[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ranking/ID System
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Power-Rankings.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Power-Rankings.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
Wonder if the person you're talking to is legit or just another shitposter?

I have the solution. Have an invisible registration system where you still stay anon but when logged in your posts show some basic information such as:

>time on 4chan to know if they're a newfag or old fag
>total posts made
>total threads made
>total replies received (to threads and posts)
># of times a post or thread they made was reported/deleted
># of times banned

This should make it easier to tell if someone is worth listening to or not. Tie in the account to a ranking system (like you increase in rank for each year here or each 1,000 posts or replies received and lose a rank for bans) and it would be perfect.

Also add some sort of mod given or system based achievements like:

>a gold star for reporting shitposts
>a commendation for having your post replied to by Hiro
>a commendation for making quality OC etc

Thoughts?
>>
>>346931
No.
>>
>>346933

Well why not?
>>
>>346936
>anonymous website
But it's not anonymous because it has information about what you do assigned to your account, with rankings, gold stars and prizes. That's as anonymous as making an account on Reddit, may as well have everybody use obligatory trips.
>>
>>346931
May as well. We already have IDs and flags on /pol/, so why not go full forum?
>>
>>346941

It's still anonymous. You don't have a name displayed - only relevant info on if you're a shitposter or someone of value.
>>
By implementing stats you are making a distinction between users, when you do that, you are getting rid of the anonymity.

It's not truly anonymous if you can categorize, it becomes a pseudo-anonymous place in which anybody can look at your profile and call you a newfag, troll, or whatever. This makes it so the opinion of a group holds more credibility or importance that other's.
>>
Very thinly veiled anti id/flag thread
Tell me op, where do you poo? Surely not in the loo
>>
>>346978

Huh? I have no problems with flags.
>>
Why don't you just go back where you came from, instead of trying to turn this site into reddit?
>>
>>346986
>I have no problems with flags
gtfo then faggot. reddit is that way ----->
>>
>>346931
No OP this idea shouldn't even be had ironically.

Semi related: Anyone remember that website that ranked name/tripfags by post count and had Anonymous, sage and moot up the top? Is it even still running?
>>
>>346931
So literally Reddit and Reddit Gold 2.0?

I'm not trying to come at you with /tv/ and /pol/ buzzwords but that is exactly what it sounds like.

As other anons pointed out, this is an ANONYMOUS image board. The last thing we need is IDs. Tripfags already make threads drop in severe quality the second the show up; I can only imagine what a bunch of accounts could do.

These shitposters would just go from posting frogs and bananas to "4chan Gold" material for a feeling of superiority.
>>
>>346931
>all that info
>but you post without a name
>it's still totally anonymous, guise
>>
>>346931
Genius has something like this, IQ based on how many songs you've annotated on the site and how many upvotes you have gotten.

The issue is no matter how much they seem to have contributed to the site (shown by a high IQ score), they still shitpost for the hell of it and the same thing would happen here if this was implemented.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.