[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I see this "4chan was founded on anime culture" excuse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 22
File: pic.jpg (28 KB, 415x415) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
28 KB, 415x415
I see this "4chan was founded on anime culture" excuse all the time. It's funny because the reality is the exact opposite: it's the weebs who need to learn other board's culture. Instead /a/ uses this to shitpost with impunity on non anime boards they have no experience.

I go on /g/ and in all the desktop threads it's the people with anime wallpapers who are most annoying. They'll use arch, rice up their desktop with anime girls and transparent urxvt's so you can see the anime girls and typically a console window open showing their irc anime roleplaying session(they think consoles make them look like hackers). In a programming thread some animefags would derail it by avataring and doing erotic roleplaying.

I go on /fit/ and some animefag would ask about how to become a trap. Every single time an anime girl is posted the guy 9/10 either pretends to be a trap or asks how to become one. And you can tell they don't even frequent /fit/ because they don't know the board jargon, training programs, or even any anatomy. They just want an excuse to post anime traps while jerking off.

Think /diy/ is safe? No. More than one occasion some person starts the thread with an anime pic about some vague project he obviously has no interest in pursuing (how to make a robotic waifu /diy/) . Let's not even go into how much anime ERP shit there is on /v/, and how all the weebs play healers for some reason.

Don't forget that if you call them out on it, they will inevitably be joined by several other people who will start spamming loli reaction images or hentai until the thread hits bump limit. Weebs are just intentionally annoying assholes and it's ironic that they always tend to blame their loneliness/social rejection on 'chads', 3dpd women and 'bullying'. Like when gamergate spammed death threats on twatter at feminists and tried to get Gawker taken down, they blamed the people they targeted for being 'bullies'. Who wants to hang out with a person who behaves obnoxiously on purpose?
>>
Maybe you should try leaving this site, then. I agree those are shitposters but if you think it's so bad why not move somewhere else? They're right in saying this was a japan culture oriented place to begin with, there's barely anyone like that in /a/ outside of their own shitty threads. If they're being so annoying on non-anime boards that's their offense, not posting anime shit.
> 'chads', 3dpd women and 'bullying'.
Those are excuses originating from the normalfag boards and robots.
>that gamergate thing
Wasn't even this site, it was the other chan filled with retards and twatterfags (who are obviously retards) shitting up everything and calling people bullies because that's what the people anti-grumurgrute were saying before. Both sides are retarded and do not represent the whole.
>>
Assblasted normie tears are delicious, they are they main reason why I browse /qa/ and why I shitpost with anime reactions in other boards
>>
You have no idea of what you're talking about.
>>
by your logic you are an annoying weeb
>>
File: inigo_montoya.gif (59 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
inigo_montoya.gif
59 KB, 320x240
>>356044
>weebs
>>
>>356076
Weeb has lost all its meaning and become a meme word that /qa/ newfriends throw at anyone who disagrees with them.

Hell, the other day I say somebody call Hiro of all people a weeb.
>>
>>356079
"weeaboo" and "weeb" never had any meaning. It originated from /b/tards in early 4chan trying to circumvent the filter that banned the word Wapanese. Thing is, I have never seen a real Japanophile on 4chan.
>>
>>356044
/lit/ here to corroborate this. I don't think I have ever seen a thread with an anime OP that wasn't bait or cross-boarding idiocy
>>
>>356087
That's because the few ones that post here get their posts deleted very soon. They exist, however.
>>
>>356087
Yeah, the point is that, since newfriends don't know where it comes from they try to use it as a meme insult to anyone who shows any remote interest in anime, and that it results in some hilarous shit like retards calling a japanese guy a wapanese.
>>
>>356044
>>356089
You both have a thing called "confirmation bias". You're only singling out the "anime shitposts" while ignoring all the other shitposts that don't have anything to do with anime.
I see people who shitpost with cartoon images on /v/ way more often than I see people who shitpost with anime for example.
>>
>>356094
Oh I disagree, just saying that the actual Japanophiles are few and their posts get deleted really soon because of being actual weebs. Just using an anime picture in your post doesn't mean anything regarding the quality of it.
>>
>>356095
I meant to quote this guy: >>356088
Sorry.
>>
>>356094
I never claimed that all shitposters post anime, I claimed all anime was posted by shitposters (in /lit/). It is true that the vast majority of low-quality posts don't involve anime at all.
>>
>>356044
I agree with you, people who say "4chan is an anime site" is extremely wrong nowadays. /a/ - Random/Anime got split up into /b/ and /a/ because there was more random content than actual anime content. /b/ was 80% made of shitposters and YTMNDers back in 2006-2007.
>>
>>356097
>>356097
Anything that starts off with an unrelated picture on board with a specific topic is going to look like "shitposting", regardless of it being anime or not.

