[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will /a/ ever get kana captcha There is no downside to it, it'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: Milky Approves of fun.png (466 KB, 553x553) Image search: [Google]
Milky Approves of fun.png
466 KB, 553x553
Will /a/ ever get kana captcha

There is no downside to it, it'll decrease shitposters, except the most dedicated, crossborders and crosssiters. Most anons who browse /a/ regularly already know a bit of kana and it'll help increase posting quality as it'll ensure all posters know some of the language before posting

The only people this will have a negative effect on are anons who don't even browse /a/ or anons who are retarded and are allergic to learning new things from foreign countries
>>
ノ。
>>
>>352448

No. I'm a casual fan who occasionally posts on /a/. I don't know everything about every little obscure anime.
>>
The problem with the idea is that it would be impossible to implement. We use captcha because google made it. 4chan would have to make their own kana captcha.

If you can find a way to do this, maybe there will be a chance of it happening. Otherwise, this discussion is going nowhere.
>>
>>352458
4chan had its own captcha before
>>
>>352461
Citation needed.
>>
>>352463
I don't need to show any evidence to a newfriend that doesn't even remember the captcha before google, or even when there was no captcha
>>
>>352465
I was calling you out because I was here when captcha started and I know that you're full of shit. As expected, you can't provide any proof. 4chan never had "its own" captcha.
>>
>>352452
>ノ
いいえ?
>>
>>352453
Literally cancer.
>>
>>352469
>4chan never had "its own" captcha
Citation needed
>>
>>352448
/a/ to lame even for kana but why not? Only 3 day need to learn kana.
Nice to have kana-captcha in /jp/ or even 漢字-captcha, but mostly 漢字-captcha I seen is too hard and will be nice too have even 教育漢字 too be sure what poster already end elementary school.
>>
>>352501
A kanji captcha is too extreme, you'd basically kill the activity of any board you put it on. A kana-captcha would be a idiot filter, a effective one as well, because its simple and only requires a little bit of effort to get through, but that little effort scares away most people
>>
>>352489

What, you want me to go post on /a/?

Will do, buttercup
>>
File: dd8578fff5bb.jpg (65 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
dd8578fff5bb.jpg
65 KB, 625x415
>>352465
>>352491
> http://tanasinn.info/wiki/Complete_History_of_4chan
> Ctrl + F
> "Captcha"

Read. Learn. Fuck off. The only captchas 4chan has ever used have been Googles.
>>
No?

Typing in japanese is a chore and captcha is already a chore enough.
>>
>>352509
Thank you. What a fucking bitch, wants something done yet can't even offer a way to do it. This board is full of lazy idiotic fucks.
>>
>>352448
>Will /a/ ever get kana captcha
Fucking casuals, kanji is where it's at.
>>
>kanji
Nigga this is /a/ not /jp/
I just want to talk about my cartoons. I don't want to install a Japanese language pack, it'll make my computer smell like fish.
>>
>>352452
>ノ
すむは とびほ ばむ
>>
>>352448
>We are a special needs board!

Oh shut up already.
>>
>>352558
Fuck off normalfag.
You're what's shitting up /a/. And take your niggerspeak back to /b/ or /v/, your choice.
>>
>muh hugbox is specsuhl

Fuck off.
>>
File: captcha.gif (2 KB, 80x15) Image search: [Google]
captcha.gif
2 KB, 80x15
>>352469
Sorry, I'm afraid you're wrong.
>>
>>352509
*Incomplete History of 4chan and few words about あやしいわーるど
>>
>>353024
Stop directing your garbage posters to /v/, /v/ doesn't want them.

Niggerposters go to /b/.
>>
>>353058
> claims someone is wrong
> does not present anything more than a random gif as evidence

No anon, you are the cancer.
>>
>>353218
The reason you don't remember it is because you only got it if you had Javascript turned off.
>>
File: file.png (27 KB, 551x356) Image search: [Google]
file.png
27 KB, 551x356
>>353252
This is what the post form looked like.

The captcha image URL looked like
http://sys.4chan.org/captcha?w=n&key=YWNkOGU4
>>
>>352976
>>353032
The perfect example of anons that would stop posting on /a/
>>
>>353218
Old thread about it:
https://warosu.org/g/thread/12451349

It also didn't last long before falling to bots, because as you can see, it was a very easy-to-solve captcha. It would have been more effective if the letters were overlapping a bit to make it harder for machines to see where the letters start and end.

There's no reason we can't have a self-hosted captcha, we just have to not be so stupid about it.
>>
>>353252
Yep, that would be it, never realised this >>353325 was going on in the background. Neat, thanks.

And yes, in-house captcha when? I don't like doing free OCR for google maps or whatever the fuck else they do with captcha results.
>>
English motherfucker I shouldn't have to learn chink runes for five minute shitposts.
>>
>>353345
>I shouldn't have to learn chink runes for five minute shitposts.
You're the sort of anon its meant to stop
>>
>>353345
It's time to step up your 日本語、先輩。
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.