[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We compile a list of all the bugs on 4chan Hiro needs t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: redundant.png (13 KB, 760x124) Image search: [Google]
redundant.png
13 KB, 760x124
ITT: We compile a list of all the bugs on 4chan Hiro needs to fix.
>/his/ and /trash/ don't have redirects from 4chan.org
>/news/ doesn't have one either, and has a naming conflict with http://www.4chan.org/news/
>blotter and note feature have the exact same functionality, and need to be merged
>http://www.4chan.org/japanese has not been updated since the site was first created and says site is under construction
>grouping of boards on https://www.4chan.org/frames is terrible, one group has like 50 links, and the other two groups have one link each (maybe sort it the same way as the homepage)
>not sure if nonoko still even works
>the archives are slow and painful to use
>there are two nearly identical forms for replying to threads, creating and replying to threads should exclusively be moved to the floating window, and the old moved to options or deleted
>long single word posts break scrolling on mobile
>replying and creating threads not very mobile friendly
>hard to click on board dropdown on smaller phones
>new captcha doesn't work / hard to use for some people (I haven't personally experienced any problems)
>failing captcha sometimes deletes entire post
>storing settings in cookie doesn't work for majority of posters who have them disabled/using incognito mode/using do not track mode
>playing too webms simultaneously sometimes causes bug with the [close] and reply links when closing one

Also (optional) some simple features that will improve user experience on site:
>allow attaching image from link to online resource
>an alert should be added if a user has text typed and is attempting to leave the page
>create an option for a specific max dimensions for an image so huge images don't take up three pages (I know there is a setting similar to this but it would help if you could enter custom ones as fit screen is often still too big)
>add a live character count on the bottom of a post

Tell me what I missed. This thread is not on board culture but on site features.
>>
>>355588
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>355603
I was testing out the way the greentext functionality breaks around links ;^)
>>
Is anyone having trouble with the thread updater in firefox? Shit's just not working for me. It's fine in Chrome, though.

Wondering if it's a site bug, or if it's just me.
>>
>>355588
Most of these should be sent to the Dev, not hiro. Also

>catering to retard sitposting mobile users more
>>
>>355588
>website still lacks a viable /l/ board
>>
>>355588
removing the inline thread reply form will probably break things
also,
you can do that already
just paste the URL into the pathbar when looking for a file to upload

I like all of those optional features.
>>
>>355588
>>/news/ doesn't have one either, and has a naming conflict with http://www.4chan.org/news/

No it doesn't you tard, all boards are located at boards.4chan.org

>the archives are slow and painful to use
dont use the 4chan ones then

>>there are two nearly identical forms for replying to threads, creating and replying to threads should exclusively be moved to the floating window, and the old moved to options or deleted

What the fuck? Are you literally retarded?

>>long single word posts break scrolling on mobile

The mobile version of the site should be taken down and all carrier IPs range banned.

>new captcha doesn't work / hard to use for some people (I haven't personally experienced any problems)

That's Googles fault, they're practically shadowbanning people. But it's better than spam.

>failing captcha sometimes deletes entire post
Literally never a problem for me

>storing settings in cookie doesn't work for majority of posters who have them disabled/using incognito mode/using do not track mode

Well gee, that's too bad. Shame there no other way to save those settings. Oh wait, you can just save a link to your settings and open it every time you want to browse.

>playing too webms simultaneously sometimes causes bug with the [close] and reply links when closing one

This is probably a problem with your shitty phone, seeing as how much you love phoneposters.

You've been able to do this since the dawn of time, god you're so fucking new why are you even suggesting features?

>add a live character count on the bottom of a post

>implying you'll ever hit the 2000 limit without copy pasting shitposts

Most if not all of your problems can be solved by using 4chan X.
>>
>>not sure if nonoko still even works
are you too stupid it test it?
>>
Does 4chan still have that weird bug where occasionally an image that you post will be switched with someone else that posted at the same time?
>>
>>357334
Yes.
>>
>>355619
Probably just you, it's fine for me, never had problems with it.
>>
>>355732
I've always thought this had to be possible, but I've never actually utilized it.
>>
>>357334
Yes, and it's great pretty much every time. I hope they never fix it (if it can be fixed).
>>
>>356129
>No it doesn't you tard, all boards are located at boards.4chan.org
Go to https://4chan.org/qa/ and tell us what you see.
>>
>>357927
>>357334
I think it happens when two files are posted at the exact same second, since the filenames are based on unix timestamps, its what causes the mixup. don't think there's a clear way to fix it without changing how files are named/stored, which is kind of a big deal.

i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure that's what thats about
>>
>>357929
a redirect to >>
>>
>>357932
Yeah, that's the only explanation I've been able to think of as well.

>>357933
Woah.
Test
>>
>>
File: DIXsnxs.png (258 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DIXsnxs.png
258 KB, 1920x1080
>>357933
>>357934
That's odd.
Why is it replacing the link like that.
Test with http instead of https
>>
>>
>>357933
>>357934
>>357935
I feel like it should be replacing the link with >>>/qa/, but something's definitely going wrong.

As to >>357929
Going to 4chan.org/board redirects to boards.4chan.org/board
the /news/ board doesn't do this because the url would be the same as the current one in use of site news.
>>
There's a persistent bug on /pol/ where flags and IDs are showing up on every post despite being unwelcome. Please fix this.
>>
Trial boards aren't added to the front page anymore. For instance, /trash/ exists on frames, but not the front page.
>>
>>355588
>>there are two nearly identical forms for replying to threads, creating and replying to threads should exclusively be moved to the floating window, and the old moved to options or deleted
No.
I prefer posting OPs and hard-refreshing threads using the original post form.
Fuck you all.
>>
>>357940
Hiro is just lazy and has to edit the front page manually, iirc.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.