[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are so many boards being made? This is ridiculous. Hiro is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3
File: 2847124.png (330 KB, 450x582) Image search: [Google]
2847124.png
330 KB, 450x582
Why are so many boards being made? This is ridiculous. Hiro is going to fracture 4chan at this rate with dead, unnecessary boards.

>mfw
>>
That's fine. If they fail they will be deleted.
>>
>>344418
Just stop. Many thousands of people have been asking for new boards for many years.
>>
>>344423
But you can argue /his/ and /news/ are fit for /pol/. I hope they don't, but how far will subredditing 4chan go? How soon until we get /ag/ - Anime General or /ma/ for Manga? Or /film/?
>>
>>344423
>just stop

My deepest apologies. Didn't realize I was dealing with THE one and only anon number 344422.
You're the worst kind of retard, fuck off.

100 unnecessary, different boards kills discussion
>>
>>344423
Just because the users ask for something, doesn't mean they should have it. Almost every request the users make should never even be considered, because they are fucking stupid. We don't need any new boards
>>
>>344449
Idiot, that anon is 344423. Why don't you respond to 344422 if you're so confident?
>>
only hobbies/interests should be boards. plus like /b/ or whatever. also fucking /film/ when goddamnit
>>
It's what happens when you place a newfag in the position of site administrator.

>>344470
This
99% of suggestions here on /qa/ are mindbogglingly dumb. The fact hiro seems to think whatever's being posted here somehow represents the community's desires is scary.
>>
>>344483
>also fucking /film/ when goddamnit
Hopefully never.
>>
>>344449

It doesn't kill discussion. 2ch is the largest forum, is anonymous, and has more activity than any other forum in existence. Having many boards doesn't kill discussion at all. Because both 2ch and Futaba Channel have a million boards and are still active. And at least 4chan has wide and vague boards still. There's actual boards for general things and aside from /mlp/ and /vp/, along with maybe /3/ and /gd/ we've avoided having niche boards. Whereas the Japanese ones manage to have boards for ramen. And just ramen specifically. Several /b/ boards that I think are 7-8 by now. And a ton of others. If there's a demand for said board and people use it, that's not killing discussion. If anyone 4chan has become too fast because there's so many people trapped into a few boards. It needs to be aired out a little bit and spread them out.

And say what you want about Hiro. I think he's a bit of a cunt for the whole 2ch selling user data debacle, but the guy knows how to run a fuckhuge forum that's several times larger and more active than 4chan.
>>
>>344507
>I think he's a bit of a cunt for the whole 2ch selling user data debacle

You mean the thing that did not actually happen?
>>
>>344507
4chan isn't 2ch, reddit nor 8shit. What works with them won't necessarily work here. 4chan really doesn't need anymore boards and works best when there isn't a fuckton of them. If anything, we should just remove any boards that aren't a hobby or interest, with the exception of /b/
>>
>>344507
On 2ch, one person bumping 50 threads every day doesn't eliminate a substantial portion of the board.
>>
>>344422
Why is /r9k/ still here then?
>>
Is eceleb one of them yet?
>>
>>344578
It may be a failure but it's too active to delete.

Better question is why /3/ is still a board.
>>
If you don't like a board then don't go there.

Problem solved.
>>
>>344619
There never was a problem. He's just an idiot.
>>
>>344527

>4chan isn't 2ch,
It has the same origins. Futaba Channel, the site 4chan has code from, is a splinter of that and also has a million boards for niche topics. As I said, they have a board for ramen alone. Still has tons of traffic and discussion.

>What works with them won't necessarily work here.
If our origins come from them, it's safe to say what works there will also work here. Why wouldn't it? It's the same type of site serving the same purpose.

