[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/jp/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 26.jpg (18 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
26.jpg
18 KB, 300x100
What was /jp/ like in the past? I cant help but feel it's a shadow of it's former self, or was it always /s4s/ - touhou edition?
>>
>lol vending machine sells weird shit!
>lol check out this WEIRD flavor of food/drink
>what's japan really like?
>how do i become a citizen?
>how do i get a Japanese girl to sleep with me?

It was shit.
>>
It was still shit, but it was coherent shit.
>>
it was generally about japan
>>
When it was "Japanese Culture" instead of "Otaku Culture" it was still bad but I feel the range of topics discussed was more varied.
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.
>>
>>334634
A site can be bad in so many different ways, but I think there's 2 major opinions. One being that the users are bad, and the other being that the way the site functions is bad.
People really should try to give some more clarification on why they think something is bad.

I wasn't on old /jp/ but I'm guessing it didn't have such strict moderation? So in that case you think it was bad mostly because of the community?
and perhaps now it is bad because of both the community and the uptight moderation?
>>
File: 1422154556222.jpg (66 KB, 772x384) Image search: [Google]
1422154556222.jpg
66 KB, 772x384
It existed.
>>
>>333745
It was better, due to less "ironic" shitposting and meme-spouting.
>>
Lots of Touhou. Actually, nowadays it looks a bit somewhat like it did way back then, only it had more Japan threads (generals about the country itself). Surprised Flanfly is still around, but who knows if it's the original guy.

There was a time when the board was plagued by IRC and ironic shitposters for a while (currybutt etc) but it seems they generally moved on. The board was practically unusable for a while because of them because at one point the shitposters did nothing but try to get the /jp/ janitor to work in overdrive until he quit, and just kept shitposting all over the board when janitors did apparently quit. Just true dick moves really.

There was an old crew of /jp/ users but they were gradually butthurt at the various ways mods/janitors were helping, or not helping, who had their own ideas for what the board should be. They seemed to have scattered to various little corners far and wide. Some of them were cool, chill people (like the Hong scanlator). Since /jp/ is actually not constantly under attack by a shitposter crew those old guys should come back and bring back the old ways, albeit /jp/ was only really its old self for about its first 2-3 years before shitposters started to attack.
>>
>>334719
>I wasn't on old /jp/ but I'm guessing it didn't have such strict moderation?
It didn't have strict moderation because non-/jp/sies didn't want to even go there except to flood it occasionally thanks to KoG, and so there was not too much need for moderation as the board was really insular. The board culture was generally pretty laid back, but extremely hostile to anyone showing any signs of being a crossboarder who hadn't lurked /jp/, causing every other board to think /jp/ was full of irredeemable assholes. Outsiders kept out, just as planned.

At some point (the worst was around after the puddi incident iirc) the crossies, irc crews and ironic shitposting started increasing dramatically in number until shit became the norm and the old people more or less got fed up and left.
>>
>>333751
>>333783
What the fuck? It was never about Japan. That's why the title got changed in the first place, because it was inappropriate.
>>
File: a vs jp.jpg (98 KB, 972x505) Image search: [Google]
a vs jp.jpg
98 KB, 972x505
>>334913
The title was inappropriate, but somehow moot managed to make it even less appropriate despite everyone's protests when he came to discuss the name change.

I wish he would've just picked Japanese Media
>>
>>334912
Not most of them anti-crossboarder.
But /jp/ anti-crossboarder alway there.
Touhou thread in other board faster than /jp/
Thank to them.
>>
>>334921
>that or post it on /b/- I hear they love weeaboo shit
I miss moot
>>
>>334912
This.
>>
>>333745
>I cant help but feel it's a shadow of it's former self

Like 90% of boards. We're shitposting in the shadows of giants.
>>
I don't know what jp is like now but I was there during the first years and it was bad. Extremely unfunny and autistic, these people have no sense of humor.
A typical jp-meme was "japanese bird cooking spaghetti". It was not funny.
>>
>>335340
>No sense of humor but feel fun at senseless thing.
So you have sense of humor ?
>>
Old /jp/ gave me xenophobia against my own people
>>
The separation of /a/ and /jp/ was a mistake.
/a/ lost a bastion of elitism and /jp/ lost content to be elitists about
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.