[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
REMOVE THE WORLD FILTER ON /POL/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 14
File: 1443785768721.gif (210 KB, 921x155) Image search: [Google]
1443785768721.gif
210 KB, 921x155
Seriously this is insane.

It was funny over halloween as a meme but its been over 2 weeks now.

Time to stop this madness.

#FreeSpeech
>>
>>344490
>#FreeSpeech
F U C K
U
C
K

O F F
F
F
>>
4chan was never about free speech. You only have as much free speech as the administration lets you have.

Anybody who ever posted t.bh or f.am deserves to cancer anyway.
>>
>>344496
you fuck off
>>
>>344496
>>344498

I hope you guys are joking.

What if i told you you should get banned for wishing other people cancer?

What are these insane double standards you are having here.

Let people post what they want. If the posts they are making are not relevant to the board/threads discussion janitors can nuke them.

Imposing board wide filters on every user for this long is crazy.

Hiro has to remove them soon or all hope for this site is lost.
>>
I thought /pol/ would've hated people bringing black twitter memes to their board.
>>
>>344506
>What if i told you you should get banned for wishing other people cancer?

I would agree with that.
>>
>>344506
>What if i told you you should get banned for wishing other people cancer?
That can already happen. If a mod is a tight-ass or is in a bad mood, he can ban you for violating global rule #3.
Stop being mad that you can no longer talk like a retarded nigger from twitter.
>>
Who gives a shit? Niggerspeak is the worst. If you want to say TbH just say To be honest.
>>
>>344513
Vouch, I got a day ban last week for telling someone to get hit by a bus. On the bright side it made me realize how much time I was wasting on that board.
>>
>>344509
>>344513
>>344517

you guys dont get the fucking point

its not about WHAT got censored but that something got censored at all (again).

Yeah im done with /qa/.

I dont know what the fuck you guys are doing on this website but i think there are different ones that suite you guys better. Where you can hide unwelcomed posts or abbreviations with a click of a button.

If those things offend or violate your safe space dont visit a website thats generally known for letting people speak their mind.

First came the baka desu senpai filter.

Next thing you know is your posts get nuked because you criticize the website linked in an OP because the site paid some money to be there.
>>
>>344526
If word filters bother you this much then goddamn, you would've had an aneurysm browsing 4chan 10 years ago.
>>
>>344526
candy-ass detected
>>
>>344526
No, you don't get the fucking point. Niggerspeak is shit and only used by shitposters and faggots who think it's cool. Look at Global rule 6.
>>
>>344526
>wordfilters are censorship
Candy-ass Roodypoo detected, go complain to The Peoples Champion on the feedback page

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>344526
shaking my head, kouhai
>>
>>344526
Why whine about this when you can be whining about the breast slider in Xenoblade. Waste your time on a good cause.
>>
What the fuck do wordfilters have to do with censorship? You can still say whatever you want, it just shows up slightly differently but people still know what you mean.
>>
>>344506
There are no 'double standards' at least for my own self-- if I kept on posting shit memewords over and over and they became sitewide and filtered and I couldn't anymore, I'd be totally okay with that. In fact, that's exactly what happened here. :^)
>>
>>344526
you fucking whiny faggot, why don't you get a job? is your life really so fucking useless that you go on 4chan of all places and complain that you can't type like the computer literate equivalent of a neanderthal? i mean holy fuck dude go outside and fucking get some air, smell a fucking flower, realize how pathetic what you're doing right now really is. there are people dying in the world man
>>
>>344498

harsh tb͏h fa͏m
>>
>>344533
Dubs of truth.

Honestly,it wouldn't be a big deal if not for the fact that every stormfag and frog-fag constantly uses these words along with cluck, shill, and so on as buzzwords as opposed to actual arguments.
>>
>>344490
>allowing nigger speak on right wing board
kill yourself you degenerate
>>
Your tears are delicious.
>>
>>344490
Jyst type it out you lazy nigger.
>>
/a/ rules this site and it always will
>>
it was a shitty meme and people that weren't fucking retards were happy to be rid of it
>>
File: free speech.png (58 KB, 795x1007) Image search: [Google]
free speech.png
58 KB, 795x1007
>>344490
>#FreeSpeech
>>
>>344498
You do know people started saying "shaking my head to be honest, family" because we were trying to FUCK with the people that said those things unironically, right?

We did what the dindu's hate most, and we "appropriated" their words so that by the time we'd be through with it, those words would mean absolutely nothing to them.

