[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boogeyman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: Boogeyman.jpg (48 KB, 377x355) Image search: [Google]
Boogeyman.jpg
48 KB, 377x355
>gaiafags
>ebaum's
>Boxxyfags
>furries
>summerfags
>an0n-talk
>9fag
>redditors
>bronies
>normies
>shills
>tumblr
>sjw's
>a bunch of more board specific ones

I know 4chan almost always had a boogeyman to blame but it seems we haven't really moved on much past the redditor phase. I remember the great redditor panic and moot briefly filtering it years ago. I thought we'd move on but obviously I was wrong.

Who will 4chan's next boogeyman be?
>>
Oh future-kun, when will you ever learn?
>>
>>339274
Reddit for a long time. Most of possibly dangerous sites are dead already, 9gag isn't a threat anymore, the Tumblr panic seems to be more quiet lately, while the Reddit panic is beginning to achieve the cancer banana from /b/ level. Maybe Facebook (and Twitter I guess, but I don't use Twitter), I've seen many 4chan memes from normie sites liked by my normie friends.

Also /pol/, but these faggots' bogeyman status is fully deserved.
>>
>>339293
>but these faggots' bogeyman status is fully deserved.
No. /pol/ does not spread. It's people coming to us and getting indoctrinated and then going back to their real boards.
>>
>>339274
read this whole thread
>>331218
We are already in a cold war with 8gag, with infiltrators and spies everywhere. Especially considering who the new owner is over there.
>>
File: kek.gif (696 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
696 KB, 327x316
>>339413
>We are already in a cold war with 8gag, with infiltrators and spies everywhere.
topkek
You can't fight when the other side is already dead
8gag has like 10 users total
>>
>>339415
tell it to the guys who have spammed over 120 threads in the last week about their tinfoil anti-hillary documents quest
>>
>>339274
You forgot
>newfags
But to answer your question, I think there will be none. 8gag had potential but never really became big enough to be "scared of".
>>
File: 1421548854137.jpg (61 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1421548854137.jpg
61 KB, 600x800
>>339293
>cancer banana from /b/
I really really really like that picture tho
>>
File: 1438455460713.png (51 KB, 319x384) Image search: [Google]
1438455460713.png
51 KB, 319x384
>>339413
>We are already in a cold war with 8gag, with infiltrators and spies everywhere.

Please stop posting anytime.

Either they're a big and scary force, or they're literally faggots who don't do anything. It always seems to flip whenever a scapegoat is needed and crying 'reddit' just won't fit the bill.
>>
>>339433
Let me know when you actually read the thread I linked to and look at any of the several screenshots proving what I'm saying.
>>
>>339310
Yeah, you infect them and they spread.
>>
File: 1415293157466.png (154 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1415293157466.png
154 KB, 500x500
>>339413
>COLD WAR!!!!!111
>INFILTRATORS AND SPIES EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111
18+ website.
>>
>>339442
see
>>339440
I'm 39 and what is this.
>>
>>339440
Let me know when you actually grow up and stop crying about how little Timmy is touching poop and won't stop.

Or better yet, let me know when they do... what ever evil thing your afraid of, to the rest of this website. In the mean time, I'll be ignoring them, because I'm not a high functioning retard like you.
>>
>>339461
>if I ignore it, it will go away!
So you're in denial then? Attacking me isn't going to make the very real boogeyman become just a tinfoil figment of my imagination.

I didn't have anything to do with the screenshots in that thread but I know they are real because I've seen them before, not that you would care to actually address that issue. It isn't about how much traffic 8gag gets, it's that the mods sanction and join in on trying to go after this place. They leave up threads about raiding this place that would get deleted here. see >>338582 for just one example.
>>
File: tony.png (134 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
tony.png
134 KB, 334x393
>>339444
>admitting to being 39 years old and still browsing this Fijian farting-huffing forum
wew lad
>>
>>339274
normies are the newest boogieman, but they seen as synonymous with reddit.

When it comes to sites, we don't even have rivals anymore. Seems reddit paranoia will stay.
>>
>>339498
I'm young compared to some people who browse /pol/.

