[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ wishlist - for Hiroyuki
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: 1445390373255.jpg (92 KB, 960x792) Image search: [Google]
1445390373255.jpg
92 KB, 960x792
How to fix /pol/ and foster actual discussion:

>visible moderation

>remove slide/bait threads

>visible sage

There.
>>
>a bloo bloo why can't /pol/ be like my libtard safe space hugbox?
Hi, reddit
>>
>>355490
Actually /storm/ are the biggest whiners when it comes to wanting a safe space hugbox.
>>
shut it down
>>
The only way to fix /pol/ would be to remove it completely.
But then the autistic stormfags would throw a tantrum and invade the other boards, so the only real solution is to keep it as a containment board and ban the shit out of anything that tries to set foot out of it.
>>
>>355490
It's only a hugbox if I don't agree with it.
>>
>>355608
Are you kidding? Nobody noticed /pol/ Harbor until a week into the event and they all ended up fleeing to 8gag so few of the boards were affected
>>
>>355633
/mlp/ noticed. And laughed heartily when they were getting banned left and right.
>>
File: 8335754.jpg (211 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
8335754.jpg
211 KB, 2000x1333
>>355485
>visible moderation
Sometimes would be nice

>remove slide/bait threads
YES, these are basically the majority of the threads ruining /pol/ and basically getting rid of any actual discussion

>visible sage
No, it's pointless and will probably distract from the conversation.

>>355523
Anyone can voice their opinion on /pol/, nothing is stopping them from posting it. It's not a hugbox and everyone is allowed to post, and just like any opinion it will be countered by those who disagree. It's politics, stop bitching.

>>355550
>release the biggest shitstorm that the internet has ever seen
How about no? Don't forget they're the 2nd biggest board on this site.

>>355608
I don't understand why you people want /pol/ removed, it's not affecting your experience on whatever board you frequent. And what's with this meme of /pol/ being a containment board? 3/4 of all /pol/ browse other boards frequently, and even if it were a containment board what would it be containing from the rest of the site? Definitely not racism as it's a 4chan tradition. There's no actual way to identify a /pol/ster, because 4chan is /pol/.
If browsing 4chan hurts your feelings so much than you can always find yourself site that better suits your needs and doesn't trigger you.
Either adapt or leave.
>>
>>355645
>Don't forget they're the 2nd biggest board on this site.
Man they're getting uppity about not being in the top three.
>>
>>355648
What are the top 3 then?
>>
>>355657
/b/, /v/, and /vg/. /pol/'s recent spike put them near /v/, /pol/'s year long growth brought them up from 7th (on average) to 4th (on average).
>>
File: 4chan board population top 4.jpg (197 KB, 1345x2585) Image search: [Google]
4chan board population top 4.jpg
197 KB, 1345x2585
>>355658
These stats tell me as follows
>/b/ - 180k
>/pol/ - 100k
>/v/ - 100k
>/vg/ - 90k

Disregard name of pic, it's a quick comp and doesn't include /vg/, but never the less /pol/ is indeed tied with /v/ on 2nd place, so I stand correctly.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (38 KB, 1279x602) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
38 KB, 1279x602
>>355673
these count november only.
>>
>>355673
>>355675
why November only? Nice try manipulating the stats retard.
>>
>>355678
Are you fucking retarded? 4ch.be only shows me the november stats for almost every other board except /pol/, you fucking mongrel.
>>
File: 37186_1.jpg (9 KB, 285x214) Image search: [Google]
37186_1.jpg
9 KB, 285x214
>>355485
There is one very simple thing that can be done to fix /pol/. But it will NEVER happen because it requires non-lazy janitors.

ENFORCE THE FUCKING BOARD RULES. Holy shit, it's not fucking hard. When a shit thread is made that breaks /pol/'s board rules "HURR /POL/ IS X WHITE!?! HURR /POL/ LOOK AT THIS PICS OF MY GIRLFRIEND!! IS SHE WHITE?! HURRRR" FUCKING DELETE. IT.

How hard is this? Seriously. How fucking hard is it to get the fucking janitors on this site to enforce /pol/'s board rules in a timely fashion instead of letting "HURR LOOK AT MUH BATTLESTATION!!" to 404 after reaching bump limit? I want a fucking answer to this question because it's beyond legit and it deserves one. Do the janitors on 4chan do ANYTHING??

In summary. /pol/ already has board rules. FUCKING. ENFORCE. THEM.
>>
File: 1315688054035.jpg (8 KB, 208x210) Image search: [Google]
1315688054035.jpg
8 KB, 208x210
>>355691
I tried applying for janitor to attempt at enforcing these rules, never got accepted.
>>
>>355485
>GIBBE MOAR CENSORSHIP

so /qa/ somehow truly became a reddit containment board.
>>
>>355695
You never will either.

>>355696
Fuck you, moron. /POL/ ALREADY HAS BOARD RULES!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
>>
File: dasdasd.jpg (230 KB, 1315x700) Image search: [Google]
dasdasd.jpg
230 KB, 1315x700
I've marked shills/slide threads/shitposts/baits in blue, note that the libertarian thread has been posted many times before with the same text and same exact file.
>>
>slide threads

lol, you fucking /pol/tards
>>
>>355485
How the FUCK would visible sage fix any board? It was taken away because they eventually realized that it's only ever misused.

I'm glad it's invisible because I like to politely sage and I don't want that to be mistaken for a "thread downvote".
>>
>>355708
>What is the dumbest kind of thread-opening question, and why is it ones like this?

That guy is completely right, even though that thread does not belong on /pol/. I HATE that meme. If you already know the answer, don't ask the question, retard.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.