ but I'm sure /tv/ would throw a fit about that. Im not really sure what to do about this situation maybe moving them back to /sp/ is the best choice since they weren't bothering anyone.
>>
>>357638
They need to raise the bump limit and force the wrestling fans to stay in their generals. the bump limit is too low for the /wwe/ general so they keep making new threads.
>>
>>359708
you can't force them to stay in 1 general when the board has wrestling in the title
>>
>>359716
yeah thats the problem
>>
>>359716
Wrestling wasn't added to the title until about a week ago and it was a mistake honestly.
>>
>>357638
Move "pro" wrestling to /sp/
keep real wrestling on /asp/
>>
There are currently 89 wrestling threads on /asp/. You're going to have to learn to deal with it
>>
File: fightan.webm (2 MB, 470x264) Image search: [Google]
fightan.webm
2 MB, 470x264
>>359784
Thought you were bullshitting so had a look
From what I see you're probably right, bloody hell

The thing is a lot of the threads only have a few replies and the board is pretty dead so they just stay there for no real reason. I know /asp/ is a slow board but I find it surprising there's not more of an outcry. I feel bad for them but I've not seen many /asp/ users talk about it
>>
The real issue is that no one wants mandrama faggots on their board and /asp/ doesn't have enough traffic to tell them to fuck off
>>
File: asp.jpg (4 MB, 1800x5063) Image search: [Google]
asp.jpg
4 MB, 1800x5063
reminder
>>
>>359055
They are filling /asp/ up really well, to the point where actual /asp/ threads are getting drowned in wrestling threads. From the looks of things, a wrestling board would at the least be faster than what /asp/ used to be and many of the more obscure boards e.g /i/.
>>
>>360788
They're filling it up but look at the thread themselves. So many have sub 10 replies and have been up for days. /asp/ seemed like a slow comfy board before and now it's just full of crap
>>
>>359921
Damn i had no idea it was that bad
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.