[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /a/ deserve special treatment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1419313199994.png (27 KB, 1070x868) Image search: [Google]
1419313199994.png
27 KB, 1070x868
Does /a/ deserve special treatment?
>>
What special treatment?
>>
>>350465
No flags and IDs. Why? If pol/ has them, /a/ should too.
>>
>>350469
I agree. Finally someone here is posting some sense. The more boards with IDs, the better.
>>
>>350469
I'm from /a/ and I'd be fine with flag/ID getting removed from /pol/. moot was paranoid that /pol/ would turn into stormfront central and may have thought that the flags/IDs would help keep people more civilized. Clearly, that didn't work out like he thought. On the contrary it would improve the board a fuckton if half of its threads didn't devolve into shitposting each others' flags.

IDs are a stronger case to have, but ultimately are not that effective when people can so easily get new ones on the fly.
>>
>>350498
/a/ proving itself to be the most honest and intelligent board, bar /pol/, yet again.
>>
>>350465
Moderation. Bait/off-topic threads get deleted within 10 minutes on /a/, whereas on other boards they can take more than 12 hours.
>>
>>350527
If I recall correctly, I think years ago someone (moot or mods) said it's like some boards aren't even aware reporting exists as an option, while /a/ and /jp/ use them all the fucking time to great effect. I'm not saying it would be an instant cure to all the problems boards have (as some people here probably do report all the time) but it can't hurt to do it more if there is no other option. Mods can't see every thread on every board at once, so bringing shit to their attention helps a fuckton.

The other thing is, on some boards where it seems like half the catalog is shitposts of some kind, and the board's population curiously doesn't seem to mind that, the mods basically just sit on their hands because deleting so much shit at once in of itself would please one crowd, but cause massive whining from that other side habitually shitposting.
>>
>>350535
I think reporting has been forgotten on /jp/, or at least it has until recently. I've gotten away with some stupid shit until just the other day, and watched others do the same. So maybe it's just /a/? The stuff you described is pretty much exactly what /jp/ has convinced themselves that their "culture" is. So yeah.

I wonder how many people report stuff on this board. It probably doesn't help that the captcha for reporting is broken half the time.
>>
>>350431

No. They get to discuss seiyuu and shit while /tv/ can't even discuss actresses. Fuck them.
>>
>>351388
But /tv/ is shit so it's all good.
>>
/a/ here. Remove IDs/flags from all boards that don't want them. Give people the option to turn them off on boards that do want them. 4chan prides itself on being anonymous, why make it less anonymous by adding this shit?
>>
>>351392
If /tv/ is shit then /a/ is the septic tank.
>>
File: bananime(1).jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bananime(1).jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
banana me
>>
File: 1422138421114-1.jpg (309 KB, 600x779) Image search: [Google]
1422138421114-1.jpg
309 KB, 600x779
>>351403
Why so salty, Anon?
>>
>>351417
Not salty at all. Anime is simply another kind of TV show. To someone who doesn't watch TV at all it's all the same kind of trash.
>>
>>351392
/tv/ is shit because it has the worst mods on the site
>>
>>351419
I wonder who spends more time watching television shows, the average weeb /a/utist or the average fa/tv/irgin?
>>
File: 1447106981456.png (114 KB, 753x479) Image search: [Google]
1447106981456.png
114 KB, 753x479
>>351481
I don't watch TV.
>>
File: 1446427575616.jpg (9 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1446427575616.jpg
9 KB, 251x251
I thought this was going to be anti-/a/ thread #151 but it turns out it was a stealth anti-flag thread #9674.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.