[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thread Tagging
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 133635.gif (1009 KB, 390x219) Image search: [Google]
133635.gif
1009 KB, 390x219
One of the biggest problems that 4chan has is finding content that you want to see.

A lot of boards are catch all boards for closely related topics, like /asp/, /his/, /co/, and /tv/ for example. This forces people to wade through crap, like wrestling for example, that they'll much rather hide to find the threads that they want to see.

The usual solution is just to split the boards, but this is not ideal because it makes the boards too slow and it splits the community.

So I think the best thing thing to do is to create a tagging system.

Before creating a thread, you'll need to pick a tag, which are put in place by the 4chan staff. For example, /his/ would have three tags: History, Philosophy, and Religion.

If you put the wrong tag on a thread, the mods and/or janitors can change it or just delete your thread if its malicious.

Not all boards need to have this, and its up to Hiro to decide if a board should have a particular tag. But this will make it way easier to filter threads that you don't want to see on a lot of boards. And you can do neat stuff with the extension like filter all wrestling threads except threads that mention John Cena, or stuff like that.
>>
>>342096
>This forces people to wade through crap

Anon, that's the point of the site.

"Finding a diamond among the mountains of shit"

Filters are for faggoty redditors who can't handle seeing something they don't like regardless.
>>
>>342099
This. I agree that splitting boards is fucking stupid, but splitting boards happened for the same reason that OP wants tagging. These faggots want a serious site. This is a shitty site, with an underlying weeb as fuck culture, with asshole because its the internet. Fuck the fact that everyone want to turn this into another average forum, instead of the fun joke of an imageboard its supposed to be.
>>
>>342110

Exactly, there's this massive entitlement mindset now on the site.

Too dumb to work out when someone is samefaggying? PLS GIB IDs AND FLAGS.

Got an opinion that's slightly alternative? OMG FUCK OFF /POL/.

Got a niche that literally nobody cares about? GIBS BOARD,

See an internal board issue thread of a board that you never go on which has no impact on your home board? DURR HUR GOTS HAVE MUH INPUT
>>
>>342126
Basically, everyone is a selfish and lazy faggot who either doesn't want to go to another site or wants to turn this one into a hugbox. Unnecessary boards like /mlp/ or /trash/ should be deleted and have their shit posted where they belong, like /co/, and shit that doesn't belong needs to be sent off to be deleted, and the users redirected to other sites where there posts belong. /b/ is containment enough, and anyone who still cares about /b/'s quality is living in the past, or wasn't here in the past and can't let go of the fact that they missed it. Granted I'm a biased faggot who wouldn't mind this place as weeb as it used to be, but I don't want a fucking board for everything. It's like no one here understands the place.
>muh ids
>b-but itll make less sameposting n stuffs
The fact that you don't know who anyone fucking is, is the point. The more popular this place gets the worse it gets. Remember how shit /q/ was? Everyone trying to change every board to there own liking.
>>
File: 4chan pony board population 2015.png (152 KB, 1918x1016) Image search: [Google]
4chan pony board population 2015.png
152 KB, 1918x1016
>>342225
>Unnecessary boards like /mlp/
That board has a population of 10000 people and they keep their shit to themselves and the money made from advertisement is actually beneficial to the rest of the site.
If you merge /mlp/ and /co/ it would become pure chaos and drama.
>>
What about you faggots use the subject field properly instead of being retarded
>>
>>342099
>>342110
>>342126
You sound like you need to fuck off to /b/ and /v/
>>
>>342306

Lauren pls
>>
>>342099
>>342110
Not all people who come here do for ebin maymays and endless shitposting
Kill yourselves you cancerous fucks, this is the attitude that killed this site
>>
>>342254
Like I said, I don't have anything against them, but the existence of the board being that people couldn't handle the shitposting is stupid.
>>342316
The problem is that you don't need to be reddit, with your heavily moderated, specific as hell pages, just to have a serious discussion. Plenty of boards can have serious discussion when they want, all we need is moderation to delete the obvious worst shitposts. Making serious discussion obligatory is fucking stupid, but allowing people to only be stupid is equally dumb. You stupid fucking niggers need to realize that we don't need to be reddit to have good discussion, that when we do its mixed in with shit because the majority of people here are going to have shit opinions, and that maybe if your interests didn't lead you into shit threads, and you weren't so autistic that you can't ignore shitty posts on the internet, you'd be able to see tons of decent or even good discussion when you look for it, it just happens to have shit all around it, like any other site. Its just that the shit on here is blatantly shit.
>>
ranka is kawaii
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.