[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hiro, please ban posting from mobile IPs. It would alleviate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: 1445786344105.jpg (72 KB, 1000x996) Image search: [Google]
1445786344105.jpg
72 KB, 1000x996
Hiro, please ban posting from mobile IPs. It would alleviate a significant amount of shitposting as using a mobile device provides an extremely easy way to shitpost with no consequences.

It's not the end all be all but it would be helpful.
>>
>>329735
BIG BOOTY BROWN GRILS
>>
>>329735
is this a HIGH TEST thread?
>>
>>329735
>hey Hiro kill tons of site traffic
>>
Fucking disgusting, niggers truly are alike monkeys.
>>
>>329735

4>1>3>>>>2

Anyway, I agree. I won't lie, I've made blatant shitpost threads in the past and I've always done so on my phone.
>>
>>329739
>look nothing like them
>they're truly alike them
>>
>>329738

>4chan is a popularity contest

And back to reddit you go.
>>
banning mobile would remove the vast majority of normalfag posters

it would be glorious
>>
>>329744
No mobile traffic is important because less people have Adblock
>>
>>329866

They can still browse 4chan. But just banning mobile users from making threads should be good enough.
>>
>>329866
Banned =/= blocked.

You can browse but no posting
>>
People who feel like policing the noise of an anonymous online website are trash
>>
>>329920
Good, at least that makes you leave.
>>
>>329735
Fuck you OP, some of us like using 4chan in the shower or on the toilet.
>>
>>329735
No. I've been browsing for eight years, but as an adult now my days are busy. I don't have time to sit at my computer all day anymore. Most of my posts are from mobile.
>>
>>329735
>mobile ips
You retarded, son?
>>
>>329738
it's a commercial website. hiro bought this place. it's his investment. his personal interest is literally how it can make him money.
now to give him credit he's very interested in hearing what the users want (because he understands imageboards as new as he may be to HERE specifically), but he needs to find a way 4chan can actually be profitable.
so to him, traffic is good even if it's just for the awful jlist ads (which i only see on my phone, and wut, i'm not even a weeb and i can't even use "male stress parodies", or whatever it is)
>>
Just ban typical mobile filenames from creating threads. That's all you need.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 193x254) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 193x254
>>329735
No. You computerfags lost the war.
>>
>hey ban mobile users
>not image.jpg
>distracting image of women
ban pc users
>>
>>330233
This.
>>
>>329738
That's part of why mobileposting is cancer, though. More people = shittier quality content because the average person like you or I really is a banal piece of uninteresting shit.
>>
>>329735
There is literally no difference between PC and mobile posters in this case, shitty suggestion, OP
>>
>>329735
>mobile IPs
There's no such thing you dumb nigger.
>>
>>330254
do u not have a phone?

>>330331
i didn't install /g/entoo so take my comment with a grain of salt but, i'm pretty sure like 4g/3g whatever networks have ips they only use.
i've posted out and about and discovered i'm permab& and appealed that i was just on my phone and got the ban removed in minutes. mods have to have a way to check if the IP is mobile or they wouldn't do that. unless that is the easiest way to fool dumb mods into removing your ban. IDK!
>>
>>330665
addendum: the inclusion of the phrase "thank you based mod" in my appeal then may or may not have helped. i think if u write something funny they might like you more but again, IDK.
>>
Mobilefags:
• Don't produce OC;
• Don't participate in actual discussion;
• Write like a retarded 12 years old. (actually, I've seen many kids writing properly, thing mobilefags don't);
• Only shitpost;
• Are normalfags too;
• 90% of mobilefags browse other cancerous sites, like Facebook, Reddit and Tumblr;
• 90% of mobilefags are newfags too;
• Make cancerous threads;
• Have no valid argument on why 4chan should not ban posting from mobile;
• image.jpg.

