[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just so you know, making or splitting new boards does not make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6
File: 1Yv7cSQ.jpg (11 KB, 300x204) Image search: [Google]
1Yv7cSQ.jpg
11 KB, 300x204
Just so you know, making or splitting new boards does not make it a subreddit. Get that notion out of your asses already. We want new boards to expand our community, not so some butthurt people can complain about "oh no you're going to turn this place into Reddit!"
>>
>>357429
>We want new boards to expand our community
Spoken like a true redditor. I dont want the community to be expanded, there is enough shitposting that comes from tumblr, underage facebook kids and reddit scums like you.
>>
>>357443
Friendly reminder this "I'll call everything reddit :^)" faggot has been shitposting for hours now.
>>
>>357429
Who the fuck cares about "expanding our community."
>>
>>357429
All the losers and hugboxers here hate the idea of new boards because people might get the chance to get away from them. That means less attention and less importance for their hugbox.
>>
>>357429
fuck off reddit
>>
File: 1442635837199.png (33 KB, 883x447) Image search: [Google]
1442635837199.png
33 KB, 883x447
>>357429
>1Yv7cSQ.jpg
Nice reddit filename.
>>
>>357429
4chan doesn't need to expand, it needs to fucking decrease
>>
>>357455
That's hilarious because all splitting boards will do is cause further hugboxxing
>>
>>357574
Niche boards aren't necessarily hugboxes. It's only when you "board culture" dullards glom onto it and try to turn it into your own personal fiefdom that it gets bad.
Bring on the new boards so people can get a break from the tiresome arbiters of culture.
>>
The old 4chan is dead. Long live the new 4chan.

In other words, fuck off oldfags, moot is never gonna come back. I was sick of his faggotry anyway.
>>
>>357578
Seriously this. i've been hear since 2007 but its time for a change. We need new boards and Hiro has actually said he wants new boards. So far we have gotten /aco/ and /his/ and some major changes to /sp/ and /a/
>>
>>357578
>Niche boards aren't necessarily hugboxes
They are. They are even more so when they are quite niche and don't have that big of a userbase and even more when they are from a board split. The website doesn't need any more splits. Splits don't fix problems anyway, it only makes them worse
>>
>>357610
In the past, 4chan had a small userbase, and it wasn't a hugbox.

What niche boards do you actually visit, anyway?

I insist it's you 3-4 year 4channers who have misguided ideas on how the site should be.
>>
>>357610
Who cares about your stupid hugbox? Do you prefer total anarchy like /v/? Is that what you fucking want?!
>>
>>357630
>total anarchy
/v/ is the board with the most moderation because of all the shit, it's just too big to not get shitposted at least some. That's why there's been so many people asking for a split.
>>
Dividing boards into neat little groups would just end up in people circle jerking all the time.
It's so fucking boring. Just look at reddit's comment section
>>
You know, reddit's most cancerous shit came from the mass culture of the largest boards. Things like "the narwhal bacons at midnight" was born there.

Is that what you are? A mass-culture shitter? "No, don't take away the populist opinion, i need it to bolster my beliefs!"
Fuck mass culture and fuck the populism.
>>
>>357618
>In the past, 4chan had a small userbase, and it wasn't a hugbox.
That's because the environment was much different and the users acted a lot different. For starters, the users were a lot more chaotic and anarchic

>>357630
Yes. If the only options is total anarchy with board topic still being there and a special little snowflake circlejerk niche board were people wank each other, I'm naturally going to pick the former. If I fucking wanted the latter, I'd use fucking reddit or some slow chan

More boards and board splitting isn't going to improve anything, it'll just make the place more of a circlejerking hugbox. I also have no interest in fucking browsing 5 different boards just so I can discuss anime and manga, when there is legitimately nothing wrong with the way /a/ works, except the generals
>>
>>357643
That's because reddits system encourages groupthink. 4chan is the exact opposite, as with fast boards you're less likely to find people who actually agree with you and are more likely to get shit on
>>
>>357650
>reddits system encourages groupthink. 4chan is the exact opposite

lol, fucking get real. There's tons of groupthink here. You're new to the place and still buying into the cultural identity. If you don't see the groupthink, you probably just haven't disagreed.
>>
>>357671
Of course there is fucking groupthink, there always will be regardless of what the site is, but the system here doesn't fucking encourage it and actually require you to follow it to use the fucking website
>>
>>357578
And wanting "your own personal fiefdom" where you don't have to interact with people who like things you don't like isn't hugboxing?
>>
>m-muh hugbox
Yes because turning every board into a smaller /b/ is much better

You faggots complain about every good board idea yet you have 20 boards for your stupid fetishes
>>
>>357695
No. It's not. It's just an interest.

