[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>art boards like /lit/, old /mu/ and /tv/ encouraged elitism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10
File: 1304376955947.png (457 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1304376955947.png
457 KB, 600x450
>art boards like /lit/, old /mu/ and /tv/ encouraged elitism through demanding exploring the medium and improving one's interest and knowledge in medium through the years.

>/a/ encourages elitism through telling anyone who asks for anything or disagress with the board to fuck off and spamming threads they don't like to hell, almost no knowledge in the medium is required
>>
>make a shit thread
>get sitposted to death
Seems about right.
>>
>/mu/ and /tv/ are now dead meme infested shitholes
>/lit/ would have gone the same way if not for it's inherently superior topic
>>
There's been a lot of these threads lately regarding /a/. Did something major happen or something?
>>
>>338121
Nah, /qa/ just turned into /q/
>>
>>338120
And /tv/ is proud of being "the meme factory"
>>
You forgot to mention they will tell you to kill yourself if you watch anime any way they don't like
>>
>>338268
Assblasted dubfag/streamfag/vlcfag spotted
>>
>>338272
>acting this autistic over how other people watch things

I don't even stream or watch dubs, this post just shows how insecure you people are
>>
>>338277
>settle with inferior experience and flaunt about it on /a/
>get mocked for it
>whine about in /qa/
I wonder who is the insecure one in here
>>
>>338282
>inferior experience
It's fucking anime, watching it on 240p or 1080p won't change how well it is written and animated
I have been downloading anime exclusively now but I can still understand why some people stream it and the people who get assmad about it are fucking laughable
>>
>>338282
>tfw you stream but never tell anyone
>>
>>338294
>visual quality doesn't matter on a visual medium
All of my kek.

Also you are free to watch anime however you like just don't go talk about your shitty streams on /a/ and expect not to be called a retard and laughed at.
>>
>>338272
>>338282
Is arguing about streaming and dubs the /a/ equivalent of framerate threads on /v/?
>>
>>338298
>visual medium
It barely matters when anime actually uses very lazy animations and lots of still images, only movies are worth downloading in HD
>>
>>338300
I'm not a retard and don't browse /v/, so I wouldn't know
>>
>>338303
Do you even play games?
It's basically about fact that 30 FPS is objectively better than 30, but people still defend 30 saying bullshit like 60 looks unnatural and human eye can't see beyond 24
>>
>>338304
Yeah, downloading anime or even downloading stream rips and watching them in a decent player is objectively superior to streaming it. but idiots try to defend and rationalize it, and when they get called out they come to /qa/ to whine about how /a/ hurt their feefees
>>
/a/ really needs a reality check and realize that they're the worst board. And this is coming from an /a/non.
>>
>>338304
There is a difference in that all anime can be downloaded and watched in a decent player, unlike most games that come in a fixed framerate. There is literally no reason to suffer through this unlike with games.
>>
>>338307
i enjoy the feeling of watching /a/ recoil in horror when they hear that most of the anime i watch is streamed from crunchyroll to my phone

tamaran
>>
>>338317
>And this is coming from an /a/non.
Somehow I doubt it, prove it.
>>
File: Trollface.png (73 KB, 755x1255) Image search: [Google]
Trollface.png
73 KB, 755x1255
>>338319
>recoil in horror
Sure is delusions of grandeur in here
>>
>2015
>not dedicating yourself to posting on /a/ just to rile them up with their normalfag and 3DPD phobia
/a/ is really easy to be baited, it's not funny.
>>
>>338319
>>338319
I personally enjoy telling newfags to fuck off, it's a fun way to pass the time.
>>
>>338302
Can't tell if piss-poor bait or just retarded
>>
>>338324
see
>>338323
>>
>>338331
I'm not a scrub though so that image means jack shit to me.
>>
File: damage control.jpg (109 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
damage control.jpg
109 KB, 650x650
>>338333
>>
>>338335
Whatever, /a/utist. See you in the next bait thread on /a/.
>>
>>338338
K, stay buttmad.
>>
File: 1446530013946.jpg (188 KB, 500x555) Image search: [Google]
1446530013946.jpg
188 KB, 500x555
/a/ is just a toilet that gets flushed slightly more often than others.
>>
>>338095
>almost no knowledge of the medium is required
100% bullshit. Literally the polar opposite of the truth; you clearly have never used the place.

