[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hp/ - Health & Medicine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: hp.jpg (12 KB, 310x40) Image search: [Google]
hp.jpg
12 KB, 310x40
We need /hp/, now.
I can see a great potential in a board about health and medicine, where anon's can disscuss medical advances, share great health information/tips and disc cuss anything related to the medical field.
>inb4 muh /sci/
/sci/ is for science & math, but although medicine falls under the science section having quality discussion about it is very hard to come across on there.
>>
>>347696

>my stomach hurts /hp/, am i going to die?
>yes

Great idea, really.
>>
My friend just became an EMT and he browses 4chan occasionally. He would browse it way more often if there was a health and medicine board.
>>
>>347696
/fit/ name was Health & Fitness
it was renamed just to fitness because of this>>347699, people recomending dangerus drugs.
>>
>>347699
I'd say posts that're low quality would be removed, it only makes sense. But for instance if it is a highly detailed post than it will be taken seriously.

>>347703
This is why we need this board, it will spawn all sorts of great discussion and attract people don't normally visit.

>>347719
>taking online advice 100% seriously
>ever
And even it were be a dangerous drug a typical anon wouldn't have easy access to it.
>>
>>347696
Let me kick you some knowledge, brother.

There are over 100+ words registered in the English language. There are roughly 6500 languages in the entire world. Last but not least, there are over 1000 different web extension available for use (with new ones being developed as we speak!).

What the fuck does any of this mean? Well, if you add the 100 words, 6500 languages those words could be in, and the over 1000 extensions they could be registered in, you get a low basic estimate of 7600+ websites that could have, have been, or will be registered in any given day (this, of course, not counting grouping words, adding letters, newly developed extensions, and words that could not be translated properly from one language to the next.)

The point I'm trying to make is that the internet is huge. I mean it's REALLY fucking huge. A vast space where you can travel from site to site, state to state, country to country, continent to continent, all with the blink of a fucking eye!

td;lr: stop trying to make 4chan a one-stop shop for all your bullshit, and go use the rest of the fucking internet your paying for.

"It's a magical internet, anon, ol' buddy...
...Let's go exploring!"
>>
>>347770
People said the same about /his/
>>
>>347696
>lame board full of faggot 1st year med students
What's the point? Within 5 years 90% of doctors will be replaced by robots, just like lawyers. It would be depressing to see all the loser students try to delude themselves into thinking their 7 year degree will be worth anything.
>>
>>347792
>he doesn't want them all packed up conveniently on board on which to ridicule them on
come on anon
>>
I'd prefer the name /hw/ - Health and Wellness. That would imply medicinal topics in addition to physical and mental health.

>>347719
/fit/ should be renamed to /bb/ - Bodybuilding because given the board's culture, it really doesn't have anything to do with fitness either.
>>
>>347847
>/hw/ becuz it imblyings of medical topics
>rename /fit/ to /bb/ becuz it haz nothing to wit bitness!!
Are you fucked in the head?
>>
>>347868
No.
>>
>>347696
GO TO THE DOCTOR
>>
>>349338
This. What kind of fucking idiot wants medical advice from anonymous strangers on the internet
>>
>>349343
It's not going to be for advice.
>Health and Medical discussion
It's going to include tech, careers and other stuff.
>>
>>349394
Still sounds like a horrible idea, there are much better places to discuss medical shit than an anonymous imageboard anyone can post bad medical advice for all you know. One clever trickster could probably get a bunch of doctors to do malpractice

Plus, how many people on 4chan are in the Medical field? Do people in the medical field even have the time to use 4chan? Are there any mods/janitors that are actually in medicine to know what posts are factual and what ones are just shit?
>>
>/hp/ - Harry Potter

Why?

I'm not calling for /lotr/ either
>>
>>347696
I can't see how health/drug advice on the Internet's most notorious website could possibly go wrong.
>>
File: BRILLIANTJJJ.jpg (58 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
BRILLIANTJJJ.jpg
58 KB, 500x375
>>347703
>hey /hp/
>just picked up this guy in my ambulance
>dubs decides what i inject into him
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.