You seem to have rather an erection over mass culture. Why do you want the boards to groan under the weight of populist bullshit? Why does it effect you when other boards are made?

I disagree about small boards being hugboxes. They don't move fast enough to sustain the constant needs of hugboxers. That's why you're likely to find hugbox threads like SUG on a big board like /co/, and not on a small one.

That's all I'm saying. Big boards attract hugboxing and groupthink, not small ones.
>>
>>357634
>/v/ is the board with the most moderation because of all the shit
Yeah you're defiantly trolling big time. It is the worst moderated board on here. Mods leave off topic threads like e-celebs and LOL comics up for hours at a time and games about Japanaese shit get massively shitposted on and everyone in the thread is called a pedophile. There is a reason people called /v/ /v/eddit now
>>
>>357706
I don't think you understand what a hugbox is.
Being able to say "Go back to >>>/board/" in a very related topic is hugboxing. Forcing topics to be isolated is hugboxing, because the people interested in those topics literally cannot interact with other topics in the context of their own topic. Making tightly focused boards is essentially making generals that take up 150 threads at once.
"All the losers and hugboxers here hate the idea of new boards because people might get the chance to get away from them." as that one anon (Possibly you?) said. "The chance to get away from them". Getting away from da big bad bullies is the biggest cause for hugboxing. "Look at us!", the hugboxer says, "We don't have to deal with *those* people at all! And if they come around, we can scream at them to leave and still be following the rules!"
>>
>>357706
And you seem to have a erection for circlejerking. The more you limit a boards topic, the worse it becomes. The perfect example of what you're going to get with your board splits, is the eternal generals. Have you ever looked in them? It's circlejerking, that's it. There is very rarely discussion on the topic and when there is, its the same people, the questions, the same answers, the same shitpost. You are asking this on a board size scale. You are just asking for more /vg/'s, except, the board topic doesn't have generals in its title.

What you are looking for is a average forum environment, something 4chan is not and something it should not become

>They don't move fast enough to sustain the constant needs of hugboxers
You can't seriously believe this? The slower the board is, the more likely it is to have people who agree with each other. On slow boards, you normally don't reply to people you actually disagree with or like, you just ignore them. Eventually, those people with thoughts different to the majority groupthink leave, because they NEVER get replies and they don't agree with anyone there. Fast boards are meant to prevent this sort of shit and it has only occurred recently, because generalculture is growing because of retards and the mods are too lazy to ban it like they are supposed to be
>>
>>357706
A small board is a hugbox. Also, a waste of bandwidth for the site.
But that's not the point. I don't think /cg/ actually has enough interest to drive an entire board. Quests are what? 10-15 threads at any given time, including ones that are completely dead and simply haven't fallen off the board yet. Risk is, at best, a dozen threads spread out among a dozen boards. Cyoas might number half a dozen on average. Adding in all the "round table" freeform things gives us a negligible number because those aren't consistently around on any board, but sometimes it can go up to one or two total. So we have, at best, around 35 active threads. Probably less Risk as they consolidate and more CYOAs as they spread out.
So what about the other 115 threads that a board needs to exist? If they fill up with a rush from /b/, the more normal (In the sense that they are regular players) players will be completely flooded out. If they aren't filled in, then all you've done is created a small ghetto of wasted bandwidth and given some very smug whiners on /tg/ exactly what they wanted. I'm not afraid to say that I'm vindictive and hope that those screaming children never get what they want.
>>
>>357706
>Why does it effect you when other boards are made?
maybe because on 4chan what happens on one board can easily have an effect on the others?
>>
>>357733
And every other proposed split I've seen have similar arguments against them, minus my own personal dislike for the people crying for it.
>>
>>357733
>>357740
I keep accidentally leaving stuff out of my posts, but this is just supposed to be an example, before someone starts claiming that I'm moving goalposts or going off-topic.
>>
>>357735
Seems like a moral panic. "Oh noes, it will be just like reddit!"
People have been crying that for years, yet somehow it never materializes.

At this point you guys will never admit that adding another board is a good idea, because now you're feeling threatened and defensive at the possibility it will be like Reddit. You're going to play up what an oldfag you are and play cultural arbiter because you really, really buy into the 4chan identity.

