[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the popularization of the word "meme" the single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 3.jpg (29 KB, 273x398) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
29 KB, 273x398
Was the popularization of the word "meme" the single worst thing to ever happen to the internet?
>>
>>333212

No, accessibility of the internet to the masses was the worst.
>>
nice meme you got there desu
>>
>>333214
>>333212
These were all great things actually, since the internet worldwide violence has dropped to its lowest point in human history.

The internet has let us be violent to each other using words and not physics lol.
>>
>>333220
lol
>>
>>333220
All 3's is coming up as a get lol
>>
>>333220
we're not talking about the world, we're talking about the internet.
>>
>>333222
checked
>>
>>333222
Nice 333222 GET anon
>>
The warping of the definition of "meme" is the problem.
Same with the word "troll".
>>
I remember people using the word "meme" as early as 2004, so probably no.

>>333214
Are you implying you're not part of said "masses"?
>>
>>333279
using doesn't equate to popularity.
Most people outside of 4chan (and sadly probably some people here too) think "meme" basically has the same meaning as "funny image" or "image macro", and because it has a special word they think the creation and spread of memes is the epitome of internet culture.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.