[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people act like Hiro's creating too many boards?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: holds up spork.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
holds up spork.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
Why do people act like Hiro's creating too many boards? Do you not realize Moot created a lot more boards at a time back when he was actually active? Or are you just too new?

Fact of the matter is, we had gone a LONG time without boards until recently. If anything we could still stand to have a few more.
>>
He's created four new boards in less than two months, if moot ever did that it was around the site's conception. No matter how you slice it, gooku is being an absolute madman with these new boards.
>>
>>348493
people fear change
>>
>>348496
Didn't /lgbt/, /vr/, /asp/, /gd/ and /s4s/ all happen at around the same time?
>>
>>348507
Holy shit
>moot adds /asp/ - Alternative Sports, /gd/ - Graphic Design, /out/ - Outdoors, /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender - Oh God - and /vr/ - Retro Games
>[s4s] the next day
>>
>>348496
Well, I hope you see now that you are full of shit.
>>
>>348493
>Why do people act like Hiro's creating too many boards?
Because we don't need any new ones at the moment, nor should Hiro be adding any at the moment, because he doesn't know what hes fucking doing
>>
>>348512
In your opinion.
>>
>>348510
That's still fucking crazy to add so many boards so soon, especially when he's attempting to split /pol/ three ways.
>>
>>348515
Even though it's been done before? You're only freaking out because it affects your home board.
>>
>>348518
Moot was also a fucking madman, the site's going to have some serious stretch marks from all the new boards. Even moot wanted to consolidate /gd/ and some other boards before he left.
>>
>>348512
This. 4chan was working just fine. furfags didn't spam their shit everywhere so there wasn't even the need of a containment board. /new/ had already been attempted before, it didn't work.
>>
>>348513
Its really not. We already have boards for pretty much all the big topics, and the only things really left to add are: board splits, containment boards and shit like that. All of which are pointless and retarded, even more-so since they don't need entire boards and a lot of the time can easily be fixed with mod intervention. And Bunny doesn't know what he is doing, as he doesn't know anything about 4chan culture except meme factory, which, its not

The current status quo is quite nice and only certain things need patches here and there. Any actual changes can wait until he has been here for a while
>>
>>348520
This site is defined by madness and chaos.
>>
>>348528
How can you have something defined by chaos?
>>
>>348531
Explain why you think you can't.
>>
>>348532
if the definition of this site is that which lacks definition, isn't that contradictory and against the idea of chaos altogether?
>>
People were happy until /new/ came about.

I suspect it's because it's clear that /new/+/his/ basically mean /pol/ is pretty clearly a containment board now, and they don't like that.

Who gives a shit what they think though; it'd be really, really nice to discuss current events without threads being dominated by flag shitposting and THE JEWS being spammed fifty thousand times. They did this shit to themselves by making interesting topics practically impossible to discuss; if they can't fucking control themselves they just don't deserve to keep the topics they basically adopted/took over.
>>
>>348536
Sounds rather chaotic to me.
>>
>>348543
I'm from /pol/, I'm in favor of /his/ and /news/, and think you're full of shit. Nobody on /pol/ seems to care much despite one desperate faggot spamming the same thread saying it means /pol/'s doom for the last 2 days. If anything I think we're hoping /news/ will get rid of some of the click bait.
>>
>>348543
/news/ might be a good idea, but I think Hiro should consult with /pol/ about it before opening it. Because while it might be good for /pol/, such a split would be very bad for many other boards, especially the slower ones.
>>
By the way, do you think he actually will add any more wordfilters? It's been a while since the big four were added with no sign of more. I wonder if that's just gonna be all. There's not even been filters for the mindless substitutes.
>>
Yeah right. /pol/ is keeping the IDs.
>>
>>348600
And another question:
>>
I forget.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.