>inb4 hurr durr lol poorfag is madl leelelleleel xd emojis is le kool
>>
>>330696
There's no proof that mobile users spam more than PC users. This is poor bait.
>>
>>330702
Where did I say mobilefags spam, dumb mobilefag?
>>
>>330702
There's no proof that mobile users don't spam more than PC users. This is poor bait.
>>
>>330709
Shitposting = spamming, you smartass.
>>
>>330712
Being contrarian doesn't validate your point. There is absolutely nothing wrong with moble users.
>>
>>330715
>There is absolutely nothing wrong with moble users.
see >>330696
>>
>>330719
PC users do all those things as well. And triggering your autismal peaks with image.jpg is the best thing ever.
>>
>>330713
Are you that dumb?

Shitposting = knowingly contributing low quality, off-topic, or ill intentioned posts
Spamming = Flooding
>>
>>330720
>PC users do all those things as well.
The difference is that mobilefags do it all time. I never saw a drawfag using a mobile to post, I never saw a scriptfag using a mobile to post, the list goes on.
>triggering your autismal peaks with image.jpg is the best thing
This only proves my point that mobilefags always shitpost.

Now fuck off to Facebook.
>>
>>330723
They're bad and posts can be both, you pedantic faggot.
>>
>>330731
>he thinks there aren't PC users purposedly renaming files to image.jpg
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>330735
Where did I say this?
I know some of you autistic fucks do that to derail threads.
>>
>>330732
Cornelia, 4chan.js, posting the same thing over and over is spamming
Nigger abbreviations (t.bh, sm.h), baiting, shitty memes is shitposting.
>>
>>330736
You have nothing of worth against mobile users. Just deal with it.
>>
>>330743
>he's so angry that he does the same thing he accuses mobile users of: shitposting
Your tears are delicious. Keep them coming.
>>
>>330744
im not him i just thought my internet was down, my bad
>>
>>330741
As I said, mobilefags have no valid argument on why 4chan should not ban posting from mobile. You just gave me another reason on why mobile users should be banned: they are stubborn as fuck. You're terribly damage controlling just on one item, when I gave you other 10 reasons. You also seem very new here to not know the difference between spamming and shitposting.
Whatever, I have to go back to work. Go browse 4chan in public thinking you're somewhat a cool kid, because that seems to be the only reason why mobile users use cellphones to browse this site.
>>
>>330754
>taking banter seriously
>>
>>330732
Can be =/= are always
>>
ITT: muh sekrit club!!!!!!! Mommy!!!!!
>>
>>329735
Not everyone can sit on their fat ass in front of the computer all day, boy. Some of us have things to do, and lives, and people that actually want to talk to us, and it's nice to keep up with a thread discussion on the go, if it's of particular interest. I'm sorry you seriously have nothing in your life but 4Chan, and how you haven't killed yourself over that fact shows and unbelievable level of self awareness, by the way. But despite what mommy told you, you aren't special. Go cry into some hot pockets about it, okay faggot? You aren't an adult. You're a boy. You have no say. Now fuck off, boy.
>>
>>330916
You know what? There is literally nothing wrong with a secret club mentality. Adding exclamation points and poor spelling doesn't make it wrong.
>>
>>329739
Wake up: all humans are just hairless apes, bro.
>>
>>330967
Yeah, we're all the same /b/ro XD
>>
>>329735
Fuck you man I got a long bus commute.
>>
>>330916
Call me edgy, tumblr, 9gagger, whatever you guys call it now, but I wish 4chan actually was a secret club, like in 2005 or 2004.
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 850x645) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 850x645
>>329866
This is true.
If you guys what to shit on moble users so be it. But this request to ban them from posting or starting threads will decrease the amount of people coming here from mobile devices and will then decrease ad revenue.
The whole:
>>image.jpg
>get >>>/out/
thing will keep people posting but much more carfully to avoid getting bullied.
>>
File: wan_piss_pushes_degeneracy.jpg (276 KB, 771x855) Image search: [Google]
wan_piss_pushes_degeneracy.jpg
276 KB, 771x855
>>331113
Can't argue facts, anon.
>>
File: 1436107784685.jpg (93 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1436107784685.jpg
93 KB, 640x640
Black butts <3
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.