These are just a few examples I picked just now:

>>>/lit/7379026
>>>/lit/7379067
>>>/lit/7379161
>>>/lit/7379097
>>
File: 1433946979837.png (175 KB, 600x614) Image search: [Google]
1433946979837.png
175 KB, 600x614
>>356044
>It's funny because the reality is the exact opposite: it's the weebs who need to learn other board's culture.
That's not how it works. All boards are weeb boards.
/a/ is for weebs to discuss anime and manga. /g/ is for weebs to discuss iphones. /v/ is for weebs to Anita Sarkeesian. /pol/ is for weebs to discuss who's white. /lit/ is for weebs to talk about Laurie Penny.
If you're not a weeb, you figuratively do not belong on this site. You're literally an unwanted, illegal immigrant shitting up their home.
>>
>>356105
The Greatest Nation of Earth (USA) was built by immigrant scum.
>>
File: 1434239016571.gif (193 KB, 850x846) Image search: [Google]
1434239016571.gif
193 KB, 850x846
>>356105
Fuck off faggot tripfag. Kill yourself already!
>>
>>356107
>Americans actually believe they are great
No nation tries so hard to pretend they defend freedom by trampling on their own freedom.
>>
File: 1336892305615.png (148 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1336892305615.png
148 KB, 500x500
>>356107
United States was literally founded as an Anglo-Saxon ethnostate and its immigrant identity is an ideology created in the late 19th century to provide propaganda for immigration to increase the work force and help deal with labor shortages.

Gas all non-WASPs.
>>
>>356044
>I see this "4chan was founded on anime culture" excuse all the time.

That's because it's true.

The most annoying people on the entire site are the people who spout "OH MY GOD A FUCKING ANIME PICTURE?! FUCKING WEEBS I'M GOING TO SHIT MYSELF IN RAAAAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE".

These people are ruining perfectly functional boards because they despise anime and Japan, but they come to 4chan from some shithole like Reddit or Ebaumsworld.

If you are so bootybothered about threads that 4chan has always had, trap threads, anime threads, threads that have never ever not been a part of 4chan; then just leave.

If you lack the impulse control to hide threads that are clearly shitposting threads. Just go

No one will miss you.
>>
>>356087
Wow, are you really so much of a newfaggot that you don't know 'weeb' stems from Weeaboo, which was a term from Perry Bible Fellowship that was turned into being about Japanophiles by /a/?
>>
>>356115
>weeb came from /a/
No.
>>
>>356124
Weeaboo came from /a/, 'weeb' came from redditors who wanted to look cool on /b/.
>>
>>356114
I also think whoever says "BAN ANIME LOLOLOL" is retarded, but, really, a board dedicated to discuss vehicles, for exemple, shouldn't have an anime picture in it, since it's a vehicle board.
>>
>>356125
Not that anon, but please. Weeaboo was a term shared by both /b/ and /a/. There weren't even redditors on /b/ back then.
>>356130
This is a Q&A board we shouldn't have any pictures whatsoever right? Faggot.
>what is reaction pictures
>>
>>356130
>I also think whoever says "BAN ANIME LOLOLOL" is retarded, but, really, a board dedicated to discuss vehicles, for exemple, shouldn't have an anime picture in it

You're on an imageboard, anyone is allowed to post images with your post.

Any board on 4chan is subject to have anime on it. Just like any board on 4chan is subject to have cartoon pictures on it.

Here's a challenge to you: explain why the automobile board SHOULDN'T have anime, cartoon, or video game pictures on it? Not topics, pictures.
>>
>>356133
>Just like any board on 4chan is subject to have cartoon pictures on it.
Then why are MLP images banned outside /mlp/ again? 'b-but muh ptsd of the "spam" from 4 years a-ago!' is not a valid reason. Following you logic, they should be allowed.

