[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ID's still fucking exist in 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1444890797164.jpg (497 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1444890797164.jpg
497 KB, 1000x1000
>ID's still fucking exist in 2015
>>
Alright autismos, I see the downfall of flags,but what's your gripe with IDs?Are they really that bad? Have you been to /biz/?
I'm not suggesting they be a site wide thing either, I'm just saying they aren't as bad as flags
>>
>>341694
IDs = defacto thread based tripcodes
>>
>>341699
they reset each thread
>>
IDs are necessary because the people on this site are too retarded to behave properly without them.
>>
>>341710
Explain why other boards are fine without IDs? /his/ has some good discussion whenever mods don't delete every thread. Same with /sci/ and /x/.
>>
>>341706
>thread based
>>341710
most boards don't have ID's
>>
>>341720
Because other boards aren't quite as retarded as /pol/. CERTAIN other boards. /v/, for example, could really use IDs.
>>
>>341724
tell me what's so bad about them, then
>>
>>341729
Every post should stand on its own merits. The poster of a post doesn't matter, only the content of individual posts. You are not having a conversation with individual users when posting on 4chan, so being able to identify somebody's post history in a thread is needless and distracting.
>>
>>341736
If only that were how it worked in reality. But it isn't, so we need IDs so that retards aren't allowed to be retarded.
>>
>>341738
They would ever be only possibly, perhaps needed on /pol/, /tv/, /b/ and /v/.
>>
>>341738
>But it isn't
Uh, yes it is? That's why IDs shit up the boards so much. Only thing worse is flags.
>>
>>341745
Show me a specific example of IDs ruining a /pol/ thread.
>>
>>341772
The threads are ruined from the start because everybody has IDs.
>>
>>341774
Show us an example.
Go to /pol/ and bring back one thread.
Do it.
>>
>>341774
I knew you'd make a stupid cop-out post like this instead of actually answering the question. Know why? Because you don't actually care about what happens and are just trolling. So how about you fuck right off, mister?
>>
>>341790
But it's true. The entire spirit of the board is suffering under the weight of forced IDs.
>>
File: _cap1.png (223 KB, 851x450) Image search: [Google]
_cap1.png
223 KB, 851x450
>>341779
>>
>>341814
>10/29/15
So out of thousands of threads on /pol/, you cherrypicked one from two weeks ago.
>>
>>341822
Could have literally posted any thread from any time sine IDs were forced on /pol/. Don't you get it? IDs (and flags) have destroyed /pol/.
>>
>>341823
No, go on /pol/ and show me a thread. Don't use a cop-out and dodge the question. You're going to go and cite some fucking evidence.
>>
>>341814
> /b/ tier, 1 in 100, 34 reply thread
>>341823
>Don't you get it?! IDs (and flags) have destroyed /pol/!

Sounds like the cries of a defeated /pol/ poster who stepped out of his hugbox and realized he wasn't in control
>>
>>341640
IT'S 2015!!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.