[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have the email and subject-in-reply fields back? There
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: s.png (11 KB, 494x238) Image search: [Google]
s.png
11 KB, 494x238
Can we have the email and subject-in-reply fields back? There was no reason for them to be removed.
>>
Why were they even removed in the first place?
>>
>>333847
"Because I felt like it."

-moot
>>
>>333841
>email

That can stay gone. May as well remove the name field too.

>subject

I don't understand this either but it looks like it was only removed on this board, so it's not even worth complaining about.
>>
>>333866
>it was only removed on this board
what
>>
They were removed because they were only used for "SAGE IN ALL FIELDS" and thus just took up unnecessary space. It was a good decision
>>
>>333874
>took up unnecessary space
Moot apologists are the worst fucking people holy shit
>>
>>333882
Something that is never functionally used but still takes up space is pretty much the definition taking up unnecessary space.
People who can't even form a simple response and just call people names are the worst people
>>
>>333841
Email field is unnecessary when you can just post the email directly.

Subject field is unnecessary outside of OPs because they add nothing of intrinsic value to discussion and replies.
>>
>>333841
I miss the email field for all the jokes it allowed, but it was basically useless.
Subject field was actually useful when you were giving out general replies, introducing a new topic of discussion or needing to make your post more visibly understandable.
>>
>>333841
There is no reason for emails and reply subjects to exist. They were completely useless and nobody used them for their intended purpose.

Keeping the options field is also retarded. Options should have their own fields /checkboxes (especially sage because everyone keeps forgetting it exists)
>>
>>333981
Wow yeah, I love that even basic text crawlers can now grab my email where at least before they had to put some more effort in.
>>
File: Oh you.png (351 KB, 658x391) Image search: [Google]
Oh you.png
351 KB, 658x391
>>334164
Then use a temp email and put effort into it if you're paranoid, you lazy faggot.
>>
>>334190
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.