[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
May I suggest an /img/ board? A board devoted simply to random,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9
File: 1442117013473.jpg (217 KB, 750x630) Image search: [Google]
1442117013473.jpg
217 KB, 750x630
May I suggest an /img/ board? A board devoted simply to random, novel, intriguing imagery. It would ideally be worksafe, and hopefully moderated adequately so it isn't flooded with spam or low quality content. Just anything eye-catching that you've found browsing the web but with no place to really post it. I'm not suggesting something like tumblr. Hopefully it would be thematically similar to Hmmm threads, but not just Hmmm quality images. Hopefully as well the majority of content posted wouldn't be glossy, polished, or artful, but amateur and candid.

Another idea is to make a /web/ board, which has already been suggested quite a few times. I think that is sorely needed. A place for meta-discussion about the internet. The point of the board would be to share one's experience on the web, sharing one's web habits and relating them to others (this is something I've always wanted to make a thread about (how do you use 4chan? how do you do formulate your posts? how do you react to certain posts?)), discussions about web cultures and communities, or just any kind of interesting web site, channel, video you've come upon and want to share.

My .02 cents ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
I'd like to see a trial of the /web/ board, but call it /iaa/ - Internet Addicts instead.
And make it a text board.
And bring back the rest of the text boards, while you're at it.
>>
File: 640px-Sharav_dondogdulam.jpg (234 KB, 640x764) Image search: [Google]
640px-Sharav_dondogdulam.jpg
234 KB, 640x764
>>348711
>And make it a text board.

While I would like the text boards to be brought back most would have very low traffic relative to the image boards.

Also, I'll post a few images just to give more of an idea of why it'd be cool to have an /img/ board.

I take back the below.
>glossy, polished, or artful, but amateur and candid
Not sure what I'd want on /img/ exactly but I just wouldn't want it to be exactly like a tumblr feed.
>>
File: akashic-records.jpg (183 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
akashic-records.jpg
183 KB, 512x397
>>348720
>>
File: thule_society_1.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
thule_society_1.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>348722
>>
File: Surgeon_Sage_Says.jpg (371 KB, 708x970) Image search: [Google]
Surgeon_Sage_Says.jpg
371 KB, 708x970
>>348724
>>
>>348725
>>
File: ape_man1.jpg (29 KB, 330x500) Image search: [Google]
ape_man1.jpg
29 KB, 330x500
>>348726
>>
Hey!
I dont have the mental capacity to look for a board that classifies the image dump I want to start, or to start a thread, so let's create a new board for that too!
>>
An /img/ board on an imageboard

meta
>>
File: loglady_sadness.jpg (48 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
loglady_sadness.jpg
48 KB, 500x380
>May I suggest an /img/ board?
>>>/hr/

>A place for meta-discussion about the internet
>>>/qa/
>>
>>348784
Both are too narrow in scope for what I'm suggesting. /qa/ isn't even listed, and it's more concerned with 4chan, as opposed to the internet in general. /hr/ only allows high-res pics.

>>348755
There are many topics for image dumps with no board to do so. /b/'s community is too pleb to make anything decent and /r9k/ is gimped by the robot.
>>
File: blackadder83215.png (271 KB, 444x454) Image search: [Google]
blackadder83215.png
271 KB, 444x454
>>348845
>/hr/ only allows high-res pics
why would you want to post low-res pics? it's 2015 now.

>/qa/ isn't even listed, and it's more concerned with 4chan, as opposed to the internet in general.
that's because a bunch of faggots have taken it over and turned it into the whining board. you're free to post threads about the internet in general.
>>
>>348705
>Another idea is to make a /web/ board, which has already been suggested quite a few times. I think that is sorely needed. A place for meta-discussion about the internet. The point of the board would be to share one's experience on the web, sharing one's web habits and relating them to others (this is something I've always wanted to make a thread about (how do you use 4chan? how do you do formulate your posts? how do you react to certain posts?))
You mean what /qa/ used to be?
>>
>>348705
>>348711
We 4-ch now.
>>
This honestly sounds like a great idea for a board
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.