[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we please ban Quest threads from /tg/ already or give them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: Rollin that 33.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Rollin that 33.gif
2 MB, 320x180
Can we please ban Quest threads from /tg/ already or give them their own boards? They're fucking cancer. The front page used to be 20% quest threads, so people said "Leave them there, they don't belong anywhere else!"

Then the front page was 50% quest threads. "Well, it's basically like roleplaying, so you should be fine with it, right?"

The front page is now, on average, 80% quest threads. These are not traditional games. They're barely fucking games at all. It's just some fucking autist making a Choose Your Own Adventure-equivalent VN. I know /tg/ wasn't exactly brimming with content before, but now even the D&D/40K/MtG threads are becoming scarce and just replaced with these cancerous fucking quest threads.

They are literally killing /tg/.
>>
Examples :
>>>/tg/43563767
>>>/tg/43565048
>>>/tg/43563371
>>>/tg/43563632
>>>/tg/43564233
>>>/tg/43560759
>>>/tg/43534300
>>>/tg/43565270
>>>/tg/43527630
>>>/tg/43562370

At least these fucks >>>/tg/43552401 keep it all in one general and have their own IRC to keep the cancer to a minimum.
>>
>>336578
>Caring about the front page anymore
>>
Fuck off and die.
Also, this >>336664
>>
>>336664
There's even more if you go into the catalog. I was just using that as a general barometer for how frequent and reoccurring the cancer is.
>>
>>336743
>Implying they're all the same thing
>Implying they take up more than 15% of the board at any one time
>>
>>336743
I count 12, including ones that are inactive and just waiting to fall off of page 10. 13 if you include the CYOA. 14 if you include the Civ thread.
>>
File: dont-believe-his-lies.jpg (95 KB, 620x240) Image search: [Google]
dont-believe-his-lies.jpg
95 KB, 620x240
>>336578
>The front page is now, on average, 80% quest threads.
>>
>>336578
>front page
Best joke of the day.
>>
>>336754
But they're flooding the board and forcing other live 3-hour dead threads off the board! They're keeping D&D/40K/MtG threads off of /tg/!
>>
Looking at the front page right now
Warhammer 40k RPG
Custom MtG Card thread
World of Darkness
Battletech
D&D underdark setting thread
Old school RPGs
Bionicle setting discussion
The first quest on this list
Mouse Guard using lego pieces
D&D 5th edition
Playing a character with depression
The second quest on this list
Warhammer 40k again
Magic The Gathering

This isn't even 30% of the front page.
>>
>>336835
Flooding I say!
>>
File: 1447034184295.png (100 KB, 257x250) Image search: [Google]
1447034184295.png
100 KB, 257x250
>all this irrational elitism against using the front page

Consider that, on slow boards like this one, refreshing the front page to check a couple new posts from multiple threads uses less clicks than switching between tabs.

Not particularly arguing for OP's case, of course I always use the catalog for a specific thread, but I keep seeing the front page taken as completely obsolete when it's not.
>>
>>336841
If the argument that the front page is always completely full of a single type of thread was true, you could do the exact same thing by using the second page, with literally no differences except that your mouse is a few pixels to the right of where it would be if you used the first one.
>>
Fa/tg/uy here, I don't think quests are bad because they hog up the front page, and they're easily filtered since most people who run quests put the word 'quest' in the subject.

I still think quest threads, CYOAs, civ builders, and all that other stuff need their own board though. The arrangement we have now causes way too much infighting a butthurt.
>>
>>336862
A new board would also have to host all the games from other boards.
That means a lot of /a/, /b/, /v/, /d/, and who knows what else. The quality of everything would go down, just to appease a few shitters who can't stand to see things they don't like on "their" board.
>>
>>336868
Except that's already the case on /tg/. We have people from /a/, /co/, and /v/ all coming to /tg/ for the quest threads, because /tg/ was designated the quest thread dumping ground because moot couldn't be bothered to give a shit.
>>
>>336874
That was over a year ago, and every single one of those quests either quietly moved back to their original board when the mods stopped caring (About a week) or have long since ended, either due to concluding their campaign or because the person running it stopped.
A new board would be nothing but Risk and CYOA with a few quests trying to stay afloat under the /b/-tier post volume.
>>
File: LaughingGirls DG.jpg (117 KB, 673x680) Image search: [Google]
LaughingGirls DG.jpg
117 KB, 673x680
>>336578
>The front page is now
>Pic related.

