[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are so many people on this site obsessed with people's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1410018402547.gif (1 MB, 446x469) Image search: [Google]
1410018402547.gif
1 MB, 446x469
>>
Like all things, it starts off as a joke, and then people take it seriously. They take the average from places like Netherlands (6ft), which has the highest average-male-height in the world, and apply it as THE standard.

I'm sure it legitimately sucks to be really short, though.
>>
>>332816
>butthurt manlet detected

This is what they would reply with and shit gets old fast. Being so repetitive likr a parrot isn't conducive to a good board culture.
>>
Self-reflection.
>>
>>332816
>on this site
Have you never been on twitter?
Have you never talked to people in real life?

Everyone is obsessed with height.
>>
>>332936
This

I wonder how the whole height thing started
>>
>>333015
it started 180,000 years ago when Ugg got devoured by a lion shortly after marriage, while his older, taller, more swole brother Tegg survived and went on to have 8 kids.
>>
>>332936
Why though? Are people really that insecure?
>>
I love that someone actually took the time to make those manlet chart images. Makes me laugh just thinking about it.
>>
ITT we pretend the normalfag 4chan boards are representative of all of 4chan.
This is literally the first time I've seen anyone talking about height on 4chan in months.
>>
>>332816
Statistically in democracy the taller person always wins the election.
>>
>>333243
What does that have to do with this thread?

OP is asking why people on 4chan care.
You've given evidence that they do, not answer to why, and it's not even evidence involving 4chan.
>>
>>333132
i see it all the time on /int/ and /co/

of course /fit/ will be obssesed, being the closet manlets they are
>>
>>333293
/fit/.

Are you fat? Work out and get buff.
Are you ugly? Get surgery and become handsome.
Are you short? Tough shit manlet
>>
started off as a joke and then they got in everyone's head so much that a lot of fools take it seriously now. /fit/ culture is really underrated as being site cancer.
>>
because they're manlets themselves tbqh
>>
On /g/ it's to dismiss people who express concern over how big phones are getting
>new 5.5 inch phones are fuckhuge and don't fit in my pockets, for me the optimal screen size is 4.7-5 inches
>LOL BUTTBLASTED MANLET DETECTED CAN'T USE BIG PHONES WITH BABY HANDS GTFO
>>
>>332816
>>333132
The only time I can remember anyone mentioning manlets or height is when they're talking about /fit/.
>>
File: heppy.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
heppy.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>332820
>tfw just made the grade
>>
File: 1445986178213.png (148 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1445986178213.png
148 KB, 400x400
>>333243
>statistically always
yeah i'm sure no election ever in the history of man has ended with the shorter guy winning
>>
>>332816
Because humanity is obsessed with height. Taller people get more attention, attract more beautiful mates, are more likely to get a job, and are often considered more powerful (in strength and personality) than short people. If you've ever heard it, there's reason behind the "I thought you'd be taller" trope when talking about heroes. Height, just like weight, beauty, and voice, is just another way that some people get favored over others not only by the opposite sex, but their peers as well. And it's really fun to look down on some manlet and remind him that just by being taller than him, society sees you as more valuable than him when all other factors are the same.
tl;dr - Butthurt manlet detected
>>
>>335875
That's quite sadistic.
>>
>>335959
Sometimes sadistic things are fun. Besides, it's the fucking internet; If they don't like it they can just ignore it.
>>
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150928-tall-vs-small-which-is-it-better-to-be
>>
I'm 6'6" irl. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Welp, seeya
>>
>>336988
Do you have to crouch everytime you use a door? Or are your doors tall? Don't want to sound like a dick, that's kinda a legit question.
>>
>>333125
See the post above you. Being tall matters. It's more attractive and implies superior genetics.
>>
>>336988
Unless you're super muscular or a basketball player, you're a freak.
>>
>>339128

tall people die early, that's not superior
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.