>4chan really doesn't need anymore boards and works best when there isn't a fuckton of them.
I'm sorry. Did you make the entire concept of an anonymous forum? Did you run one that was also the largest forum in the world? Just wondering what your expertise is here besides being a newfag pulling shit out of your ass.
>we should just remove any boards that aren't a hobby or interest, with the exception of /b/

All of the boards are hobbies or interests. Politics is an interest. The humanities are an interest. Shitposting is an interest. Anything can be an interest. So, according to you things should be just dandy because everything added so far has been an interest or a hobby. But I'm not surprised you didn't know that given how little you know of the site's origins or what exactly an anonymous forum is. Let the big boys talk and just shut the fuck up, kid.
>>
>>344619
What if I do like the board and don't want it to become 5 shitty boards?
>>
>>344632
>If our origins come from them, it's safe to say what works there will also work here. Why wouldn't it? It's the same type of site serving the same purpose.
Because Futaba and shit are Japanese sites, while 4chan is a international one. It shares the same code and origins, but that's it, everything else about it is different.
>>
>>344632
>Futaba Channel, the site 4chan has code from
is less successful than 4chan. They should be imitating us, not we them.
>>
>>344658

>Because Futaba and shit are Japanese sites, while 4chan is a international one. It shares the same code and origins, but that's it, everything else about it is different.

So, I'm gonna guess you've never even been there then if you think they're all that different.

>>344666

It's been around for far longer than 4chan and I'm pretty sure even has more traffic last I checked. And it gained this all without even half of the features of 4chan. They only added images being allowed in replies a few years back. As for 2ch, it's the largest forum in the world. 4chan is only the largest western imageboard. Futaba beats 4chan out. To the point where Futaba users came to the site in such droves that they used up bandwith from lurking so much moot had to ban them from the site. It's only recently that they were allowed.

https://www.4chan.org/japanese Which is pretty much what this said. No idea what it means now or if it was changed since I know that Japanese people can post here as I've seen them on /int/. If you think NEETs here are a thing, there's an entire generation of them in Japan.
>>
>>344714
>and I'm pretty sure even has more traffic last I checked.
Nope!
>>
>>344714
>So, I'm gonna guess you've never even been there then if you think they're all that different.
I don't need to go there to know that its different. East culture in comparison to west culture is very different. Anon culture has grown quite massively and I doubt the Japs went the same path as us. 4chan and the likes of Futaba are two different entities

You're argument is nothing more than, 'because x and y share similarities with x being a origin of y, they must be the same and as such the same things will work for both'. Which is wrong and you know it.

Most anons who haven't come from the likes of reddit, generally don't feel the need for any more boards either. One of the biggest reasons is, we don't need them. Another is, board topics should be broad, not small and singular. We don't need to encourage circlejerking and using threads as chatrooms
>>
/his/ and new/s are needed to take the strain off /pol/ both boards are basiclly child boards. I notice we have been getting much better moderation lately as well on /pol/ finally....
>>
>>344739
Then Hiroyuki should discuss this with /pol/ so they can weigh in on whether they want to split the board.
>>
>>344732

>You're argument is nothing more than, 'because x and y share similarities with x being a origin of y, they must be the same and as such the same things will work for both'. Which is wrong and you know it.

In this case X and Y are all but copypaste in terms of the site and the site's purpose with the only thing being different is the users. Futaba only allows Japanese people to post. That's not enough of a difference to say what works there won't work here. It's the same type of site serving the same purpose. Just because it's mainly Japanese people on one site doesn't mean that all changes. You need to tone down this creepy Jap worship, weeb. It's fucking weird.

>Most anons who haven't come from the likes of reddit, generally don't feel the need for any more boards either.

Before Reddit was even thought of we had shit like 420chan, 7chan, 99chan, and a million other imageboards popping up. Why? Because they served niches that 4chan did not or they disagreed with the moderation. So, no, stop blaming it all on Reddit, you dumb newfag.

>One of the biggest reasons is, we don't need them.