Well that's actually newfag shit. Oldfags aren't threatened by reddit and are well aware that everything bad on reddit happens here, too. I'm not afraid of creating new boards for niche topics because I don't need the site to conform to some sense of identity and tell me I'm special and different from reddit.
Just let go of the vanity and stop playing "4chan cultural arbiter".
>>
>>357751
It hasn't been a good idea yet.
/aco/ gutted several other boards that have yet to recover, and /his/ is full of inaccuracies, elitism, and /pol/.
Also, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Don't play cultural arbiter and then tell others not to.
>>
File: Laughing 8-Bit Lesbian Bitch.gif (18 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
Laughing 8-Bit Lesbian Bitch.gif
18 KB, 340x340
>>357751
Can you get any more pathetic? Anons clearly made incredibly valid points above why you are wrong and realizing you can't refute them, you did the same thing as the people you are complaining about and played the reddit and new/oldfag card
>>
>>357758
Oh, and /trash/ is just red /mlp/. Somehow, red /mlp/ has become the least controversial new board, almost certainly because it's not actually a split and holds content that was previously not allowed anywhere at all.
>>
I have yet to see a new board proposal that isn't an attempt at hugboxing. "I don't want to see this content and want it removed". Or "This content is special and deserves to be removed from this other content that I don't want to see."
>>
>>357760
If small boards are such hugboxes, then why does the most hugboxing happen on huge boards like /b/, /vg/, and /co/?

Fact is I doubt any of you actually go on small boards. And I doubt you've been here more than 4 years.
>>
>>357769
You have some proof of that, champ?
>>
>>357770
I'm familiar enough with Oldfags and people who are just acting like they are oldfags.
>>
>>357769
This has already been stated fucktard, its because of generalculture. The very same thing you are trying to encourage
>>
>>357774
So no, you don't have any proof that big boards are more circlejerky than tiny boards which are functionally just giant general threads.
>>
>>357774
>i know what im talking about because i hurr know oldfags and im a oldfag so i know how to tell whos pretending to be a oldfag

What a newfag thing to do. Last I recall, actual oldfags don't bring up the fact they are, nor do they care. One of the biggest reasons they don't care, is because most of them still see themselves as newfags, because how long you have been here doesn't determine whether you are a newfag or not
>>
>>357774
trying to derail the conversation isn't going to change the fact you are wrong anon
>>
>>357777
I'm not trying to encourage generals. Just new boards.

Nobody ever did seem to answer - why do hugboxes emerge on large boards, and not small ones?
The answer should be obvious - it's all the attention you can get on a large board.

Why does it bother you that people want to get away from those circlejerks?
Are you really that terrified of being compared to reddit that you'll endorse the status quo, just because it's "4chan"?
What harm does, say, /lgbt/ do to 4chan? I bet you dullards bitched about that, too.
>>
>>357798
>Hugboxes
>Attention
There's the final nail in the coffin for your argument. Hugboxes don't want attention. They want to be in their own little world where they only have to see what they want to see and interact with people they want to interact with. General threads can easily become hugboxes when the userbase stagnates and nothing outside of the general interacts with it.
Also, you haven't given any proof about large boards (With more interaction and a wider topic base) encouraging a culture of isolation and narrow topics. Because that's what a hugbox is. It's an area of narrow topic with little interaction outside of a core userbase.
>>
>>357798
Are you so mentally retarded that you are incapable of reading comprehension? I'm almost positive I'm being baited at this point

Large boards are anything but hugboxes. Because of the large traffic, you are more likely to get people who disagree with you then those who agree with you. The only hugboxes are the generals, the very thing small boards are. The less topics a board has to discuss, the more generals it will and the more the users will circlejerk and have a hugbox environment Slow boards are the same, which is why they are considering comfy, because there is very little conflict because most of the users are on the same wavelength

>What harm does, say, /lgbt/ do to 4chan? I bet you dullards bitched about that, too.
That's a containment board. If anything it should be deleted, its a waste of fucking traffic

The simple fact is, we don't need any new boards. If we are to make a new ones, it needs to actually be needed, it needs to have a broad topic so that it can cover atleast 100 different threads that aren't general #15865 and it needs to be capable of lasting a few years. Shit like /mlp/ is a bad idea and its only still functioning because the fanbase is fucking autistic as hell
>>
>>357618

Pretty much what this guy said. People who hate the idea of new boards added and claiming it's "reddit" are fucking retards and probably new, Boards have been added for years even under moot. What do you think these sites are about? Discussion. That's why there's boards for different topics. You're on a fucking imageBOARD.

