[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many people on 4chan have an interest on anime/manga but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1442976742886.png (401 KB, 792x828) Image search: [Google]
1442976742886.png
401 KB, 792x828
How many people on 4chan have an interest on anime/manga but don't browse /a/? I'm asking this because /mu/ isn't a very popular board despite everyone listening to music.
>>
I just use them as reaction images I found on the boards I browse.
>>
I have no interest in the vast majority of /a/ memes and airing series, but I will very occasionally step into a thread for a series I like.
>>
I lurk /a/, but rarely post. I don't like discussing things that I actually like.
>>
I would say a huge deal of /v/ falls into that category. A lot of them like anime/JRPGs/whatnot but refuse to go to /a/ because of it's elitism and general un-welcomeness towards /v/ posters there.

And posting anime images on other boards doesn't mean you're from /a/ either like this guy said >>354241 since they're reaction images like any other. I have plenty of reaction images of Western cartoons saved with me and I don't go to /co/.
>>
File: 1444367453976.jpg (51 KB, 306x423) Image search: [Google]
1444367453976.jpg
51 KB, 306x423
>>354234
/a/ is my 2nd main board
>>
Like >>354244 said, I'd really only got to /a/ to browse a specific thread but I occasionally just lurk through random threads if they catch my eye.
>>
>>354234
"Listening to music" and actually having a real interest in music are completely different things.
>>
>>354273
This
The majority of people that browse /mu/ are just there to shitpost these days anyway
>>
>>354234
I used to like anime, but /a/ made me realize how weebs were seen online, so I stopped.

It was worth it.
>>
I haven't kept up with anything recent, but I've watched a lot of anime from the 80s up through the 00s (And some even earlier), and I can count the number of times I've been on /a/ with one hand.
>>
I watch anime far more than I ever watch American television but I don't browse /a/

I prefer international image boards by far
>>
>>354234
I watch anime, play the vidya and listen to a wide array of music. I don't see any reason why I'd go to boards that hate the topics I enjoy.
>>
>>354343
>le /a/ hates anime meem
/v/, please
>>
>>354234
/mu/ is hardly a music board when they go out of their way to only listen to obscure shit. That's why it's unpopular.
>>
>>354433
He's right though. If you actually like anime/video games/music, /a/, /v/ and /mu/ are some of the worst possible places to discuss them because people just shit on everything. This doesn't apply to all boards though. /u/, for example, is a pretty good place to discuss yuri, quite possibly one of the best.
>>
>>354542
/a/ doesn't generally shit on anything besides entry-level garbage
>>
>>354496
>when they go out of their way to only listen to obscure shit

Yeah, maybe in 2010 or something.

You obviously never been to neo-/mu/

It's just mainstream hiphop and pop by nowadays.
>>
I'll watch anime if it's being streamed or read manga if it's being posted in a thread, but I can't really bring myself to watch anime or read manga on my own.

Since /a/ mostly seems to be focused on what is currently airing, I don't go on it all that much.
>>
I've watched a good amount of anime even though I prefer Japanese Video Games rather than anime.
I generally fucking hate /a/, they're comparable to hipsters for the fact they dislike anything that isn't obscure niche shit and they have one of the worst tastes in anime I've ever seen, even /v/ has better anime discussion when it comes up and they tend to be elitist with video games but always within reason despite their standards for a game needing to be 10/10 and frustrating ridiculous sometimes, you still find good and humourous criticism that goes beyond memes, there is a good thread on /v/ every now and then once a day or so as it is for most boards- But /a/ is always /a/, purely autistic elitists that get painfully fucking anal over not-90s anime and people's opinions on anime. The anime /a/ is into needs to have no plot holes (unimaginably bad animation is also another must have)-what they fail to realize is these animes tend to have no plot holes because of how fucking mind-utterly boring they are and how afraid they are to try new things and new concepts rather than the same old bland boring formula that's worn out Berserk's 300+ chapters now.
They're genuinely worst board on 4chan, at least /v/ has a reason to hate the video games they hate on despite sometimes having laughable needs and sometimes having above-basic needs, they still have great funny criticism beyond the same old memes. /a/ is just a circlejerk for people who ironically hate anime to feel less insecure about liking anime.
Also /jp/ is objectively better.
/rant
/blogpost
/seriousdiscussionover
>>
>>354582
Super cool story bro
>>
>>354234
I'm warming up to anime, but the cancer on /a/ has left a bad taste in my mouth.

SOME threads on /jp/ are good though, th rest are just autistic generals
>>
>>354542
>/a/, /v/ and /mu/ are some of the worst possible places to discuss them because people just shit on everything.
If anything, that makes /a/ a better place to to discuss shit. If you went to any other forum and throw around negative opinions, you'd normally get banned, or drowned out. Being able to call shit shit and insult people encourages people to talk, instead of circlejerk
>>
>>354551
This

If people want to shit on /mu/, don't make false claims like "they're hipsters" because /mu/ isn't like that anymore. /mu/ is much worse now.
>>
>>354623
You should really have learned long ago to not let annoying idiots who like a thing too much influence whether or not you like a thing. There's always people like that out there, even if the thing is amazing. If you let them control you, you'll never be able to enjoy yourself.
>>
>>354882
There are plenty of places where you can post a negative opinion and not get banned for it. Maybe you just got banned for being a dickwad, which happens on 4chan too. The only difference is that on other forums you have some form of accountability.
>>
I went to /mu/ once and they felt even more elitist and unwelcoming than /a/ so I left and never looked back
>>
>>354273
This
>>354234
I rarely use /a/ anymore, and I'm into anime and manga.
On that note, does anyone else think a manga only board could be useful?
>>
>>355087
>. Maybe you just got banned for being a dickwad,
Which is exactly my point. There isn't really anywhere else with as high of traffic as 4chan with such a hostile environment. Pretty much every site I've seen with similar traffic are giant hug boxes, with big 'play nice rules'. If I wanted to wank my own opinion, I'd go to fucking reddit. The hostile environment actually encourages discussion, because regardless of what your opinion is, someone will disagree with it and will attempt to prove you wrong, even if it takes them long past bump limit. Friendly environments are nice and comfy, but they get boring fast

Hostility is also good community wise, because it helps scare away newfags
>>
>>355097
>On that note, does anyone else think a manga only board could be useful?
No, there is no need to split /a/. It's incredibly easy to get manga discussion on /a/, it just doesn't flood the entire board
>>
I like anime and manga but I don't use /a/. Not because I don't like /a/ or anything but more because I usually watch anime a year after it's aired. /a/ Usually discusses the current season, by time I watch something, /a/ has either forgotten about it or hates it for being popular. Whenever I go on /a/ it seems like an alright board I just don't have much to discuss.

Not that you asked this but, I don't go on /mu/ despite spending a lot of my life listening to music because I listen to a lot of genres, some that /mu/ might like, some they might hate. This means that I have a broad taste in music but a pretty entry level incite into each genre.
>>
>>355110
insight, not incite. fuck
>>
File: image.png (660 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
660 KB, 1200x1200
>>354234

I watch anime casually. Couldn't care less about elitist neckbeards.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.