Boards like /his/ were long overdue. And /aco/. People had a desire for said board. We didn't NEED it, but then again, 4chan doesn't NEED to exist either if you want to get that technical. If all we focused on were needs we'd still be nomads hunting and gathering. People want things and have interests in things that you don't.

>Another is, board topics should be broad, not small and singular. We don't need to encourage circlejerking and using threads as chatrooms

All of the board topics are broad and cover a wide variety of possible discussions. The only two boards to break this rule outside of the art boards are /mlp/ and /vp/. And borderline cases like /gd/ and /3/. That's it. Everything else is broad and allows for a wide range of topics. Try lurking more before spewing shit.
>>
>>344752
Futaba is shit. Do you want us to remove half the site features and add upvotes?
>>
>>344745
mods are gods.

Every time i go on /his/ i see /pol/ tier topics while impotent leftists rage and stamp their feet. We are expanding and it is a good thing,

>half /pol/
>full /pol/ out of reach of faggot mods
>/his/
>/new/s

The future is bright anon,
>>
>>344759

You've got poor reading comprehension. I'm using it as an example in terms of the number of boards. Stop being stupid and actually read the posts before just opening your mouth and saying dumb things. And Futaba doesn't have upvotes. It's not fucking Reddit. Their lack of an extension is a good thing, though. Possibly the only good thing I'd say. 4chan allowing it just turned this place into a glorified twitch chatroom.
>>
>>344752
>You need to tone down this creepy Jap worship, weeb. It's fucking weird.
>using weeb unironically
Besides that, I never once praised japs in any form fuck face, I said we are different.

>with the only thing being different is the users
Thats the fucking point you idiot. The userbase is different, the way we do things are different, the dick you sucked last night is different to the ones they suck. The only similarities is the site design and that's it. What works with them won't necessarily work with us, because we do things very differently

>Before Reddit was even thought of we had shit like 420chan, 7chan, 99chan, and a million other imageboards popping up. Why? Because they served niches that 4chan did not or they disagreed with the moderation. So, no, stop blaming it all on Reddit, you dumb newfag.
Those popped up because moot would do something a group didn't like, and they then decided to declare 4chan is dead and then move to another site. Most of the time they return because they the site just simply dies, and/or is generally just a circlejerk

>All of the board topics are broad and cover a wide variety of possible discussions
Yea and there isn't many more topics to add, nor do we need the ability to talk about every topic there is, as such we don't need any more. The majority of the boards people want now are splits and those are retarded and pointless
>>
File: file.png (199 KB, 989x358) Image search: [Google]
file.png
199 KB, 989x358
>>344766
>Futaba doesn't have upvotes.
>>
>>344770
I'm gonna try creating a Seraph thread on /a/ with that exact OP and see how it works out.
>>
File: image.png (149 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149 KB, 500x500
>>344418
>3 new boards
>ZOMG NEW BOARDS EVERYWHERE

Reminder that when moot made boards he'd make 4 or 5 at a time, this guy has done 3 total so far and people are freaking out.

Also Hiro bought the site so he can do what he wants with it, if you disagree then sue him.
>>
4chan should be limited to 10 boards.

Keep these:

/a/
/b/
/c/
/d/
/h/
/v/
/tv/
/mu/
/pol/
/sp/

Delete the rest
>>
>>344885
Fuck off, Randy.
>>
>>344423
Yet still no NSFW /l/.
>>
>>344770

