[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /qa/, I'm new here so forgive any informality - I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Green Pill.jpg (46 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
Green Pill.jpg
46 KB, 1200x600
Hello /qa/, I'm new here so forgive any informality - I journey here across from many boards along 4chan. After lurking through a few threads on this board it seems to me like I'm in the right place. This site has brought me many years of good times and much information to add to my database, though in my profession I keep finding myself limited to certain (more inappropriate) boards when wanting to discuss one of the most important topics in the world. I feel as though there should be a board where the medical communities of the world can collaborate for discussion, and lay persons can come to question their biology with disgusting pictures without ridicule. Along those lines I feel like such a board would be a great addition to the site and the world in essence, and deserves a chance.

How does one petition the creation of /med/ ?
>>
You don't. I'm just going to copypaste but:
>hey /med/, what are the dangers of sticking this object into my ass?
>/med/ horror stories general
>I asked the patient if he was a big guy during my nursing clinical, lel
>I think I just overdosed on weed guys, what do?
>hey /b/ how do I convince doctors to prescribe me vicodin?
>okay /med/ichams purely hypothetical here, but how would you go about removing a dog's knot safely from your ass if it got stuck?
>Big Pharma is a fucking lie. Look, the Health Ranger has shown evidence that homeopathy works. Fuck off shills.
>hey /med/, I cut myself with a rusty knife, am I going to be alright?
>reminder that insurance companies are jewing you out of your money
>mental health general where we self diagnose our mental diseases because fuck going to a professional, we know better than them
>VACCINES CAUSE AUTISM
>I accidentally drank bleach, how fucked am I?
>hey /med/, I'm bleeding from every hole I have, have memory lapses and shit bricks, am I sick?

This is what /med/ would most certainly look like.
Also you'd have to be a fucking idiot to take medical advice from 4chan of all places. Seriously, go to the fucking hospital.
>>
File: Bud.jpg (111 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
Bud.jpg
111 KB, 640x420
>>352859

This looks accurate and seems like fun to me, topkek anon.

Are you going to tell me there aren't less functional boards on the site? In fact there is more than one containment board for idiots, and idiots comprise a large number of visitors every year. Sure there would be idiots, as with any board... But the actuals will be able to have a home board for true discussion based on good reference. It's just as deserving as /pol/ or /g/ from what I see. At least the /r/ aspects of /g/...
>>
>>352878
>topkek
fuck off
>>
>>352859
That sounds great though.
>>
>>352895
>fuck off
fuck off

>>352896
Agreed.
>>
In America, it literally costs money just to ask a doctor for advice if you've stabbed yourself in the ass or something and are the sort of person who posts on 4chan after the age of about 25. I have seen /b/ threads where people are asking for medical advice because they want to save money. The only real advice anyone can actually give is "ask a real doctor if you're that worried". So either a /med/ board would consist of nothing but advice to leave the board and go to a real doctor, or it would only be visited by people who don't actually need medical advice because they're fine. The only alternative to those awful situations would be if people who really need advice are given advice, and so do not go to a real doctor. In those cases, some, certainly, will come to harm as a result. So the only time /med/ could ever be useful is in the circumstances which will genuinely kill people. If you only want to talk about soft boners and feeling depressed, you can go to >>>/adv/. There is no point in /med/ existing.

Also, how many real doctors are there that post on 4chan?
>>
>>353110

1/8 posters are doctors

/med/ will only bring more, we need more doctors.
>>
>>353110
>Also, how many real doctors are there that post on 4chan?

Tonnes of them on /diy/
>>
>>353283

Doctor detected.

I think we should invest in boards that will please our elder browsers, as the site will continue to populate each summer with young new neets as more elders fade away.
>>
File: Doc.png (245 KB, 958x539) Image search: [Google]
Doc.png
245 KB, 958x539
I don't see it being a problem as real doctors will have access to reliable sources of information and can include them when advising other anons on the board to distinguish from the "idiots."

Whenever I need to consult the internet as a reference, for example, I use the official NCBI website or accredited learning establishment webpages. Having access to a community of willing and helpful people can be quite an asset as opposed to a murky /adv/ board full of obvious nonprofessionals; which in my opinion is better left for relationship advice and other consultation by laypersons. It would be very much like a /sci/adv/r/ hybrid. Useful to say the least, at least for everyone who is alive.
>>
>>352846
GO TO THE DOCTOR
>>
>>353357

What if unable to afford?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.