>>336862
You don't give crying babies what they ask for. You give them a time out, or plain ground.
>>
>>336878
/tg/ right now is a bad example because the quests running on weekdays are oddballs that can't compete in the Friday/Saturday rush (where it hits the numbers OP claims), but I'd say the majority of quests very clearly belong on other boards.

I also think quests don't need their own board, but you can't tell me that Waifu Stalking Quest #844 doesn't belong on /a/.
>>
File: quest overflood.jpg (217 KB, 1366x670) Image search: [Google]
quest overflood.jpg
217 KB, 1366x670
>>336924
You quest haters are always so pathetic with your ridiculous hyperbole and fact picking.

http://boards.4chan.org/tg/archive
>ctrl + f "quest"
>Pic related.

>One hundred, seventy nine mentions out of over one thousand threads.
>That includes threads with multiple Quest words on the subject, like "Quest general: what quest are you running today. Remember to ignore quest haters". That counts as 3 mentions.

Through an entire week, the total amount of quest threads are not even close to 20%. They are barely the 15%. And weekend was just yesterday, so that "weekends are the worst!" shit argument won't fly here.

Seriously, I think the large majority of quest threads are shit, but even then, those are more tolerable than this stupid anons babbling random non-sense about stuff they don't like.

P.d.- Go ahead, I challenge you, do the same research for CYOA and other stuff and come back with screencaps. I double challenge you to bring actuals facts into this argument.
>>
>>336944
ctrl + f also catches "Question" and "Request", which pads the numbers even further.
>>
>>336944
>quest haters
>this much projection

I still don't see how Pokemon Master Quest is more relevant to /tg/ than /vp/ other than "is a quest."
>>
>>336951
Not to mention that this is /tg/, and what do adventurers go on?
>>
>>336578
Mods decided Quests go on /tg/ because they didn't want them on /a/.

Don't like it? Tough. The mods don't give a shit about any board that isn't /a/, because they don't use it. Every other board exists to protect them from things they don't like.

The root of your problem is and always will be the mod's constant dicksucking of /a/.
>>
>>336944
There's a shit ton of Quests that don't put the word Quest in the OP.

Quests are literally "I love MSPaint Adventures and wish I were Hussie" threads.
>>
>>336595
I regularly track the IRC and it's ded as fuck.
>>
>>336944
I've never seen facts brought to the argument by the anti-quest side.

>>336924
I agree quests should take place on the relevant board instead of using /tg/ as the dumping ground. The people interested in /a/ or /v/ quests are on /a/ and /v/.
>>
Quests are only on /tg/ in the first place because moot was a shit who didn't want to make a new board. Quests, movie/film/book lore, CYOA, and previously historical arms and armor threads and smut threads are all examples of shit that didn't belong anywhere so moot saddled /tg/ with them since he never cared about /tg/, he just wanted the waifu smut circlejerk threads that now plague us off his precious /a/. Quests are inherently insular, especially when they start hitting double digits on how many threads the quest has go on for. Quests simply don't belong on /tg/ (and really don't belong on 4chan either and should be hosted on some PBP site) and were only ever there to remove clutter from other boards.
>>
>>337793
There's a handful of quests that don't put Quest in the OP. And they're universally called out for it. And putting quest in the OP is not actually a rule. It's done entirely voluntarily.
>>337879
Quests literally started on /tg/ in 2008. Other boards didn't get any quests for at least a couple years after that.
>>
test
>>
>>339921

test
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.