>>356131
>>what is reaction pictures
90% of the anime images I see are just avatarfags.
>This is a Q&A board we shouldn't have any pictures whatsoever right?
No, we should have pictures related to the question. Look at the OP's image, it's related to his question.
>>
>>356142
>Then why are MLP images banned outside /mlp/ again?
MLP images aren't, MLP threads are.
>>
>>356142
Posting a reaction isn't avatarfagging. If it triggers you so much filter the picture or the tripfag.
>comparing anime to MLP
Yeah, thousands of different shows, some with autistic fanbases are the same as one show with a heavily autistic fanbase that shits up every single thread.
>>
>>356150
They are.
>>
File: 0.png (140 KB, 600x811) Image search: [Google]
0.png
140 KB, 600x811
>>356044
>I go on /g/ and there's anime
>I go /fit/ and there's anime
>I go on/diy/ and there's anime
>I go on /v/ and there's anime
I'm starting to see a pattern here
>4chan isn't an anime site guys, honest

kek
You can tell yourself /a/ is just roaming around 4chan shitposting on other boards all you want, but that doesn't make it true. When you go to 4chan you go among weebs, I don't know who ever told you otherwise.
>>
>>356087
Keep telling that to youtrslf, weeaboo
>>
>>356162
Your newness is showing, normie-kun
>>
>>356044
Why do you retards always think the evil anime menace is out to get you on your home board on a site that has always had this content?

Yes, anime content gets posted on pretty much all boards in varying frequency.

You know what else gets posted a lot?

Video games
Movies
TV shows
Comics
Cartoons
Random celebrities
etc.

Do you guys also throw a shitfit whenever you see someone post a Seinfeld image on a board that isn't /tv/? It's the exact same logic.

Either complain about all off-topic stuff or stop getting triggered by chinese cartoon faces in the same thread where there are also sad frog faces, jew caricatures, movie gifs, MS paint comics and what not.
>>
>>356105
>>356112
Kill yourself already dumb tripfag
>>
>>356167
>Video games
>Movies
>TV shows
>Comics
>Cartoons
these things are not liked exclusively by insufferable manchildren
>>
>>356199
Now anon please show us in this doll where the evil anime fans touched you.
>>
>>356167
It has been scientifically proven that people who post anime images are way more likely to shitpost than people who post normal iamges
If the images are of cute girls, the likeliness is even higher.
>>
>>356199
>Videogames
>Comics
>Cartoons

You might've had a point if you didn't include those in your list.

>>356203
That's because you're a redditor who thinks shitposting = anything you don't like.

OP mentioned some actual shitposting that is even subject to deletion (avataring and ERPing is banned for example, even on /a/), but he's being biased because he's just singling out anime when it can apply to anything else.
>>
>>356044
>>356070
>>356073
>>356075
>>356105
>>356114
>>356161
>>356167
>all these cancerous fags defending shitposting because "muh anime"
Jesus Christ
>>
>>356211
>everyone who doesn't like my shitty cartoons is a redditor
stale excuse weeb
>shitposting = anything you don't like
anime posters ibjectively make lower quality posts than others
>>
File: 1404609473782.jpg (31 KB, 638x540) Image search: [Google]
1404609473782.jpg
31 KB, 638x540
>>356214
Lowercase posters objectively make lower quality posts than others.
>>
>>356212
>posting animu reactions = shitposting
>>
File: 29.jpg (888 KB, 2000x1250) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
888 KB, 2000x1250
I've been posting anime reactions on /mu/, /pol/ (/new/), and /g/ since 2010.

The OP didn't even address why 4chan is not an anime site, he simply said he didn't like anime posts.
>>
>>356044
I post primarily on /a/ and OP has a point. I disagree with the extent he insists on generalizing, but he has a point none the less.

It's usually moeshitters, not anime fans in general. It's as if they're inherently annoying and belligerent. I'm not sure why that's the case.
>>
File: 1422670308717.jpg (36 KB, 346x406) Image search: [Google]
1422670308717.jpg
36 KB, 346x406
>>356044
>I go on /g/ and in all the desktop threads it's the people with anime wallpapers who are most annoying.
>not going to /wg/ for your desktop threads

Step up, pleb.
>>
>>356044
Look to your own.

Don't blame /a/ for shitting up your board. Blame your own board for shitting up itself.
>>
>>356245
>moeshit
This doesn't exist.
>>
>>356254
It's a term that means moe in the most general sense.