I shake with unbridled fury every time I see someone posting "baka" or "bruh" on facebook or instagram, but when someone from 4chan does it, it makes me laugh, because I know they're using it in a way that demeans the cancerous tumor of what America calls "Black Culture."

So I say let "Shaking my head to be honest, family" grow. Let it grow, so that the whole world will know how absolutely fucking STUPID it sounds when someone with average sized lips says it.
>>
Twitter Ebonics adds nothing to a conversation.
>>
>>345107
ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>345107
shut up
>>
>>345107
There is no freespeech on 4chan you fucking niggerfaggot.

Mods can LITERALLY ban you for whatever the fuck they want to. It's a global rule that you can't post racism outside of /b/. They could ban me for this post because I called you a niggerfaggot.

Fuck off to reddit. Or better yet, just jump off a fucking cliff.
>>
>>345099
Garbage, reduce this to the rules that apply to /trash/.
>>
>>344490
I'm seriously laughing if this is sincere. Holy fuck, I love these filters
>>
>>345107
You say ironic, I say retarded
>>
File: 1322256878025.jpg (82 KB, 311x311) Image search: [Google]
1322256878025.jpg
82 KB, 311x311
>>344490
>#FreeSpeech
>>
I wonder why Hiro did this, it's not like he himself would be annoyed by f a m and other stuff.

btw, based is far more annoying than anything else
>>
>>344526
>Yeah im done with /qa/.
Another quality contributor is leaving the ship. Well done, /qa/.
>>
>>344526
If there's ONE thing I learned from watching all these goddamn /pol/lacks throwing bullshit into each other's faces, it's to "never trust anyone who uses the slippery-slope fallacy"
>>
>>345191
because its kawaii
>>
>>344490
>It was funny over halloween as a meme
Nigga do you even know what a meme is? It's not synonymous with "joke".
>>
>>344526
>le soapy angle fallacy
simply ebin
>>
File: stop-censorship1.png (62 KB, 429x317) Image search: [Google]
stop-censorship1.png
62 KB, 429x317
>>344490
I support OP
>>
>>344490
I'm okay with baka desu senpai being filtered
but seriously return give us back c.uck
>>
File: 1443794249688.jpg (57 KB, 480x595) Image search: [Google]
1443794249688.jpg
57 KB, 480x595
>>345382
>c.uck banned
>>
File: Desu dance.gif (238 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
Desu dance.gif
238 KB, 360x480
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
>>
File: 1984_by_alcook-d4z39dh.jpg (1 MB, 1408x2142) Image search: [Google]
1984_by_alcook-d4z39dh.jpg
1 MB, 1408x2142
c.uck banned, anyone though on Orwell's novel when this happened?
>>
>>344831
How did you do that
>>
>>344501
>>344506
>8. There are no real rules about posting
>9. There are no real rules about moderation either - enjoy your ban
>>
>>344490
They really should, I don't even use the shit and I literally don't care if people use it but I don't like censorship especially if it's for words that trigger some faggots safety box,like seriously but I guess this is neo 4chan, getting triggered by acronyms and newfags who didn't know how to use personal filters so idk
First it's this then it's "nigger" then it's literally any word that might hurt someone else's feelings
>>
>>344490
They should filter the term "free speech" desu desu desu senpai baka
>>
>>345579
Invisible characters I think
>>
File: 1440482958591.jpg (70 KB, 413x319) Image search: [Google]
1440482958591.jpg
70 KB, 413x319
>>345635
>I guess this is neo 4chan
Word filters are a classic 4chan thing though
>>
>>344498
Global rule 3 actually means that you're not allowed to say the word nigger outside /b/. The only board where it is heavily enforced is /sp/.
>>
>REMOVE THE WORLD FILTER ON /POL/

So people are actually mad that they can't use nigger speak on a board that supposedly hates niggers?

l m a o
>>
>>345884
I just glad that normie culture is being purged in defense of our superior native 4chan culture
>>
>>345880
They were done as fun, but now people are legitamenity triggered by fucking acronyms of all things
>>
>>346061
And now people are triggered that their cancerous acronyms are filtered.

Life sure is a bitch.
>>
>>346061
You're implying that people didn't get pissed off by inconsequential shit back then too.

People will always be mad.
>>
>>346067
Fuck off bootyhurt faggot who gets triggered by words, guess you might want "faggot" censored since it hurts your safety box

>>346108
Then why is SJW still a thing if that's supposedly more of a problem to people
>>
>>346116
>censored
>word filters is censorship

You people are fucking retarded.