/a/ will call you a newfag if you haven't watched at least 200 series, which is the bare minimum. Even so a newfag is not defined by shows watched so much as what he says, how much he has learned, as there are many facets of knowledge besides just the shows themselves. If you claim to have seen 700+ series but still talk exactly like a newfag who has just gotten started, people see right through that.

/a/ tells people like OP to fuck off so much precisely -because- he must have said something that made it obvious he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. If you don't say stupid newfag shit, you won't get told to fuck off. If you don't understand what you said that immediately gave you away as a newfag, well, you simply factually are one, how hard is that to get?

Newfags on /a/ need to lurk far more than speak, most especially if they want to make some grand sweeping statements about the medium or some genre etc. There are tens (if not hundreds) of millions of people who have half-baked theories and ideas on anime and its fans based off one or two series or movies they saw 15 years ago. They don't have any interesting insights but many of them -think- they do (the term for that is "sciolist"), and no one likes talking with an obvious pretend expert bullshitter. /a/ is not there to teach you, but you can learn from it by lurking (for years ideally). Most importantly we'd a million times rather discuss shit we actually are interested in than waste our free time carefully guiding newfags through tutorial mode over and over./a/nons just want to chill rather than lecture newfags. Newfags make the environment shitty by saying cringey stupid shit all day long hence we say lurk, which means shut up and observe things.
>>
>>338351
Can I suck your dick?
>>
>>338272
Do people on /a/ really get mad over what video player you use? What is the fucking point in that?
>>
>>338367
Not per se, the mad is just at outsiders, which can be anything from how you talk to how you watch anime
>>
>>338351
Fucking kek.

Nobody on /a/ watches anime that isn't currently airing, and they've never seen anything that's from before they started coming to /a/.
>>
>>338095
Are you surprised?

/a/ has more tryhards than any other board
>>
>>338367
They don't really get mad, they just laugh at people who use shit players like VLC, but of course soem people don't take well being laughed at and assume everybody else got mad as a defense mechanism
>>
>>338371
>Nobody on /a/ watches anime that isn't currently airing, and they've never seen anything that's from before they started coming to /a/.
No, I just don't talk about stuff from before the season because I already did, dozens of times, so it's boring and just develops into imagedumps.
You came late to the party to discuss bebop newfag.
>>
>>338371
Super cool story.

I bet you tried to make a shitty entry level shit from ages ago and got no replies because it has been discussed to death several times already
>>
>>338323
my setup works perfectly well for me, being the cancer killing fansubbing just comes free on the side

>>338325
looks like we're a good match

>>338351
>/a/ tells people like OP to fuck off so much precisely -because- he must have said something that made it obvious he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.
i once said the waifu thread was terrible (in proper grammar, even) and someone argued that i must be a horrible new poster from 2014 for the better part of an hour
>>
>>338375
That's a really convenient excuse for "I've never seen any other anime than what is showing right now." It lets you pretend to be knowledgeable without ever having to prove it. GG /a/utist

Also
>muh bebop boogeyman
Never fails to get a chuckle out of me
>>
Why does /a/ always assume that the only people that hate them are people dying to be let into their little secret club?

Why would anybody want to post about fucking anime? Especially on a board that's literally 95% waifushit
>>
>>338384
>Why would anybody want to post about fucking anime?
tanoshii yo
>>
>>338381
I don't really care what you think anon, the elitism is the majority and your butthurt cruzade is good to keep them trained, I personally care little but I do enjoy the benefits of outsiders being shunned, so i've gotta thank you.
>>
>>338367
A lot of /a/ are /g/ type computer nerds. Programmers, sysadmins etc, serious geeks who walk the walk and so might crucify you on /g/ for saying (for example) all mp3 encodings sound the same.