>but it'll fragment the community!
No, it won't. That's retarded.

>but it'll make more shitposting!
No, it'll provide more boards thinning the overall post count and slow shit down. Slower boards tend to have less shitposting. Know what else stops shitposting? Not replying to it, newfags. Report and move on.

>but 4chan isn't about more boards!
It's what every imageboard and textboard is about. Boards for different types of discussion. So, adding boards based on demand is pretty much the point of imageboards.

>but muh board culture
Kill yourself, newfag. That isn't a thing.
>>
>>357804
A hugbox would not work without users. Hugboxes, like say the furfags on /b/, are very exclusive but also maintain high visibility by a constant presence and continuous bumping.
Maybe your idea of a hugbox is different than mine. But it stands to reason that a social group with very rigid criteria to take part is one that will alienate a lot of people through its exclusivity.
So, many of 4chan's hugboxes maintain high visibility to constantly recruit new users. This is why they thrive on populous boards.

I really gotta wonder though - why do you even care about new niche boards being made. You're not going to visit them, so what does it matter to you?
You think they're going to change the entire site - well all the biggest annoyances and wider Internet fads took root on the biggest boards. Pepe, for instance - /r9k/ and /b/.
Did you complain about the introduction of /lgbt/? Why? Has it ever affected you?
>>
>>357811
>No, it won't. That's retarded.
Objectively untrue. We have proof in the form of /d/ and /aco/
>No, it'll provide more boards thinning the overall post count and slow shit down.
True only in that splits gut the boards they were split from. Wrong everywhere else. /his/ is a den of fast shitposting, and the boards it was split from (/pol/, /tg/, /k/) haven't slowed down or even stopped talking about history.
>It's what every imageboard and textboard is about.
More boards = more moving away from people who disagree with you = less discussion, more circlejerks
>>
>>357815
>But it stands to reason that a social group with very rigid criteria to take part is one that will alienate a lot of people through its exclusivity.
That is literally what a hugbox is. An enclosed area of exclusive users who do not argue at all (Except with perceived outsiders), and therefore have a lot of metaphorical hugging going on. A hug box, if you will.
I don't want a bunch of niche boards because I think it will not improve a damn thing, and in many cases will just make things worse. We already have a lot of standoffish elitism around here. We don't need more.
>>
>>357819
>More boards = more moving away from people who disagree with you = less discussion, more circlejerks

Bullshit, it's more options, so you don't have to be stuck in a hugbox.

All of your angst is pure terror that someone will call you a redditor.
>>
>>357830
>Bullshit, it's more options, so you don't have to be stuck in a hugbox.
So you don't see the contradiction here? Being able to run away from everyone you disagree with is literally how hugboxes happen. They don't happen when everyone is forced to interact with everyone else with the same interest.
>>
>>357815
>I really gotta wonder though - why do you even care about new niche boards being made. You're not going to visit them, so what does it matter to you?

Because pretty much every single one suggested simply isn't poplar enough to be worth the bandwidth or require a split from a currently already functioning board because a few autist who want to circlejerk don't like x and want to hide from them. I have no fucking interest in having my home split into a dozen different ones because a few anons want to be comfy and wank their own fucking opinions

Boards on the site also have a affect on the others, simply because anons browse more than one normally and bring the culture of one to the other. So, it does affect me when you make a board that gives birth to an entire new culture of shitposting and they spread it everywhere
>>
>>357829
The standoffish elitism here is coming from you.
You literally don't have to visit any new board that is created. You are only worried because of your vanity about what 4chan "should" be like.

I mean people said this kind of shit when /pol/ was created. Now it is a fixture of the site.
>>
>>357819

>Objectively untrue. We have proof in the form of /d/ and /aco/

Because mods have said /d/ is for eastern stuff and /aco/ is for western stuff. The only complaints I've seen are that /d/ is too slow now without the infusion of western art. So what? Nobody gives a shit, 4chan isn't a chatroom. Had you been here years ago it'd be just as fucking dead and slow. Only recently was it very vast. Deal with it. The community wasn't fragmented, there's just now a board for western porn art. Not that this whole porn politics shit isn't getting old.

>True only in that splits gut the boards they were split from. Wrong everywhere else. /his/ is a den of fast shitposting, and the boards it was split from (/pol/, /tg/, /k/) haven't slowed down or even stopped talking about history.

