[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should sage be visible again? What the hell not? People will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: pb.gif (781 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
pb.gif
781 KB, 320x287
Should sage be visible again? What the hell not? People will always be stupid, no use getting around it.

Also remove flags from /pol/, it's /int/2.0.
>>
Two of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard in my life.
>>
>>353431
I agree, making sage invisible and adding country flags to /pol/ were dumb ideas. One appeased idiots and the other was used to fuck up a board. Both should be undone.
>>
>>353442
Being purposefully obtuse is not the way to live
>>
Since visible sage was removed, there has been a 99% decline in people using it as an insult/downvote and a commensurate decline in people getting butthurt because someone saged their thread.

If you wish to make a case for making sage visible again, you're going to need a better argument than "why the hell not."
>>
>>353534
There has also been a decline in people actually using it, which is the problem. Without visible sage, most newfags don't know about it
>>
>>353547
Newfags should read the FAQ. I suppose that's a pipe dream, though.
>>
>>353547
>There has also been a decline in people actually using it,

So? Most people wouldn't use sage even if they knew about it. But if you really want people to know sage exists, you could always just put a 'Sage' checkbox next to the post form.
>>
>>353468
Being stupid without self-awareness isn't either. Check that.
>>353562
Well, maybe "most people" should wise the fuck up.
>>
>>353547
>There has also been a decline in people actually using it, which is the problem.
why is that the problem? do you get paid for each sage?
>>
>>353778
It means every retard bumps a thread each time they post. There is tons of uses, with a good one being, not necro-bumping just like I'm avoiding right now. Other good uses are, not bumping shit threads, offtopic discussion without bumping and if you're a moronic retard, a downvote. There are dozen other reasons, don't be a retard
>>
>>353562
>you could always just put a 'Sage' checkbox next to the post form.
That's actually not a bad idea. I still use it from time to time on pointless threads where I want to help OP out but the issue is kinda stupid. Having it as a checkbox (with an explanation for idiots) would probably help stupid threads not get bumped.

However, one should also consider that since the catalog has been implemented, sage has actually lost a good deal of its purpose. But that's a whole other issue.
>>
File: 14196783687.jpg (47 KB, 371x348) Image search: [Google]
14196783687.jpg
47 KB, 371x348
It's pretty simple
We make it so every post is saged by default and you need to write "bump" in the Options to bump a thread.
>>
>>355387
That would be unintuitive.
>>
>>355428
Just like the current system.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.