Given such, using a shitty video player on there is as big a faux pas as wearing out of date, mismatched clothes is to a /fa/ user for example. Or unironically liking Coldplay on /mu/.
>>
>>338384
>Why does /a/ always assume that the only people that hate them are people dying to be let into their little secret club?
Probably because 99% of the threads about /a/ are about how /a/ is a bunch of meanies that made fun of them for saying some stupid shit and demanding /a/ to cave in and carter to them
>>
>>338387
literally all you have to do to fit into /a/ is yell at outsiders, you don't actually have to know anything about anime
>>
>>338391
Spoilers: Random shitposting is not "fitting in"
>>
>>338391
You must have been very little on /a/ to think that. If i say eleven, you'd have to know what anime that comes from, the fish, etc.
95% of the boards contents and traditional threads are irrational if you haven't seen the related anime, which almost no one will tell you what they are, so that's why you'd think that.
I bet you only ever go to OPM and eva threads too.
>>
>>338396
It is though. Literally no one calls out on your shit and they even support you for it.
>>
>all these /a/utists in damage control in fucking /qa/
my sides.
>>
>>338095
what did you expect from a bunch of wannabe 13375 that felt under their own hypocrisy?
>>
>>338399
Only if you do it to newfags, in a measured way, or in newfag threads (like: hey, i just saw x on toonami, what you think about it??)
If i were to go into say, a fish thread and spam it i'd be laughed at and banned. How long have you been on /a/ for you to be dis misinformed? 3 days?
>>
>>338399
>hey look ma! somebody called out an obvious newfag after I did, I'm totally fitting in!
>>
>>338404
10 years.
>>
>>338402
see
>>338323
>>
>>338402
>a couple of /a/nons laughing at all the normies, casuals and crossboarders getting triggered by /a/
>damage control
>>
>>338412
That's a long time to spend only on /b/ anon, most of us grew out of that in 08
>>
>>338413
You can stop linking back to your image fag. it's shit.
>>
File: 1417220792802.jpg (17 KB, 291x308) Image search: [Google]
1417220792802.jpg
17 KB, 291x308
>>338418
>not browsing /b/
>>
>>338420
see
>>338335
>>
>>338391
Not if you actually have to talk about the subject itself, most especially in a meta context. If you just pretend to agree with what everyone else is saying yeah you can fit in. That isn't unique to /a/ though; you can instsntly blend into any board by mimicking it closely. Doing so is fucking meaningless though as it just takes advantage of anon posting and completely bypasses your real thoughts on subjects, hence you are just sucking the board's dick out of paranoia of trying to fit in.

Being a yes-man hidden in the crowd does not make you an expert either, and if you still say something obviously uninformed/newfaggy no one will credit you that you were a yes-man all those other times and immediately will pounce on the newfag. That is one of the beautiful things about anon posting.
>>
>>338417
You have no idea what damage control is do you?
>>
/a/ is nothing but a parody of itself these days. All the good posters are either dead or moved on to other chans.
>>
>>338435
No, they are just in the pseudo generals.
>>
>>338426
It's ertainky not making fun of people saying stupid, uninformed shit but hey

>He's pointing out the flaws in my argument, he's clearly mad and doing damage control!

