[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just a coincidence that 4chan started going to shit at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1447741516944.jpg (929 KB, 1180x1845) Image search: [Google]
1447741516944.jpg
929 KB, 1180x1845
Is it just a coincidence that 4chan started going to shit at the same time anime did too? moot stopped watching anime at around 2009 I think, and I totally understand why he would do that, since there was barely anything worth watching being made after that period. I still watch it occasionally but not as much as I used to. Now I'm more of a manga guy.
>>
You're trying to rationalize something that is inherently subjective, therefore it's not worthy of discussion.

4chan has worsened due to lack of rule enforcement and adequate moderation.
>>
>>349460
moot being an animefag was what gave birth to the site. He stopped giving a shit about the site in general when anime became shit too.
>>
Co-incidence.
>>
File: Feel Spike0.png (230 KB, 534x720) Image search: [Google]
Feel Spike0.png
230 KB, 534x720
>>
>>349475
Did anime become shit? I think it's gotten better.

Your arguing on pure subjective tastes.
>>
>>349522
>being this brainwashed
>>
>>349475
>moot being an animefag was what gave birth to the site.
Yes.
>He stopped giving a shit about the site in general when anime became shit too.
That's your opinion. And moot himself wants the site to go back to its anime roots, plus I don't see /a/ complaining within /a/.

The content of anime is not the problem, the problem are the people posting and moderating 4chan.
>>
>>349528
The problem with going back to its roots are the Redditors/Westakeks who shitpost on this site. They despise weeaboos with a passion and constantly call anyone who talks about anime a pedophile. We need to somehow control them and get them off /v/ and 4chan in general.

People have been asking so long for increased and enforced moderation on /v/, and some have even argued for a massive split
>>
Anime didn't get worse, you just ran out of shows to watch and then claimed anime was dead. Just like all the other casual fans before you. There have been people since the 90s claiming anime was dead.
>>
>>349597
>Anime didn't get worse

I want you to look at an anime chart from 2015 compared to the one from 2007 and say that with a straight face again.
>>
>>349455
What makes you think 4chan's supposed decline is tied to anime's supposed decline?
I can't think of it being anything else but a coincidence, assuming both two claims are even true for the sake of discussion.
>>
>>349609
Subjectivity is not worth of discussion.
>>
File: 1447796310167.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447796310167.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
>>349625
>moot makes a site for animefags and people who are interested in Japanese culture
>anime becomes shit
>moot stops watching anime
>becomes disconnected with the community
>leaves the site to rot as a result, only caring about how make a profit with it
>sells it to a Japanese guy in hope of it "returning to it's roots"
>>
>>349609
I don't need a chart, I can just remember what I've watched. Because unlike you I didn't get bored of anime because I exhausted a list of shows that fit my narrow criteria of "good anime". I expanded by horizons and tried shows in different genres, and found lots of other good stuff out there.

Narrow minded casuals like you always eventually run out of anime to watch, and when you do you claim "anime is dead".
>>
>>349609
You're pretty stupid if charts are all you go on. Pull up a chart from any given season in 2015 and I'll find an equal number or more shows of good quality. And yes, I've been watching anime since before 2007.
>>
>>349660
>>349661
There is less anime that appeals to people with different tastes these days. The market is much more focused around otaku, specially LN otaku. It's always those LN adaptations that end up being the worst offenders when it comes to this.
>>
>>349682
Maybe so but that is not enough to support the statement that anime is worse today than it was before. It's inherently subjective.
>>
>>349682
>There is less anime that appeals to people with different tastes these days.
This is objectively false. There is more anime being produced in a wider variety of genres now than at any point in the past. In fact there's a noticeable demographic shift away from otaku, with a greater focus on fujoshi audience in nighttime anime. Otaku are for the moment still the core audience, but fujoshi are receiving greater attention by the market now than ever before.

>It's always those LN adaptations
You mean the LN adaptations that are outnumbered by both manga and original series every season? This season saw a record high of LN adaptations at a whopping 10 series. Comparatively: there were 25 anime-original series and 20 manga adaptations. And this was just the current season, Autumn 2015, which had an unusually high number of LN adaptations. Normally it's more like 5 LN adaptations in a season.

Basically you're revealing how little you know about anime.
>>
>>349703
>fujoshi

They're still otaku too, you know. Even worse in fact, since they tend to be way more obsessive than their male counterparts. Basically, you said the same thing as I did only using a different term for it. That still results in less appealing anime to anyone who doesn't center their lives around it.

>You mean the LN adaptations that are outnumbered by both manga and original series every season?

There's still more of them being churned out than ever.
>>
>>349682
So you're a dumb piece of shit who judges Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry or Rokka no Yuusha based on appearances and misses out. Fuck right off.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.