[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Baiting on /v/ has become the primary reason /v/ exists. What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
Baiting on /v/ has become the primary reason /v/ exists. What's sad is that perfectly normal topics are being infiltrated by shitposters and samefags at an alarming rate.
This is a trend that's a long time in the making, but this is also something that is quickly approaching critical mass. No thread on /v/ is safe anymore from the tide of samefags. It really only takes one or two to lock down a whole thread, now. The only threads which reach autosage anymore are ones with inflammatory shitposts are the OP image.

So.

Here's my solution: Enable thread-specific IDs for /v/. This lets people see and understand that shitposters and samefags are rampant among threads, and easily ignore and filter them.
>>
>waah they posted something I dont like about a game i like!!!

>SHITPOSTERS!!! SAMEFAGS!!! BAN THEM ALL!!!!

lmao dude
>>
>>356134
What's funny is the shitposting is rarely about video games.

The shitposting comes entirely from a base of people that know posting certain topics in threads completely de-rails them.

SJW shit is the biggest one. Most game threads now proceed well for about fifty posts before "PROBLEMATIC, RACIST, SHITLORDS" starts popping up, and proceeds this way for 600 posts until nothing about the original thread is intact anymore.

Thread IDs would eliminate this. It would eliminate the few obvious troublemakers from pretending to be a whole bunch of people.
>>
People are wary of thread ID's because to them it ruins the culture of 4chan, namely being truly anonymous. Another major problem is that people can use their phone to post on here as well.

We need a split if you ask me, along with banning posting from a phone AND implementing some sort of ID system
>>
>people still believe that IDs prevent samefagging and shitposting
Competent moderators and a community that consciously chooses to not be shitty is what prevents samefagging and shitposting.
Stop thinking that IDs are some magical solution to shitposting. They're not.
>>
>>356134
Good job proving OP's point
>>
I apologize for making this cancer aware that /qa/ exists. I posts on /v/ about an effort to get the board fixed in SOME way and now they're infesting this board too with their shit reasoning like this >>356134
>>
>>356247
Its a lost cause. Hiro needs to understand that
>>
>>356247
Why don't you actually include some evidence that people are samefagging.

Be aware that samefagging is not just that theres more posts than IPs in a thread, it's that a poster is actively trying to disguise and appear as a new poster.

You could just use 4chan X as it marks new IPs posts.

But nah, might as well complain about nothing in /qa/ without posting any evidence to back up your complaints.
>>
>>356261
I'm not OP. My thing was never about samefagging. I have an entirely different theory centered around PCfaggots antagonizing the board and making it inherently negative.
>>
>>356263
>I have an entirely different theory centered around PCfaggots antagonizing the board and making it inherently negative.

Oh, so you're a dumbass. Go to GameFAQs if you want to console war, faggot.
>>
>>356266
My entire point is against console warring, are you stupid?
>>
>>356269
>I hate console warring!
>PCfaggots are antagonizing the board and making it inherently negative

sure fag, sure
>>
>>356281
Since like most /v/ermin you need everything explained to you: I'm saying that most console war threads and shitposting about a x new game being oh-so bad is done by PCshitters.
>>
>>356286
>I'm saying that most console war threads and shitposting about a x new game being oh-so bad is done by PCshitters.

And all you're doing is continuing the console war, you dumb fuck.

You have no way of telling who's behind a post, so you don't need to assume things and point fingers.
>>
>>356311
Is PC a console, you fucking tart?
>>
>>356328
Consoles are PCs and PCs are apart of the console war, hence why you keep going PCshitters like they are some sort of organized group.
>>
>>356340
Nope.
>>
>>356341
No wonder you take part in console wars, you're pants on head retarded.
>>
>Consoles are PCs
>Consoles are not PCs
Consoles aren't PCs even though they've been becoming more of "entertainment centers" in recent years, but that doesn't matter.
Console wars are just a separate extension of platform wars, which exist with almost any kind of mass-produced electronic product. At this point, PC vs consoles as a whole is arguably the most common kind of platform flaming, because of people who are using Steam.

On a side note, /v/ still has shitposters who ban-evade regularly and you think IDs are a good solution? IDs are too easy to get around and wouldn't fulfill their intended purpose.
>>
>>356347
>consoles are built out of all the same hardware as a PC
>consoles install games to a hard drive
>consoles use peripherals to work the GUI

The only thing different about a console from a PC is the fact that you can't fiddle with the OS. Except for old PS3s.
>>
>>356354
The OSs are more barebones compared to a computer's OS, computers are used for many other things than consoles primarily being used for entertainment, and you can build your own computer and swap parts out easily.

Even though they're similar in many cases, I think calling them similar to that degree is disingenuous. That is besides the point, though. I just don't like seeing posters split hairs over something like that.

I agree with the OP and several posters in this thread that baiting and PC users/console users whining on /v/ has gotten ridiculous. But I don't think IDs are going to accomplish anything. I think /v/ has gotten to the point where it might need more dedicated moderation for the board as a whole.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.