There's a lot less of those discussions on those boards. Especially /tg/ since I actually go there. Now the only time history comes up is in terms of making a setting accurately.

>More boards = more moving away from people who disagree with you = less discussion, more circlejerks

No, more boards does not mean moving away from people who disagree. Take a look at /his/ for instance. Is it a pristine world where everybody gets along or agrees on the same thing? No. And it doesn't promote less discussion, it promotes more discussion about a particular thing. In the case of /his/, it's history and the humanities. And nobody is circlejerking on those boards. Circlejerking on 4chan isn't even really big except in IRC. People who want to circlejerk do so on venues where it's useful to do so. 4chan isn't, not even if you're a tripfag. If you wanna circlejerk, you go to IRC or another site. The "circlejerk" tripfags do here is almost exclusively to piss newfags off who cry the minute the name field doesn't say "anonymous".
>>
>>357834
>I have no fucking interest in having my home split into a dozen different ones because a few anons want to be comfy and wank their own fucking opinions

Literally angst about "what if people want nothing to do with me?"

If your board isn't complete shit it won't die.
>>
>>357837
And what if I'm interested in something that gets moved? Then I do have to visit it and see retards like you who are either circlejerking about getting away from the original board or circlejerking about how they got that thing they don't like off of "their" board. And for certain proposals, I also would have to deal with the new board smell that attracts the worst shitposters.
>>
>>357837
>You are only worried because of your vanity about what 4chan "should" be like.
And your trying to force change onto something that has no problems, because you want to be able to hide

>>357843
>IM LITERALLY A FUCKING FAGGOT WHO DOESNT WANT TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE I DONT LIKE SO I SHOULD GET MY OWN BOARD JUST TO CATER MY NEEDS SO I CAN HIDE AWAY FROM PEOPLE I DONT LIKE AND WANK MYSELF AND MY OPINION
This is what you sound like. A special snowflake baby who doesn't like being around people he doesn't like and wants to hide from them so he can wank himself
>>
>>357837
Are you really already ascribing to the board culture of boards that don't even exist and then believing in your own strawman about someone thinking old boards are better than new boards because they're old? Because I can't think of any other explanation for your attitude.
>>
>>357844
You are upset because your board identity is changing and you were invested in that board identity. You are literally upset that other users might be different to you.

Why should the site just cater to you?

That said, if this is just about /aco/d/ then disregard my arguments. That's been mismanaged.
>>
>>357853
Good job not reading what I wrote, asshole. Board culture has nothing to do with it. I don't want to deal with the influx of shitposting that comes with new boards. I don't want to deal with the influx of shitposting that comes with giving crying babies what they want. I don't particularly want to go on two mediocre boards that used to be one good one.
Why should the site just cater to you is a pertinent question. Why do you deserve your own special board?
>>
>>357847
>This is what you sound like. A special snowflake baby who doesn't like being around people he doesn't like and wants to hide from them so he can wank himself

Dude you are arguing against the creation of new boards you will never visit because it might, tangentially, affect your current board culture in some unprovable way and that makes you super uncomfortable.

You are literally asking to be protected and pandered to because your "board culture" is like, super important.
>>
>>357855
>I don't want to deal

Short version
>>
>>357858
>Unprovable way
A relatively large chunk of the board moving away is very provable.
Nice projection otherwise, faggot.
>>
>>357843
>Literally angst about "what if people want nothing to do with me?"
Anon, there is a clear difference between the two sides here. Anons like me wants us to stay together and to continue to fling shit at each other, because that's actually healthy and quite regularly creates interesting discussion. You want to separate us, you want to hide in your own little board and then proceed to circlejerk, wank your opinion and talk about with the other anons like you about how you managed to hide and get away from people, someone with a different viewpoint

Atleast anons trying to keep us together are actually rational thinking about ways to improve the site overall, while you are greedily thinking of yourself
>>
>>357860
Cuts both ways.
>>
>>357855
>Why should the site just cater to you is a pertinent question. Why do you deserve your own special board?