Stay mad.
>>
File: 1443979099283.jpg (59 KB, 760x340) Image search: [Google]
1443979099283.jpg
59 KB, 760x340
>>338435
that's no surprise. only one board stayed true to its nature
>>
>>338367
People don't really give a fuck how you watch your anime, what they care about, is when you came in talking about how you like eating shit and then try to defend eating shit
>>
>>338442
>/co/
>good
Pick neither an kill yourself
>>
>>338458
no you moron, that pic was an example. if you can't tell which board i had in mind then fuck off with your new ass
>>
>>338371
>Nobody on /a/ watches anime that isn't currently airing, and they've never seen anything that's from before they started coming to /a/.
Maybe if your a /v/ermin. Most /a/nons regularly watch shit in their backlog, and theres also regular threads for old shit. They aren't done as much as newer shows, because the topics have already be discussed to hell and back, and most anons just go and read the archive instead of making a new thread
>>
>>338460
My mistake, obviously you meant /b/
>>
>>338461
Archives are cancer to read after you've completed a show and liked it.
>>
>>338458
/co/ was okay pre-MLP. After that, ponies set off some kind of reaction that seems to actively foster similar clingy, hyper obsessed general-circlejerking faggots as MLP's to now sprout up for every major new show they have had since.
>>
>>338317
>they're the worst board.
Impossible.
>>
>>338351
Good joke.

/a/ wouldn't know art if they choked to death on a crayon.
>>
>>338477
Art is a shitty buzzword
>>
File: 1423442167451.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1423442167451.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>338480
>>
File: 1447105973927.jpg (62 KB, 900x810) Image search: [Google]
1447105973927.jpg
62 KB, 900x810
>>338421
>browsing /b/
>>
>>338464
No, archives are fun. I enjoy seeing other people arguing.
>>
File: 1275349923921.png (64 KB, 664x650) Image search: [Google]
1275349923921.png
64 KB, 664x650
>>338485
>this new
it wouldn't be so funny if you weren't from /a/
>>
File: 1447140042575.gif (491 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1447140042575.gif
491 KB, 900x900
>>338494
>>
>>338418
most people grew out of anime by 16
>>
>>338562
Nice timestamp!
>>
>>338465
No, it was not. None of you faggots seem to actually have used /co/ when it was new.
It was fucking shit, filled to the brim with Avatards, deviantart shitflinging, fanfiction circlejerking, and eternal shipping wars. It was shit since the beginning but its not likr any of you fuckers were actually there.
>>
>>338304
>30 FPS is objectively better
Didn't you mean 60 you dummy
>>
>>338377
>>338461
>b-but those shows were already talked to death'!
Yeah, and daily threads about Madoka, moe shows like precure or k-on, idolshit, waifus, best girls, Code Gayass and Evangelion are okay, right?

/a/ is extremely repetitive board, stop making bullshit excuses
>>
>>338095
>1304376955947
Am I guessing this correctly when I say that your costanza's ISHYGDDT image is from 2011?
>>
Step it up /a/utistic f/a/ggots.
/a/ is so delusional that they thought Kill la Kill would change anything for the anime genre , they are living in a fucking time bubble and they think anime is still relevant.
Name ONE 9/10 recent anime , just one.
Besides , Animu and Mango didn't even manage to get in Super Bowl XLIX commercial unlike that pink gay cluster fuck of a shit show that is MLP:FiM.
Not to mention this : https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/46019194
>"Good luck getting lolis into space."
Cracks me up every time.
>>
>>338980
What?
>>
>>338967
Confirmed for not even browsing /a/
>>
>>338095
>meme boards like /tv/ encouraged elitism through demanding exploring the memes and improving one's master plan and knowledge in hotheads through the years.
Fixed that for you, /tv/ is one of the worst boards on this site
>>
>>339008
Old /tv/ was that, apparently, and but so yes, yes it is.
>>
>>338323
>Needing to post shit from ED's troll article.
Yes , the days that /a/ had oldfags are over , instead it is inhabited by faggots like this.
>>
>>338967
>and daily threads about Madoka, moe shows like precure or k-on
These are always done by the same people moron. /a/ doesn't like the idea of generals

You don't even browse /a/ if you didn't know this
>>
>>338351
>>/a/ will call you a newfag if you haven't watched at least 200 series, which is the bare minimum.
This is bait, but I went past 200 a few months ago and I still feel like I just scratched the tip of the iceberg. It is a big medium.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.