I'm glad the word filters are doing their purpose, which is too piss people off
>>
>>346116
>guess you might want "faggot" censored since it hurts your safety box
Faggot should be filtered to baka
>>
>>346127
They literally do nothing but allow more people to come up with creative ways of shitposting and majority already can bypass it on mostly mobile, but computer as well and non-retards who actual self filtered the whatever words angered them now have to deal with that shit
>word filters
>not censorship
Literally autistic like literally
>>
>>346132
>They literally do nothing but allow more people to come up with creative ways of shitposting
While shitposting is bad, there is legitimately nothing wrong with this. Its impossible to remove it from 4chan and its been here since day 1. At the very least, people doing it creatively is much better than stagnation and people shitting out the same thing constantly.

>word filters
>being censorship
There was never any freespeech on 4chan and you can still use the words. It could considered it censorship if they banned you outright for using them rather then filter them, but they don't.

Just deal with it, the word filters are good and the only people upset by them are reddit babies and people who no longer can say their favourite shitposting words
>>
File: EVERYTHING I SAY IS RIGHT.jpg (30 KB, 317x427) Image search: [Google]
EVERYTHING I SAY IS RIGHT.jpg
30 KB, 317x427
I've got a better idea.

1. Leave the filter in place forever.
2. Add "tbqh" and "2bh" to the filter, because some of the more resourceful retards have figured out that they can keep typing like niggers if they just change the acronym a little.
>>
File: MbYVc.jpg (169 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
MbYVc.jpg
169 KB, 800x500
>>345107
You ever heard of Poe's law mate?
>>
>3.You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: -------- indecipherable text (example: "lol u tk him 2da bar|?"),

So this has been forbidden all the time?
>tfw tfw might get me banned
>>
>>347195
A lot of things posted are heavily against the rules. The mods just don't remove the shit because as the years go by, they get lazier and lazier. Moderating 4chan is probably more of a chore at this point rather than being something that can be fun sometimes
>>
>>347199
It's a pretty dumb rule anyway. Enforcing it would be impossible.

And "lol u tk him 2da bar" is NOT indecipherable. It's very obvious what it means
>>
>>347195
>someone actually thought "lol u tk him 2da bar|?" was indecipherable
Are they illiterate or something?
>>
>>344490
nah, fuck you.
>>
File: Problem.gif (499 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
Problem.gif
499 KB, 420x315
>>344526
>newfriend detected.
>>
>>344496
Found the redditor
>>
>>347445
You aren't even using it right. Reddit should be filtered to be honest my family.
>>
File: 144005725s.jpg (6 KB, 174x250) Image search: [Google]
144005725s.jpg
6 KB, 174x250
>>344530
>>344531
>>344533
>>344579
>>344785
>>344788
>>344806
>>345197
>>345222
>>345257
>>347441
Spotted the cúcks. You guys should apply to be janitors. I hear it pays well :^)
>>
>>347452
Please, lurk a bit more before posting. Your newness is showing, and its off putting.
>>
>>345136
moots dead retard.
>>
>>347455
He's right though.
>>
>>347459
Its true. Im keking quite a bit.
>>
>>346152
Word filters do nothing but attract more attention to the words and I literally don't understand why newfags just don't filter the shit themselves cause now were gonna get a wave a shitters asking for a word they dislike to be filtered, first step in becoming reddit
>>
>>344506

This is hilarious. Are you even aware that penis and vagina were word filtered for literally years? Or how about when nigger was roody poo and femanon was cumdumpster?

Word filters are nothing new. Complaining about then just shows how new you are.
>>
/pol/ is one of the most retarded and overdramatic boards on this website

I wonder if these faggots would have had a heart attack if they were posting here when faggot and nigger was wordfiltered
>>
>>347445
Found the summerfag. 4chan isn't about free speech and never was. The owner of the site is free whatever the fuck he wants because he is the one paying for the servers, I'm one of the few people that gave donations when this site needed it and I know that I have no right to tell the owner what to do, because it's a donation, the mods specifically said that, I was giving money and getting nothing in return but keeping the site alive. Did you know 4chan has rules? And there used to be much less, so there's a big possibility there will be more rules in a future. Also, you can avoid filters but you probably don't know how.
>>
>>347468
This. All it does is make everyone use the words even more to piss off the mods and their redditor buddies. Don't know why they haven't realized this yet 2bh fám.
>>
File: 1447607289878.png (16 KB, 550x404) Image search: [Google]
1447607289878.png
16 KB, 550x404
>>345107
>>
>>344490
TB100%H
th1s
F@M
>>
I like them desu senpai
>>
>>345107
>They were being retarded so we thought "Hey, let's be retarded too, that'll show them!"
>>
>>347737