It doesn't. I don't want any special board. But I also don't try to stop boards from being created because it would make my board less special, in some nebulous way. That is the protectionist faggot shit going on here - you.
>>
>>357868
Good strawman, I'm sure it keeps the crows away all year round.
Now, back to the actual topic at hand, I think having two lesser boards is objectively worse than one complete board. None of the proposals currently on the table have the weight of the old splits behind them. They're just some people trying to create ghettos for stuff they don't like or stuff they think is special enough to deserve its own board.
I'm not opposed to new boards when they're warranted. I am opposed to creating new boards willy nilly just because people don't want to see perfectly on-topic material that they personally don't like.
>>
>>357863
>anons trying to keep us together

Dude how terrified are you? If people visit another board, it doesn't mean they have to stop visiting your board.
You sound genuinely upset that your special little social club will be disrupted and you will no longer be queen of summertime.
Fuck your social club - if people don't want to hugbox it out with you, then who are you to say they shouldn't be allowed to go elsewhere?
>>
>>357863

>Anon, there is a clear difference between the two sides here. Anons like me wants us to stay together and to continue to fling shit at each other, because that's actually healthy and quite regularly creates interesting discussion.

"Stay together"? You're not family. You're not friends. You're random strangers discussing shared interests. It'd be like crying that there's any topical board at all and not one because it splits up the community. We should all just go back to one board and talk about everything all together. And why not? Are you trying to say you want to split up the community, anon?

Secondly, not all shit flinging is "healthy" or creates interesting discussion. Sometimes it's dumb shitposting. But, so far, I've yet to see hugbox boards created or even asked for. Just broad boards that cover a wide variety of content and could easily sustain their own board, nothing that'd immediately promote circlejerking.

>You want to separate us, you want to hide in your own little board and then proceed to circlejerk, wank your opinion and talk about with the other anons like you about how you managed to hide and get away from people, someone with a different viewpoint

Really? You think people just want new boards to spite you and then talk about "ha ha! we made anon mad and got away from him!". And yet the other dude is thinking greedily when you're the one taking personal offense to the idea that people want to discuss other types of content?

>Atleast anons trying to keep us together are actually rational thinking about ways to improve the site overall, while you are greedily thinking of yourself

Asking for other boards is now greedy? It's not just that they want to discuss different things that sometimes either get crammed into other boards or because there's only so much room that they get overlooked, it's that he's being fucking greedy?
>>
>>357874
>>357875
Good job missing the point, fucktards
>>
Boards that are actually new are fine. Literally nobody cares when those are made. Even /trash/ (Functionally just /fur/) doesn't have much controversy because the content on it wasn't allowed anywhere but /b/ anyway.
Boards that are just splits, however, need some serious justification beyond "I don't like thing". They also need proof of interest.
>>
>>357877
I think you're too fucking autistic to see it from another's view.
>>
>>357880
Your view is a consistent strawman.
>>
>>357880
No, I think you're too fucking autistic to see I was clearly talking about making new boards that have topics that already belong in current ones
>>
>>357877

I'm >>357875, and no cop out answers like "missing the point". Use your big boy words and answer my points.

Fuck it, you're probably a weeb faggot. So, let's use some examples of this kind of thing and why it doesn't do what you think it does. Let's talk about the fabled Japanese, young weeaboo-san.

2ch. The very textboard Hiro ran before 4chan. It's the largest forum in the world and is also anonymous. Has shittons of boards and has not yet fragmented its community or done anything to promote circlejerking.

But maybe that's not good enough, right? That's a textboard so clearly it's very, very different, right? 2chan. Good ol' Futaba Channel. The very site 4chan took its code from and was the first imageboard. That also has a shitton of boards and hasn't fragmented its community or promoted tons of circlejerking. And that site has, what, 7 /b/ boards? Something like that.

So, there. The very anonymous text and imageboards 4chan is based on and spawned from have more boards than any of the western ones and yet they aren't anywhere close to having the issues you are sitting here crying about.

So, let's think. What would make 4chan so different from these sites that 4chan, and 4chan alone, would suffer these effects when the very sites 4chan comes from and emulates have been there and done that without these side effects?
>>
>>357429
new boards don't expand the community, it separates them
>>
>>358922
This isn't 2006 anymore
>>
File: 2.gif (143 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
143 KB, 500x375
>>357429
>splitting new boards does not make it a subreddit.
>imgureddit's filename
>>
>>358954
So let me get this straight: An image board of any kind cannot have any more boards because you'll be afraid it'll turn into Reddit? Are you that naive?
>>
>>359016
It's a common shitposting tactic, calling everything "reddit".

Ignore it.
>>
Please make at least 10 more boards, Hiro. Don't listen to the fools and idiots who are afraid of change ITT.
>>
File: 1411016143281.jpg (49 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
1411016143281.jpg
49 KB, 400x366
I petition that we filter "new boards" to "Balkanization". Who's with me?
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.