You're a faggot moefriend. I can tell by your denial of an obvious word.
>>
>>356044
OP's logic
>4chan isn't an anime imageboard
>thus all those people I see all over the place on various boards who like anime don't count for whatever convoluted denialism I suffer from

God shut the fuck up. If you can't get over it then get the fuck out. Who gives a shit if people like anime or not. If you cannot accept even this minor quirk then you're way too fucking thin-skinned / normalfag for 4chan to begin with.
>>
File: 1412744361291.jpg (46 KB, 341x347) Image search: [Google]
1412744361291.jpg
46 KB, 341x347
>>356044
holy shit gas you're self
>>
File: 1446173676069.png (264 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1446173676069.png
264 KB, 1000x1000
>someone posts a Simpsons image on a board that isn't /co/
>no one cares

>someone posts a Metal Gear Solid image on a board that isn't /v/
>no one cares

>someone posts Pepe or Wojak on a board that isn't /r9k/
>no one cares

>someone posts le happy merchant on a board that isn't /pol/
>no one cares

>someone posts a Seinfeld image on a board that isn't /tv/
>no one cares

>someone posts an anime image on a board that isn't /a/
>ANIME SHITPOSTER GO BACK TO /a/ FAGGOT

Why does this happen?
>>
>>356348
I care.
>>
File: Smiling Female Dog.jpg (35 KB, 315x349) Image search: [Google]
Smiling Female Dog.jpg
35 KB, 315x349
>>356289
Is that Grinbitch?
>>
>>356044
>I go on /g/ for desktop threads

You're confirmed for being the cancer of the board.

You're a part of the problem.
>>
lmao weebs
>>
>>356087
>a real Japanophile

Do these people actually exist? Why?
>>
>>356348
>why does this happen

Because anime is objectively terrible, that's why.
>>
>>356394
People like you fall under either

>I can't understand it
>that means it's bad
or
>I think I have some derived idea of it peering through my veil of unquestioning deference towards Western culture, and this clearly doesn't fit in with that picture
>that means it's bad

Your opinions are just that.
>>
File: kamiya.jpg (19 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
kamiya.jpg
19 KB, 210x240
>OP conveniently ignoring that Westakeks are the biggest shitposters on /v/
>but no, this single thread that only happens once in a blue moon is proof that weebs are shitposters!
>>
>>356044
>I go on /g/ to look at desktop threads
literally cancer

>>356392
"japanophile" is the normalfag term for weeaboo

>>356199
>insufferable manchildren
welcome to 4chan
>>
>>356199
There are tons of manchildren who don't even like anime and only love those other things; in fact it's the comic book fags and bronies who tend to attack anime/its fans the absolute hardest because (whether they admit it or not) they feel threatened by the presence of otherwise fellow nerd-peers who reject comics etc.

If you want to practice double-standards then at least put a modicum of thought into your rationale.
>>
File: poettering-linux-me.png (317 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
poettering-linux-me.png
317 KB, 640x600
>>356044
>I go on /g/ and in all the desktop threads it's the people with anime wallpapers who are most annoying. They'll use arch, rice up their desktop with anime girls and transparent urxvt's so you can see the anime girls and typically a console window open showing their irc anime roleplaying session(they think consoles make them look like hackers). In a programming thread some animefags would derail it by avataring and doing erotic roleplaying.
Sounds like the average arch user.
>>
>>356413
>seriously using the term "weeaboo" as if it had any meaning
>>
>>356105
The tripfag is right.
Fuck off normalfag trash.
>>
>>356348
>no one cares
>no one cares
>no one cares

Are you fucking new or retarded? Jesus fuck
>>
>>356431
>defending tripscum
>hurr muh normalfags
Kill yourself you worthless piece of shit
>>
>go on any given subchan
>see off-topic cartoon girls
Why is this allowed? Fuck this website, I'm going back to reddit. You never see cartoon girls on reddit.
>>
File: f8.jpg (24 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
f8.jpg
24 KB, 540x360
>>356044
>>356105
>>356114
>>356167
>>356348
>>
>>356449
oh cool, my daughter watches his videos
>>
>>356449
>pewdiepie 4.0's opinion
>mattering
>at all
>>
>>356447
Good riddance.
>>
File: 0.jpg (85 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
85 KB, 960x540
>>356447
and so I said to the guy, I said "fuck off back to reddit"
and he did
>>
>>356451
my 20-year-old girlfriend likes his skits
his music is too hardcore for her though
>>
>>356460
>and he did
The absolute madman.
>>
>anime posters by default have a lower posting quality and always shitpostin

Ironic to say, considering /a/ is one of the only boards left that encourage and have self-moderation and high-posting quality
>>
>>356447
They love to do this, post obvious false-flags in hopes of proving a point.

No, people who dislike anime flooding none anime boards are not "reddit". Fuck off, stupid. And this is coming from an /a/ regular.
>>
>>356784
The percentage of our shitposters are the same ones who this thread is complaining about.

