[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>check out recent bans >several underage bans >ban is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1447489239793.jpg (148 KB, 427x960) Image search: [Google]
1447489239793.jpg
148 KB, 427x960
>check out recent bans
>several underage bans
>ban is only for 30 days

Why is the punishment for being underage only 30 days? And why are people who purposely shitpost only getting warnings? Wouldn't it just be easier to permaban kids and give shitposters a 30 day ban?
>>
>>351071
30 day ban gets refreshed every month
>>
>>351071
because everyone complains about being banned after evading the ban
>>
>>351071
Because not every underage ban is actually given out to users who are underage?
>>
bans are extremely easy to evade. a lot of people, especially underage b&s, use mobile devices with dynamic ips. i doubt half of them even see their ban. giving a long ban someone with a dynamic ip means that it will block a bunch of other people who didn't deserve the ban from posting too.
>>
File: 342580-john-cena-2.jpg (35 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
342580-john-cena-2.jpg
35 KB, 600x600
If some underage said on 4chan that he was 14 years old, the mods should ban him for 4 years.
>>
>>351106

Anyone have the screen cap of the anon who was banned for saying "I'm 12 years old and wat is this?"

It was hilarious
>>
Because bans are a joke and easily bypassed. So, let's say you permaban them or ban them for years. They switch their IP and suddenly some other poor sap is stuck being banned for being underaged while the actual underage kid fucks around back here in 5 minutes. Even permabans get removed every so often because the actual pedos just bypass the bans or get caught and the IP isn't actually gonna do that shit anymore. So, once 4chan reports the guy to the FBI or whoever they legally have to report it to, their legal obligation is done.

So, rather than have shitloads of people stuck with bans they didn't do, they just hand those out because it's easier than handling a million different ban appeals stuck with an IP of some idiot who got it banned and came right back anyway.
>>
I remember one of the first few times I visited /v/ in 2008 or 2009, I mentioned I was 17 in some post.

I got a permaban for being underage.

Seeing 30 day bans for underage makes me butthurt. These faggots can still browse the boards while banned too.

>inb4 avoiding ban

Completely different computer now eat shit.
>>
>bla bla bla ban evasion bla bla bla
No, even for illegal content, the first ban is 30 days, if you do it again, then it's permanent.
>>
>>351134
This isn't a problem at all. I get the IPs of some annoying CP deliverer from time to time. Those bans are always at least a year old, so when I appeal it with the explanation that it's a dynamic IP, the ban gets lifted pretty fast.
>>
Forgot to bump.
>>
File: 8nLFCVP.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51 KB, 657x527
>>351071
> Work for [major PC OEM]
> Try to post from AU office
> "You have been permanently banned for advertising, this ban will not expire
> Connect via VPN to US office
> Same again
> TFW you are literally surrounded with /g/tard brand shills.

Ban has been in place for the entire 16 months I have been there.
>>
>>352407
absolutely not surprised in the least
/g/ has gone down the shitter in the last few years and that must be why
>>
>>351188
>avoiding

I suspect you're still underage with the way you post.
>>
I think the bans page only goes up to thirty days, and the real length is however long it takes for them to turn 18
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.