[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fix the post cooldown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.jpg (45 KB, 1470x480) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
45 KB, 1470x480
Like around 1-2 years ago due to reasons no one was OK with the posting cooldown was changed to a minute. How about that insanity finally gets fixed and the cooldown gets moved back down to 30 seconds?
>>
>>332376
Storytiming threads became fucking PAINFUL to do after the post cooldown got raised
>>
>>332389
The cooldown is 30 seconds with pictures on /co/.
>>
42.0 seconds
get it? like the weed number XD
>>
They don't like 4chan being "chatroomy" for some reason.
>>
>>332780
/co/ AND /h/.
>>
>>332780
>>332881
Makes no sense for it to be low on /co/ and high everywhere else.
>>
>>332788
That was Moot's reasoning.

You can't be "chatroomy" with a 30 second post cooldown either.

His reasoning was pretty damn stupid and I've never seen anyone in support of it.
>>
>>332978
/co/ has always been half image dumping and half discussion. Storytimes are a big part of the board.
>>
>>332986
To be fair, /a/ has it's fair share of manga dumps too but still has the long timer.

Even have one up right now
>>>/a/133293163
>>
>>332986
Its the SAME exact thing with /a/

Image dumps and storytimes happen all the time

Now they're just PAINFUL to sit through or host now.
>>
>>332994
>>332996
I don't think you understand what I meant. On average /co/ gets a dozen storytimes every day. On wednesday it reaches 30-40. There's constantly comics being storytimed in any thread. It's far more imagedumping oriented than /a/, where discussion is the predominant part of the board.
>>
>>332376
4chan is a web forum, not a chat room. IMO post timers should be increased to 5 minutes globally.
>>
>>333016
>4chan is a web forum
No its an image board. Hell web forums doesn't even have post cooldowns. At least none I've been on
>IMO post timers should be increased to 5 minutes globally.
Moot pls go
>>
>>333018
>No its an image board
Which is a type of forum.

>web forums doesn't even have post cooldowns
Because most of them have effective human moderation that will stymie users who attempt to spam low quality posts the way people do on 4chan. 4chan's scale makes that unfeasible, so we rely on automated methods of controlling the post rate.
>>
>>333023
>we
Moot go and stay go
>>
>>333004
>It's far more imagedumping oriented than /a/
Any thread that isn't about a current ongoing anime or manga is either an imagedump or a thread that will soon become an imagedump.
>>
>>333004
>>332996
At least from my experience storytimes were more common on /a/ before the cooldown change.
>>
>>333018
A good portion of web forums do have cooldowns actually. However, their format makes those unnecessary for the most part unless you're a bot.
>>
>>333602
At the very least I've never been on one that has them, don't see why they would either.
>>
>>334781
So a bot can't pump out 9,001 posts to each board all at once while mods are asleep.
>>
>>335363
Nice meme bro
>>
>>335932
ty, its a classic
>>
>>335363
Only shitty mods sleep
>>
>>332376
When DID the post cool-down change anyway?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.