[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WE NEED A SFW /soc/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
4chan is a social website. No matter how much the original intent of the board was to create a completely anonymous community, it's impossible to upkeep. Hence why tripfags are a phenomena, and /soc/ is a thing.

In light of this, 4chan has adopted an anathema towards social interactions outside of anonymity. There is a constant stream of hate (and mutes/bans) for people who want to meet with their fellow anons outside of the tertiary aspect of board & post communication. It's slow and mechanical, but if you question it, you get re-directed to a cancerous containment board.

/soc/ is not 4chan. It's a world of chaterbate-tier, sexual, attention-whoring debauchery, and it's not for the anon. We need a place for the anon who wants to just meet friends to chat with, who feel no need to wank off in front of a camera for pixelated titties.

Like I mentioned earlier, people are extremely turned off by the idea of /soc/ because of its NSFW aspect, with cock rate threads next to the innocuous weeb networking threads, and etc. shit.

Basically, Hiroyuki, we need a SFW social board for anons who want to network and not fuck/cam-sex each other. I hate to use buzzwords, but we want a fucking non-normie /soc/.

So many of the weeb, Skype threads, and other SFW threads (such as a collegiate thread or maybe music genre friends threads) are dead because nobody in our demographic wants to post on the cancer that is /soc/. Please help us. We're lonely anons who don't need e-sex, just friends.
>>
We need to delete /soc/.
>>
File: 1446584067103.jpg (59 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446584067103.jpg
59 KB, 500x375
>>354880
That won't solve any issue and you know it. Like another anon said in another thread, deleting boards is a shitfest. Making new boards, however, potentially drives those who would be shitposting in a different topic board to go to their relevant one.
>>
>>354883
I don't think adding another normalfag board is a good idea
>>
File: 1445174360129.png (242 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1445174360129.png
242 KB, 894x894
>>354884
That's the thing though. Normies are attracted to sex like flies upon honey. Take away the sex, and the place will be infiltrated by non-normies. Weeaboos, /co/ people, /v/ideo gamer threads, all that shit is now possible and potentially ALIVE (unlike the threads that exist on /soc/ now).

Hell, we can even put a rule or call the board something completely different from /soc/, like /hangout/ or some shit
>>
>>354885
It's just going to be normalfags you dumbass. Anyone attracted to the idea of a /soc/ board is one.
>>
>>354897
most of the people on the sfw threads on /soc/ are the opposite of normalfags. met some of the most disgusting pitiable neckbeards, NEETs, etc.

why do you think it's impossible for them to find friends and get their life together? it's cause they're posting and chatting their life away on the internet especially 4chan social circles.

Have you even been on /soc/ past the blanket of camwhore shit? There's some quality people hidden in there and elsewhere that this sfw /soc/ could be a haven for.
>>
>>354928
>why do you think it's impossible for them to find friends and get their life together?
Because if they did they'd be normalfags
>>
>>354879
So you want a board for faggot weebs to ERP with each other, basically
>>
File: 1447450357825.png (142 KB, 473x462) Image search: [Google]
1447450357825.png
142 KB, 473x462
>>354940
>WE NEED A SFW /soc/

>SFW
>>
>>354945
>we need another normalfag shithole
>another
>>
>>354945
Yes, what is your point? You can be SFW (fucking stupid concept on 4chan anyway) and still be focused on looking for other fags to ERP with, which is what it would boil down to
>>
File: 1440857899717.jpg (84 KB, 680x509) Image search: [Google]
1440857899717.jpg
84 KB, 680x509
>>354958
Why don't you join one of our groups and tell me that it's ERP? We watch movies and animu together, relax, game, hang out in VoIP calls, play/make music and etc. It doesn't just boil down to ERP. Just because your experience speaks otherwise doesn't mean it holds true for everyone. I've met some of my best internet friends on the SFW circles of /soc/. Only ERPing I know of happens in /erpg/ which was originally a /tg/ thing anyways.
>>
>>354964
If already exist then adding your own personal board to seperate you from the other normalfags is pointless
>>
Why IS /soc/ NSFW in the first place? Seems like it defeats the purpose entirely. Should just change /soc/ to a blue board.
>>
>>354964
Sounds like a faggy circlejerk
>>
>>354879
We don't need any more boards
>>
>>355070
i agree desusenpai
>>
>>355070
>Why IS /soc/ NSFW in the first place?
Because it was originally made to get the RATE MY DICK Threads off of /b/.

I say delete the board and send these fags back to /b/
>>
>>355118
how about

keep /soc/, move the quality people to something like /weeb/, everyone's happy

since when did one more board on the main page bother anyone who didn't want to be associated with it already? you can't tell me these people are *that* whiny
>>
>>355126
>quality
>>
>>355127
i can only speak for myself but the people i've experienced in some skype threads have been a mixed bag of cool and mentally ill
>>
File: riker-slow-clap.gif (255 KB, 300x306) Image search: [Google]
riker-slow-clap.gif
255 KB, 300x306
>>354879
>>
>>354879
>/soc/ is not 4chan.
This is the only thing right out of OP. /soc/ feels too much like another site. Facebook or some shit.

I think we should nuke /soc/ honestly. This seems to happen with all chans with boards like it.
>>
>>355126
>more boards
No
>>
>SFW /soc/
Facebook already exists.
>>
File: anton.jpg (5 KB, 216x222) Image search: [Google]
anton.jpg
5 KB, 216x222
>we need a SFW social board for anons who want to network
>>>/facebook/
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.