That's not an upvote. That doesn't determine if a post is hidden or not. It's a cosmetic "this is funny/right" button. It just says "that's right!" when you click it. Does absolutely nothing, unlike on Reddit where it does determine something and isn't cosmetic. So, comparing it to an upvote is false.
>>
>>344418
I hope /his/ and new/ creation means /pol/ gets deleted in a timely manner.
>>
>>344948
But that sounds exactly like an upvote, on a site that doesn't have downvotes. Off the top of my head Disqus also has such a system.
>>
>>344714
You should really stop spewing misinformation.
>>
>>344418
surprise surprise, hiro is a newfag cunt who doesn't know how to manage this site and just makes random boards based on /qa/ whining
>>
>>344418
>Hiro is trying to improve this site unlike moot
>faggots are still crying
lmao
>>
We literally had 4-5 threads with 500 replies+ asking for splitting /v/ and instead he adds boards nobody asked for.
>>
>>344619
What if the board comes to you instead?
>>
>>344885
fuck off
>>
>>344418
Every board that's been created so far has a purpose with the exception of /trash/.
>>
>>345088
>splitting /v/
>again
What the fuck is wrong with you guys?
What do you want to be split off from /v/ now, YouTube celebrities? I agree that those are cancer, but that's where self-moderation should have come - you let the cancer stay, and now it's spread to uncontrollable levels.
>>
>>344619
Do you not think it's a problem that large boards are subreddited into smaller boards? I am horrified of /a/ being split into /a/nime and /ma/nga.
>>
>>344962
/pol/ gets deleted and where do you think their users will go? /his/ and /new/, and promptly shit them up.
>>
>>345266
>I am horrified of /a/ being split into /a/nime and /ma/nga.
How is this a problem? Why are you guys so afraid of having to maintain more open tabs at a time in exchange for higher quality, less cluttered discussion?

t. 2ch.hk, website with 7+ different boards for videogames and 5 boards for /a/ and /jp/ topics, comfy as fuck desu
>>
>>345108
>asking 14-year-olds to self-moderate

DOHOHO
>>
>>345295
Because a community that has been together for 12 years will be fractured for the sake of subredditization.
>>
>>345299
>community that has been together for 12 years
There's no such thing on 4chan. Everyone is anonymous. If thunder struck from the sky and slain half of /a/'s userbase, you wouldn't able to tell except for discussion becoming less hectically fast and cluttered.

>subreddization
It's bad because it's remotely similar to what reddit does? Shit, better not have boards at all then
>>
>>345088
Sure is nice, innit? :^)

>>345108
Yes, e-celeb shit and not playing, but watching games.
>Why can't you guys self-moderate?
/v/ is not a tight-knit community to the degree /a/ is and they can barely agree on anything. Self-moderation for /v/ at this stage would just be shitposting any game topic a big enough chunk of the board doesn't like, which is happening already. Unsurprisingly, this doesn't work because the mods don't do enough moderating scaled to our level of thread and post creation even though /v/ is always the board with most bans in the ban list.

Getting rid of e-celeb shit is one of the few things most of /v/ wants because they realize the board needs to be slowed down to make it easier to moderate.

>>345297
This isn't a case of "absolutely none of them can self-moderate", it's a case of "/v/'s too fucking big now and they can't get low-quality new posters off their board even when they constantly report and hide threads".

If /a/ was the same size as /v/ it'd be having problems regardless of who is visiting it and the fact most of the mods camp there.

>>345299
Do you genuinely think the community has been together for 12 years in that everyone from the start of the site has stayed and not left for other sites and that new posters haven't swarmed your board at any point, let alone posters changing over different periods of time?

Because that's not the case.

>subredditization
It's hiro's experience of splitting things into multiple boards to the point of redundancy and it working out well for his former site.

Like moot, he listens to /a/ the most, so if /a/ doesn't want a split, it's not getting a split. (It shouldn't get one.)
>>
>>345319
You're argument is essentially boiling down to "it should happen because why not?".
>>
>>344610

>/3/
>never bothered going there
>check it out
>the oldest active thread is from fucking june

lel
>>
>>344442
There is a /news/ board? Holy shit why?
>>
>>344638

Nice hyperbole
>>
>>345295
Because there is no fucking need to, the board is perfectly ok how it is.

>Why are you guys so afraid of having to maintain more open tabs at a time in exchange for higher quality, less cluttered discussion?
>higher quality
You can't seriously think this. You can't seriously think more generals and circlejerking is a good thing?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.