>>339538
8gag is the newest boogieman. Nobody seriously fears normies.
>>
I have no real reason to pay attention to these 'boogeymen.' I only frequent the art boards desu
>>
>>339846
reddit detected
>>
>>339274
>gaiafags
Not a boogeyman. At least not for 4chan. They would shit up Newgrounds constantly.
>ebaum's
Not a boogeyman. Ebaums stole content from many sites, especially YTMND.
>Boxxyfags
Not a boogeyman. Just annoying.
>furries
Not a boogeyman. Just annoying.
>summerfags
This is probably the only actual boogeyman on this list.
>an0n-talk
Holy shit you are fucking retarded if you think a site responsible for relentless spambotting is a boogeyman. Fucking off yourself.
>9fag
Not a boogeyman. Just really fucking stupid and annoying.
>redditors
Are you kidding me, faggot? People openly admit to migrating here from there.
>tfw that will never be a bannable offense
>bronies
A boogeyman for /v/ kiddies and reddit fags. For the rest of us, we dont care.
>normies
There's retards posting their faces on /b/ right now.
>shills
Paid shills are real. Stop being a cunt.
>tumblr
Tumblr has shitty failed raids on 4chan all the time.
>sjw's
See above. Fucking hell you might as well have written Tumblr twice.

tl;dr - Kill yourself.
>>
>>339947
>any of those
>not boogeymen
holy shit just shut the fuck up you raging autist
>>
>>339954
But what would this farce of a board be without raging autists writing repetitive screeds every day?
>>
Why exactly did you list AT as a "boogeyman"? I get the others but that's some registered sex offender's site and he posted spam links nonstop around that time period. It's not a boogeyman, but a legitimate annoyance we had to deal with until they finally figured out how to stop him.
>>
>>340122

Because OP wanted to pad his shitty list to make his shit arguments look more legitimate.

Anyone that says the word "boogeyman" is probably some Tumblr cunt.
>>
>>340306
Are you a Boogeyman?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oAr4t5kK40
>>
File: 1440547678080.jpg (35 KB, 400x504) Image search: [Google]
1440547678080.jpg
35 KB, 400x504
>>339947
>bronies
>A boogeyman for /v/ kiddies and reddit fags. For the rest of us, we dont care.
You obviously weren't arround when mlp was at its peak,there was som much shitposting and pony cancer that /mlp/ was made to contain it.
>>
>>340396

The shitposting was from the people that got analcrucified when they saw a cartoon horse.

And you still cant post a pony on certain boards without the thread getting derailed.
5 years later and still butt blasted. Fucking pathetic rofl.
>>
>>340403
Not him but...
I remember that MLP got so out of hand on /co/ that it was punished to be kept in a single general that would reach 1300 replies on a regular basis (This is insane for a thread to reach this high without sticky especially in 2011.)
Then it got leaked to /b/ then all of the shitposting caught the attention of even more curious people who later on became ponyfags and the last time it was still allowed on /co/ the pony threads reached 7000 posts in /co/.
They actually managed to KILL the website once.
That was the time that Global Rule 15 got established , things have changed in the last 3 years and 9 months , /mlp/ actually cares about 4chan , everytime something significant happens I learn it on /mlp/ faster than any board else.
/mlp/ was one of the first boards to discover that you would need to have 4chan pass if you want to shitpost more than 500 posts a day. (This happened in September 2014)
They don't even identify as bronies , and the reason for that is simple , it got cliched , it lost all of it's actual meaning and the faggots who put that label on themselves know nothing about 4chan.

See:

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Meepsheep's_Law
>>
>>339274
Most of these aren't completely boogeymen, it just happens that le website war faggots and shitposters not knowing how to make a post more original than a textbook comeback have diluted their definitions.
>>
This retarded hyper-mccarthyism has gotten so much worse over the last ~2-3 years. I've been finding myself slowly slipping back to traditional anime forums and anime blogs.
>>
>>340576
>yellow flight
this destroys communities and leaves them blighted for decades. take some responsibility.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.