[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sheeky Forums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: thrustVectoringOwnsTheSky.jpg (17 KB, 200x256) Image search: [Google]
thrustVectoringOwnsTheSky.jpg
17 KB, 200x256
What the fuck is with this website /qa/? It is putting up actual 4chan threads with weird usernames and images.

This for example: http://sheekyforums.com/thread/62822779/television-and-film/i-was-caught-sneaking-in-my-own-bag-of-crab-legs.html

This is a thread, post for post off /tv/ and there are no doubt many others on there, so in the words of Seinfeld what's the deal?
>>
/pol/ noticed it a while ago

http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/51411179

Basically these kikes take posts from 4chan, archive them, then filter the Anonymous to a generic twitter handle, as well as the name of the board they steal to "SheekyForums".

The site displays a register section, and yet it says that registration is "temporarily" disabled.

They want to give off the image that they're a very active Internet forum for some reason.

It's not unique to 4chan, 8ch/an also has it's own counterpart.
>>
>>351988
Isn't it for ad revenue? That's what I've heard.
>>
It's a scraper site
>>
>>351993

Yeah. Basically it scrapes shit from 4chan because we get a lot of posts about fairly popular topics. So, by scraping the posts it gives advertisers the impression that the site is very active and it brings in ad revenue.

Sheekyforums isn't even the only variant. Like this one here.

http://tv4chan.com/ So, the guy's using several sites to scrape 4chan and get ad revenue.
>>
>>352121
That sounds illegal.
>>
>>352121

http://leekyforums.com/ And this one. I'm not even sure if this is all of them either. This guy is serious about getting those ad bux.
>>
>>352128

It probably is. I'm not sure if 4chan will do anything about it, though.

As far as I know there hasn't been a mod or admin response to this about whether it's allowed by them or if there's nothing they can do about it or if they just don't give a shit.
>>
>>351988
/g/ noticed it way earlier than /pol/
>>
>>351977
It's a website made to get ad $ disguised as a legit forum so advertisers put their ads on the site. I guess this guy just decided to use posts form 4chan..
>>
Sheeky and all those sites owned by "Javier Garcia" have the four months of /co/, /int/, and /v/ moe lost in text only.
>>
>>352179

How do advertisers not know that this is a fake by now?

Also you'd think the guy would open registration.
People would probably think it's legit and start posting.
>>
>>352236
Probably too risky, as there's a chance they'll see that it's not, once they've started posting.
>>
>>352212
That's actually pretty cool that these exist then. Can't fault the guy, it's a clever way to make money and it doesn't exactly harm anyone.

4chan has no reason to be concerned about this at least. It's the advertisers that stand to lose something.
>>
>>352243

They'd notice right away when they're posting and talking yet nobody is saying shit to them. Same reason why a hellban isn't effective. At some point you know you're not just being ignored by every single person and that something is fishy.
>>
>>352326
Shadowbans on reddit do work because of their shitty commenting system making it entirely plausible that nobody responded.
>>
>>352332
Did they not upvote your posts anon
is that why you're so jaded
>>
>>352335
What, are Reddit upvotes important to you?

The whole system revolves around making a "witty" memeworthy response as early as possible so everyone will see it and upvote it to the top. Literally anyone can have a top comment as long as they're familiar with the memes and around when the thread is created. You can even farm upvotes by responding to a highly upvoted comment with the right meme.

It is one of the easiest systems to game.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-19-12-43-51.png (271 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-19-12-43-51.png
271 KB, 1440x2560
>>
>>352865
Why don't we sign the guy up for some newsletters.
>>
>>352121
>>351988
These posts summed it up nicely. This isn't just 4chan though, there's websites that steal posts form gaming forums and etc.

I remember there was a gaming forum like this that /v/ discovered like 5 years ago. It was super creepy.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.