Like this guy >>356460

Fans of that shitty series shitposted for months on end. They even took it to other boards. So yeah, it may not be an /a/ problem but it is a specific flavor of bullshit that comes from /a/. I blame the mods.
>>
>>356792
Umaru posters are mostly crossborders, mainly /v/ermin
>>
>>356795
How would one know this?
>>
>>356796
Because it was one of the meme anime of the season. Umaru even moreso, since the majority of the content of the show is perfect for shitposting
>>
>>356798
and as we all know /a/ would never shitpost
>>
>>356796
Because everyone knows /v/ loves Watamote and Umaru. Also its threads are full of /v/ memes/jargon.
>>
>get triggered by anime hamster girl
>derail thread completely because you can't contain your own rampant autism
>blame /a/ for shitposting
>>
>>356817
Forcing you dumb character outside of /a/ is shitposting though. What else do you want us to call it?

Hell, forcing it IN /a/ is shitposting.
>>
We need more shipposting. Yes, I mean Kantai Collection.
>>
>>356858
>I don't like this character so everyone who enjoys posting it is forcing it on me.
>>
>>356079
This is what weebs say

>>356087
They're fucking everywhere m8, and they never shut up about 'muh superior nihon'
>>
File: 1440080725848.png (594 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
1440080725848.png
594 KB, 878x900
>>356460
>>356817
>>356871
Nice cancer hamster
>>
>>356905
Hayao Miyazaki can fuck off with his retarded SJW faggotry.
>>
>>356930
Don't blame Miyazaki just because some idiots made up troll quotes and attributed them to him. - Oscar Wilde
>>
>>356901
People like you are scary because I can never tell if you're really good at trolling or just legitimately stupid.
>>
>>356932
Anon pls

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayao_Miyazaki#Personal_life

>muh anti-war
>muh poor comfort women ;____;
>muh otaku taking over muh anime wahhhhh
He should just retire for good or make more good anime instead of whining like a bitch.
>>
>>356937
>quotes from the fucking 50s

God forbid he changed his opinion over time.
>>
>>356943
What? He said some of this shit just a few years ago.
>>
Worst is when people use a genuinely good character like Lain for posting blatant bait and shitty opinions.
>>
>>356961
That doesn't seem to happen anymore though. Most shitposters are too young and don't know who Lain is.
>>
>>356044
This is the one place on the internet where weebs get to have a superiority complex.

Just let it go mayne
>>
>>357000
There is no such thing as a weeb so your superiority complex fantasy isn't real.
>>
>>357011
>There is no such thing as a weeb
Fucking retard
>>
>>356934
He's completely right you retarded weeaboo
>>
>>357188
>>357191
Samefag.
>>
>>356105
Correct
>>
>>356105
Yeah and /fit/ is for who weebs who work out
Wait, there are NONE
>>
So much denial in a single thread, how can one group of cartoon obsesed people be this ubelievably stupid?
>>
>>356044
I have nothing against posting anime, but when I see someone arguing, and using smug anime face for his every post, he usually tends to be a shitposter
>>
File: 1416075606615.jpg (51 KB, 823x960) Image search: [Google]
1416075606615.jpg
51 KB, 823x960
>>357274
Yeah, this
it's no different from frogposting
he's letting us know that "I don't really have anything invested in this conversation and I really want you to be upset by my post in whatever way is possible"
>>
>>356044
>/a/
>gaymargayte
Barking at the wrong board
>>
>>356089
Ken-sama is a meme
>>
>>356098
It was /b/-Anime/Random you fucking newfag
>>
File: 1416313830075.png (222 KB, 564x334) Image search: [Google]
1416313830075.png
222 KB, 564x334
>>357298
the troles are gettin lazy
>>
>>356245
>moeshitters
>>>/v/
>>
>>357212
Sarcasm is not your forte.
>>
File: 1422082954430.jpg (95 KB, 676x676) Image search: [Google]
1422082954430.jpg
95 KB, 676x676
>>356394
>goes to japanese image board made for discussing anime
>anime is objectively bad
EEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHH NANDAYO?
>>
>>356937

>japan dindu nuffin war crimes are propaganda
>>
>>356105
I love you, Fun.
>>
>>357484
>the US dindu nuffin using nukes was totally necessary
>>
>>357307
Nope, you need to accept the fact there is a subset of moefriends who are belligerent and obnoxious. It's what the word means and your denial of it doesn't make it any less valid.
>>
Weebs and frogposters are cancer, no matter what board they use. You just need to ignore them. Let them rot in their own degeneracy. There's no point arguing with them since they'll spout the same nonsense arguments in their defense (then they'll just redirect you to reddit when they can't think of any proper comebacks).
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.