[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Add more word filters on /v/, please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 5minsinpaint.png (16 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
5minsinpaint.png
16 KB, 440x440
The word filters have almost cleared out Twitter language shit from the board. Most people have given up on trying to get around it for right now, but it needs to stay up as long as possible. This seems to me like the word filter is one of the few successful methods of quashing shitposts on /v/ right now. Regardless of if any board splits are created or not, I think this filter needs to be implemented.

If /v/ can’t stop shitposting, then just make it harder to shitpost by adding even more word filters. Several shitposters will cry about their fun being ruined. Many even think word filters are “censorship”. Some will leave and some will stop shitposting. This also has the benefit of not requiring mod attention to get rid of common terrible posts.

More can always be added, but I think something like the following would work well right now:

Word filter the following buzzwords:
Meme, weeb, weeaboo, (to catch those trying to use it after weeb doesn’t work) cancer, BTFO, shill, SJW, autis, (to catch both autism and autistic)

Make the following auto-warn and unpostable:
HE, Bane?, Sheev, (anything from /tv/, really)

Make the following auto-ban and unpostable:
Wife’s son, wife’s boyfriend, blacked, (shit like those)

I also think /v/ needs to get to the point where Pepe and other useless images like him can’t be posted, but that’s more difficult and adding more words to the filter is a start.
>>
>>353105
s᠎mh t᠎bh f᠎am
>>
>>353107
OP #BTFO'd
>>
I don't know how the mods operate but I think they should meet once a week and identify harmful trends/memes/buzzwords and agree on whether or not to filter them.
>>
>>353107
>>353113
Hiro could also make using certain special characters to bypass the filter an auto-ban (we all know how, most posters are just dumb as dirt so they don't try). Or just give janitors discretion to delete any post that tries.
>>
this site would be better if you were banned instead t᠎bh f᠎am
>>
I should also mention that putting more filters on different boards in the future if things get bad there is a good course of action, but for right now /v/ needs something done the most.

>>353121
I'd like that even if done more infrequently but it sounds like too much work for the mods.
>>
The only filters should be:

1. Reddit -> Stormfront

2. Storm -> Tumblr

3. Tumblr -> Gaia
>>
>>353438
Linking Reddit to Stormfromt would be pretty hilarious actually
>>
>>353443
I mean, the point of the filter would just to confuse anyone who tries to pull the boogeyman argument.

Suddenly people would be blaming Stormfront for liberal degeneracy and Tumblr for racism and Fascism. And its just believable enough to where some people would not catch the wordfilter.

Its not targeting ideology, as much as people who use ideology as an excuse to make people mad and shitpost.
>>
It's funny, the people who whine about censorship also tend to be the ones who were shitposting the hardest. The rest of us don't care if some dumb acronyms get used less. I don't know how we got to the point where people feel ENTITLED to trolling.

>>353122
I believe janitors already are allowed to do that, it's just that most don't outside of /a/.
>>
baka
>>
>>353105
Okay
>>
>>353105
meme should definitely be wordfiltered on /v/
>>
>>353105
>please ban these words so nobody can call me out on being the autistic SJW weeaboo shill that I am
okay OP
>>
>>353548
More proof that the only people butthurt over the idea of wordfilters are the shitposters.
>>
>>353105
>weeaboo
>filtering out a filter

What?
>>
>>353438
This is brilliant
>>
>>353105
>autis, (to catch both autism and autistic)

This isn't how the filters work currently. If you combine things like
>tbhfam
it doesn't get filtered, it needs to be the word alone
>>
>>353532
If nothing else, I would definitely agree with this.
>>
>>353438
Hiro please look at this
>>
>>353105
>anything from /tv/
Even Smug Pepe?
>>
>>353675
I wasn't sure of that. Thanks for correcting me.

>>354242
You can't filter images. I wish some could be though, there's some really common ones only used for shitposting.

Wojak is used in shitposts more often than Pepe now. I think that might single-handedly be that one particular shitposter's fault though. I have no idea how he hasn't been rangebanned by now.
>>
File: smh tbh.png (26 KB, 488x93) Image search: [Google]
smh tbh.png
26 KB, 488x93
>people aren't using pics to express their scorn of fuckboys

does anyone even remember what the word butthurt was?
>>
>>354791
Those images could easily be be banned by discretion.
>>
>>354784
>You can't filter images.
True, but you can filter the words. The phrase "smug Pepe" is rather uncommon, so filtering it probably wouldn't be very useful.
>>
>>353675
>>354784
the word c.uck gets filtered in all other forms like c.uckoo or c.uckold
>>
>>355400
This case is why I was unsure how the filters worked.

>>355366
I've never seen "smug Pepe" used in an attempt to shitpost.

If there are any more commonly used buzzwords like "meme" not in the OP, I'd like to know, but I think I covered most of them.
>>
>>353438
This hiro
>>
>>353448
>boogeyman

You just want to enforce a hugbox so people will stop calling you a faggot don't you?
>>
>>353448
>getting this mad someone ruined your feelings when you tried to shitpost

go back to >>>/co/mblr and >>>/l/eddit
>>
>>353553
>Ha, all those meanies laughing at me are BUTTHURT that's why I'm crying, because THEY are butthurt!

we all tip muh fedora to you, OP.
>>
>>353553
>>354784
>>355322
>>355568
>>353105
>>353165

OP, and related newfags: if words are triggering you, cover your eyes, run away from your pc, that's suffice.
>>
>>353105
>cancer

2015 children go to 4chan ask for the word cancer to be filtered and words that offend them to be banned

>>355568
>I think I covered most of them.

It's like you want a First Week certificate.
>>
File: 1446999787012.jpg (453 KB, 990x717) Image search: [Google]
1446999787012.jpg
453 KB, 990x717
>>353553
>>355599
Hello, reddit
>>
File: animefagsfuckingrekt.gif (2 MB, 410x230) Image search: [Google]
animefagsfuckingrekt.gif
2 MB, 410x230
>>353105
>filter weeb/weeaboo

Assblasted weeaboo detected.
>>
Remove the global word filter completely, only faggots want a filter period.
>>
I think SJW should at least return to "spooky scary skeleton" again.
>>
Literally Reddit memekek: the thread
>>
Add Reddit to the global filter.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.