[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should /qa/ have IDs (and maybe flags)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: baneyeux.jpg (381 KB, 685x600) Image search: [Google]
baneyeux.jpg
381 KB, 685x600
I seem to be seeing a lot of duplicate threads being made about one subject in particular.

We've seen how easily Hiro can be swayed by users, so should IDs and perhaps flags be implemented to catch or at least highly reduce samefagging attempts? It would definitely help Hiro by seeing just how many users actually want something instead of one dedicated user assuming multiple identities to get what he wants.
>>
>>344707
Hiro and mods can already see what country you come from, and identify your posts. And even you can see by the IP count if a thread is made up of one person. Are you retarded? No, seriously, are you?
>>
>>344707
why even ask for flags, it's like you're just asking for people to take a shit on your thread.

ID's are one thing, but I have a hard time believing anyone who thinks flags are a good idea doesn't also have a hard time tying their shoes
>>
>>344727
That's why I suggested flags in brackets. They seem to be a controversial issue.

>>344711
Having a unique IP count only enables seeing just how many different people are in a thread, and not a reliable way to identify all the posts made by one person. Adding IDs will solve this problem.
>>
>>344727
He's just trolling. He knows mods can see id's and country already. But he sees how many people are begging for flags and id's to be removed from other boards so he is hoping to get some replies with this epic troll thread. Just hide it and move on.
>>
File: 47.jpg (5 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
47.jpg
5 KB, 160x160
>>344769
>India starting to flood pro-flag pro-ID threads
The shitshow doesn't end

Nor does the shitshow in India end.
>>
>>344763
>brackets

Those are parentheses.

I agree that this board could use IDs though. Not for Hiro, but so that the userbase stops replying to the same idiot's bullshit.
>>
>>344802
It is kind of a bother that Hiro connects with the userbase a bit too much. We've had four new boards ever since he took the reins. If he ends up letting a small group of people control him, things are going to turn catastrophic.
>>
>>344797
>get called out as weak troll
>m-muh obsession with india
>m-muh twitter may may pics
Nicely butthurt.
>>
File: 1411498179742.jpg (26 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
1411498179742.jpg
26 KB, 367x451
>>344843
At least I'm not obsessively and aggressively shitting on flags, IDs and streets 12 hours a day and spamming half of a hidden board with threads about how mad I am that a neo-Nazi board full of Redditors and /int/shits keeps on triggering me, being unable to defend his case because he has no evidence to back up his claims and can only resort to shifting the burden of proof to other users, and being the laughing stock of /qa/.

When /pol/ loses its IDs and flags, hell will freeze over and an Indian will poo in the loo. Good day, Barneyflag.
>>
>>344707
>We've seen how easily Hiro can be swayed by users, so should IDs and perhaps flags be implemented to catch or at least highly reduce samefagging attempts?
A better idea would be for Bunny to stop taking advice from /qa/, because most of the shit people suggest here is retarded
>>
>>344881
lel, you actually are this butthurt over your precious shitposting aides being threatened. Hilarious.
>>
>>344906
>being threatened
Oh no, one person objects to our shitposting! DEFCON 1 guys, we're screwed!
>>
>>344916
>one person
You can't seriously believe this...
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.