It'll wear off. Old users will leave, new users will join, and they won't see those words as part of 4chan culture.
>>
>>345107
While it's a good idea in theory, the problem is that people here also say those things unironically. Doing things ironically generally never turns out well because people are BAD at recognizing irony and so you just end up making things worse. So no, none of those things will happen.
>>
>>347468
Reddit doesn't have any word filters, though. So, as it is, we are already worse than reddit.
>>
>>344490
The people who use the words that were filtered are shitposters, anon. You know it to be true tbqh
>>
>>347468
> I literally don't understand why newfags just don't filter the shit themselves
>actually filtering shit
Fucking faggot

Either way, the point of word filters is to piss people off. Which is what they are doing, they are pissing people off who now can't use the words. Ever since they've been applied, I've seen nigger test much much less than before them
>>
Reminder that reddit doesn't filter your words.

Right now. Reddit is more open to your speech than 4chan.
>>
>>348447
Reminder that if your opinion isn't shared by the majority on reddit, you will get downvoted into hell for being different
>>
>>348454
So just like 4chan.
>>
>>348454
At least you can type whatever you want and its not filtered
>>
>hurr durr muh free speech! xD
Fuck off. /pol/ is the fat neckbeard's tumblr
>>
>>348458
>imypling you have ever been allowed to say what you want on 4chan

4chan has never been a bastion of free speech, as the mods and admin can ban you at any time they want for whatever they what. Likewise, don't pretend reddit is anything but a echo chamber
>>
It's gone on /b/
Smh desu senpai SJW kek
>>
>>348462
Did /b/ even get the word filters in the first place?
>>
>>348463
I guess not
>>
>>348462
>>348463
>>348467
>/trash/ has word filters
>/b/ doesn't
ayy lmao
>>
>>348260
I doubt it ttbh pham. People still use "leddit" and all the other words that triggered previous thinskinned modcúcks.
>>
Not really.

>first post in a 4chan thread
>express critical opinion
>some may agree, others will call you a faggot

>first post in a Reddit thread
>express critical opinion
>downvoted, sent to bottom of comment list and hidden if you received enough downvotes
>>
>>348499
Most of the time your shit gets removed from the thread.
>>
>>348447
>Reminder that reddit doesn't filter your words.
And reddit doesn't have flags.
In fact this horrible system with forced flags isn't used anywhere else on the internet, I think.
Maybe there are forums where your IP is shown, but flags? Nowhere else.
>>
>>345197

The way you type wreaks of faggy reddit high horse speech. Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>348854
Indian detected
Poo in loo
>>
>>345519
Kek
>>
>>348903
no, you son of basterd bich!
>>
ITT newfags getting butthurt to be honest family

Seriously, filters aren't a new thing. They aren't done to stifle free speech, they're done to fuck with people.
>>
>>348996
>they're done to fuck with people.
I think a lot of folks would be better off if they realized that this is essentially the crux of 4chan's purpose
>>
baka at you desu
>>
>>344490
The filters amuse me. Let them stay.
>>
I love to see /pol/ though bois trying to make 'deep and insightful' posts only to see them end with 'desu'
>>
>>346061
lol u tk him 2 da bar? xDD
>>
>>346132
Spotted the 8gagger.
>>
>>347204
>>347199
>>347195
A rule always needs people to report it but we all know the big boards userbases who can barely type or read more than 2 words without going back to meme speak.
>>
>>344490
>I champion free speech in order for the right to be a neo nazi
>nazis were diametrically opposed to free speech and censored the shit out of everything

The irony. What a bunch of fucking tools /pol/ are.
>>
>>349231
free speech doesn't mean you can say degenerate shit
god damned liberals...
>>
>>349234
Shouldn't you be in favor of the word filters then? Shouldn't /pol/ love that they block twitter nig speech?
>>
>>349234
Blasphemy is not free speech
Die heretic
>>
I don't see how typing like a nigger on twitter is necessary for free speech.

If you want to act like a nigger go to twitter.
>>
>>349276
It not even nigger speak its old ass acronyms and f.a.m was a Brit equivalent of bruh
>>
>>349367
They are used along with s m h so I consider it niggerspeak.

In any case it's a vernacular only used by shitposters and changing it to weebspeak suits this website far better.

Ultimately the words are of no consequence, this word filter is extremely tame compared to the ones we've had in the past.
>>
File: 1446999787012.jpg (453 KB, 990x717) Image search: [Google]
1446999787012.jpg
453 KB, 990x717
>>349234
>>349276
>>349369
>reddit: the posts
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.