[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /qa/ when did they add sound for webms and why did nobody tell me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: dream_435c321d5d (2).jpg (127 KB, 640x475) Image search: [Google]
dream_435c321d5d (2).jpg
127 KB, 640x475
Hey /qa/ when did they add sound for webms and why did nobody tell me?
>>
>>341294
Only on /gif/ and /wsg/.
>>
Right after moot left.
>>
>>341294
why aren't they on every board? it starts muted anyways so who cares about screamers
>>
>>341355
You can link to youtube videos if you want sound.
This is an image board. Think of webms are really long and HD gifs
>>
>>341423
>This is an image board.
Really tired of this shitty excuse.

By that logic we should remove all text.
>>
>>341355
moot wanted to uphold the image board system and not make youtube the chatroom edition
>>
>>341448
That's a horribly misinformed argument and you know it.
Do some research on what the concept of an imageboard is.
>>
>>341423
>>341511
Name one way in which sound webms would be anything other than an improvement.
>>
>>341585
inb4 screamers
>>
>>341294
because
>>
>>341585
There isn't really a point for them. If you want to share sound webms there are 2 perfectly good boards that allow it. You could easily make a thread about a specific topic on /gif/ and /wsg/.

This is 4chan, shitposters would find away to abuse sound webms and shit up discussion.
>>
>>342335
>There isn't really a point for them.
Don't be silly, you might as well say there's no point for gifs and webms at all. Having sound increases the amount of information you can convey in a post.

>This is 4chan, shitposters would find away to abuse sound webms and shit up discussion.
They'll find a way to shit up discussion regardless.
>>
>>342335
There is a huge point for them on any board that has a video-audio medium focus, like /mu/ /v/ and /tv/

Youtube links can already be embedded, all webms are presumably going to be user created, not allowing sound only encourages more "youtube chatroom" and lack of creativity than otherwise.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.