[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hiro please make /cg/ - Community Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 639x1011) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 639x1011
The data is in, and people want a board for all these games that people play on 4chan. See http://strawpoll.me/5572723/r

/cg/ would be good not only to relieve /tg/ of it's abundance of quest threads, but also serves to absorb these games:

> Risk from /pol/, /int/, and /b/
> Parliament from /pol/, /r9k/, and /tg/
> Civ/Civilization
> CYOA story threads
> Hunger Games simulators
> many more games that I have yet to discover

Creating a blue board with the dice roll feature to contain these threads would really help free up space on all their home boards.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1912x1830) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1912x1830
Feel free to post with ways to improve the board design or to list other games that can head over there. Pic related.
>>
>>351283
Why not put ID's on the board also so samefags don't cheat, the board will already be full of tripfags anyways.
>>
Hiro pls

I want a place where Hunger Games games are welcome
>>
>>351294
also for Mario Retardy threads which the /v/ mods don't allow anymore because they're buzzkills
>>
>>351300
The mods on /v/ actually block threads related to video games like Mario?
>>
You already have a board for this.

>>>/trash/
>>
>>351293
IDs would be great for a game board, it's the one thing that /tg/ lacks.
>>
>hiro please add/delete [board] this strawpoll says so
>>
>>351309
Thanks for the bump m8

>>351320
> stop changing things it hurts my autism
>>
Mook make this board very good yes :)
>>
This is a good idea.
>>
sounds like a cool idea
>>
>abundance of quest threads
Less than 10% of the board is not "an abundance". Also, it's disingenuous to start acting like you want this as a positive thing and not a containment board for stuff you don't want to see on "your" board.
>>
>>351718
> implying that having a board for games wouldn't promote the creation of new games and encourage more players
> implying you give a shit about the well being of game players anymore than I do
> implying you aren't an undercover no change ever campaigner
>>
>>351852
>Implying being choked out by /b/ tier cyoas and risk threads promotes anything except /b/-tier cyoas and risk threads
And your second statement just proves my original one.
>>
There has been a very vocal minority on /tg/ for literally years screaming and crying about quests. Giving them what they want is like giving a 2 year old what they want because they won't stop their temper tantrum.
>>
>>351852
Where did this idea that change for its own sake is good come from?
>>
>>351860
Maybe he is a tzeentch fag.
>>
>>351858
There are games on other boards that also deserve a home board.

I'd like to play risk on a board full of interested players where I won't risk being deleted.
>>
I'd prefer to call the board /fg/ - forum games. /cg/ makes it sound like it will be about graphic design.
>>
I actually like it, I probably wouldn't participate much but it's a good idea.
>>
Don't forget to vote in http://poal.me/d45yj1
>>
>>352863
This
>>
File: 948165.png (322 KB, 750x443) Image search: [Google]
948165.png
322 KB, 750x443
>>351274
I am in.
>>
>>351293
>>351310
That is a good idea m8s
>>
bemp
>>
This is a good idea. It's win-win.
>>
>>351858
Quests never belonged on /tg/ in the first place, moot just put them there to get them off of boards he actually cared about. There is literally no downside to quests getting a board that they belong on, you faggots are just so ingrained in the idea of defending your waifu bait quests that you don't even recognize a good thing for yourselves.
>>
We really do need a /cg/ board for sure. Defiantly would bring in a lot of traffic
>>
I noticed that Quests have started infecting /aco/ with their cancer.
>>
Fuck this.

Hiro please permanently ban everyone who supports this garbage. It screams reddit.

>>>/trash/
>>
>>357384
you realize that every thread listed in the OP is already part of 4chan, right
>>
>>357384
How does it scream Reddit?
>>
Doesn't matter if you make a board for something , people will resist because they want to play with the original boards community. /tg/ doesn't want to mingle with /v, or /pol, for example
>>
>>357433
The Redditors don't want more boards that's the problem. And we have to fight back against them to get Hiro to hear out voices
>>
>>351274
Dumb phoneposter.
>>
>>357342
Quests started on /tg/ in 2008. They spread out to some other boards around 2011 and then got put back.
Then the mods forgot that they did that in about a month and the ones that got moved went back.
And either way, all of those moved quests have long since ended, since quests are finite things with defined beginnings and ideally, ends.
>>
>>357435
8gag "Make a billion boards for every little facet of every possible topic" posters are worse than redditors desu.
>>
Is there even enough of these things for an entire board? A whole board has 150 threads in it, you know. Moving a couple dozen threads from across 4chan isn't going to fill it up.
And a mostly empty board with a very small userbase isn't going to be worth the bandwidth for the site, I think.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.